Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... Empty
PostSubject: Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...   Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:10 am

I'm astonished that I haven't read about these bands yet on this board. They're both awesome, with remarkable vocals.

Free Fall - they have a s/t ablum out. It's an amazing record!

Scorpion Child - debut will be released in june.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...   Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:13 am

I have the Free Fall album and it's pretty decent. I have to give it some more spins to let it really sink in. It arrived with a bunch of other new music, so I haven't spent allot of time with it. The sticker on the cd said it's for fans of 70's rock , like UFO, The Who, etc. I'd say that description isn't too far off.

Scorpion Child I just read/heard about in Classic Rock mag. It's got potential.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...   Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Liking that Scorpion Child.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...   Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:57 am

Scorpion Child news...

Quote :
Austin, Texas-based classic rockers SCORPION CHILD will release their self-titled debut album on June 21 via Nuclear Blast Entertainment, the new U.S. partnership between Nuclear Blast owner Markus Staiger and former Roadrunner Records A&R chief Monte Conner. Produced and arranged by Chris "Frenchie" Smith (THE ANSWER, ...AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF DEAD, THE TOADIES, DAX RIGGS), the CD was recorded using analog recording technology.

The limited CD digipack, vinyl, digital download versions of "Scorpion Child" include the following songs:

01. Kings Highway
02. Polygon Of Eyes
03. The Secret Spot
04. Salvation Slave
05. Liquor
06. Antioch
07. In The Arms Of Ecstasy
08. Paradigm
09. Red Blood (The River Flows)

Bonus track:

10. Keep Goin' (LUCIFER'S FRIEND cover)
11. Lover's Leap (iTunes version only!)

Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... ScorpionChildCD

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...   Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:12 pm

On the list to check out.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...   Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:26 am

The Scorpion Child is out now. It's an awesome record! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...   Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks for the reminder. I want to check these guys out. Although not till next week, June 25th to be exact. According to Amazon anyway. The clips sound very promising.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...   Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thanks for the reminder. I want to check these guys out. Although not till next week, June 25th to be exact. According to Amazon anyway. The clips sound very promising.

The whole album is streaming (Blabbermouth has it) - I sampled it and it sound good. I will probably pick this one up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...   Some classic/hard rocking newcomers... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some classic/hard rocking newcomers...
Page 1 of 1