Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:19 am

http://www.bubblews.com/news/3294777-rocking-the-usa-alive-or-dead

Article written by me Smile

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Fri May 09, 2014 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:30 pm

http://www.bubblews.com/news/3295474-online-trolling
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:39 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
http://www.bubblews.com/news/3295474-online-trolling

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t20162-trolling?highlight=trolling

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Trolling isn't about being an ass, it's about being respectful yet getting your point across.

Totally different than what i'm talking about in the article. I'm speaking more towards the "you suck" "this band sucks" "hate this" type. I was never that guy Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:11 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Trolling isn't about being an ass, it's about being respectful yet getting your point across.

Totally different than what i'm talking about in the article.  I'm speaking more towards the "you suck" "this band sucks" "hate this" type.  I was never that guy Smile

Being respectful yet getting your point across is just that. Trolling is being an ass with the deliberate intent of provoking people. I'm not sure what you think trolling is, but to me those are 2 totally different things that aren't interchangeable.

The basic "you suck" guys aren't troll either. They're just douche bags.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Totally different than what i'm talking about in the article.  I'm speaking more towards the "you suck" "this band sucks" "hate this" type.  I was never that guy Smile

Being respectful yet getting your point across is just that. Trolling is being an ass with the deliberate intent of provoking people. I'm not sure what you think trolling is, but to me those are 2 totally different things that aren't interchangeable.

The basic "you suck" guys aren't troll either. They're just douche bags.

They are epic trolls to me. They simply say that to get a reaction from other people. That is 100% trolling IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:52 pm

So you're saying there is a difference between trolls and "epic" trolls?  surprised 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:06 pm

It must be like the difference between probation and double secret probation.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:17 pm

like the difference between metal and heavy metal!! Just one word  Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:21 pm

I think I'm being trolled right now. See ya.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:44 pm

To me trolling is going into forums where you have no interest in for the sole purpose of bashing whatever the subject is. Or going onto videos on youtube of stuff you hate just to say how much you hate it. Comming from several fandoms that are subject to trolling, I've seen a lot of this. Funniest thing is those who tell the fandoms how big of losers they are. Who's a bigger loser? The fandom people or the people who have nothing better to do than to bash them? My life is pretty pathetic, yet not so much that I'm willing spend my time or focus on stuff I hate.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:50 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
To me trolling is going into forums where you have no interest in for the sole purpose of bashing whatever the subject is. Or going onto videos on youtube of stuff you hate just to say how much you hate it. Comming from several fandoms that are subject to trolling, I've seen a lot of this. Funniest thing is those who tell the fandoms how big of losers they are. Who's a bigger loser? The fandom people or the people who have nothing better to do than to bash them? My life is pretty pathetic, yet not so much that I'm willing spend my time or focus on stuff I hate.

This is the kind I was talking about. Those who use "hate" words to voice their opinion.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 9:48 am

Eskimos have a gajillion words for snow (Ed Note: I know that's not true). Isn't it time we STOP trying to condense every single behavior that people engage in socially under one word? I really can't get behind the notion that there are "types" of trolls.

I mean, the madness runs deep anymore when you hear about nonsense like "Micro-Aggression Theory" (i.e. "You're being racist without knowing it, but it's the same as being overtly racist"), and I think anyone could be forgiven for thinking humanity in the west has kind of lost the plot.

There is a HUGE difference between what some people call trolling between friends (which used to be called "ball busting" and any number of other non-gender-specific things) and when a random stranger starts giving you a rash of **** over something you like or think because they have a tiny **** or weren't hugged enough as a child. in both cases, you stand a good chance of getting a rise out of your target, sure, but based on the social dynamic of the situation, one is likely to end with a lot of mutual laughter and promises to one-up the person who got said rise and the other is going to end with a certain fixed desire to cause permanent bodily harm to the person who got said rise. At its root, it's because in the latter, you're being harassed by a stranger and I don't know ANYBODY who reacts well to that. This goes back to the caveman (and cavewoman) days in which Ug-Thak bludgeoned his neighbor Droglor for painting a dinosaur butt on the outside of his cave. Social instinct, in other words.

Intent is a big part of... well, everything. If you set out to find India and found North America, you failed. People now seem to want to take a situation like this and say, "Well, I failed to find North America, but I succeeded in a goal I didn't even know I had!" WHAT?! Granted, you can still USE that failure, but your intention was not carried out. If you want to get a rise out of a friend because you know or think they'll ultimately find it funny or because that's just how the friendship rolls, you may fail in getting them to laugh, but that failure of intent is a long walk away from actively intending to annoy, upset, or actively piss someone off. That goes double if your target is a stranger.

Hell, maybe half of the problem is that the internet has given entire demographics this sense of "All these people are my friends" and the lines are blurred. Granted, you CAN make friends via the 'net and I have done so many times over. Hope to continue, in fact. But, by default, people I meet and have exchanges with on the web are no more "familiar" to me than random people at the mall and, if it wouldn't be remotely appropriate for me to do face-to-face, what makes it suddenly ok when I'm behind a monitor and keyboard?

Not arguing with you, Rob, and in fact I think we're in agreement on our basic view of trolls, but I'd definitely shy away from saying there's "acceptable" trolling and "unacceptable" trolling. The word kind of loses any usefulness if it becomes that elastic.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:34 am

http://www.bubblews.com/news/3307459-music-is-my-life
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:35 am

http://www.bubblews.com/news/3306699-fight-for-greatness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?   Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rocking the USA...Alive or Dead?
Page 1 of 1