Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sweet/Lynch Project

Go down 
+4
Dark Horseman
journeyman
James B.
kethdredd
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Sweet/Lynch Project Empty
PostSubject: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:36 am

Another new project this one with George Lynch and Michael Sweet. Could be interesting.

Quote :
Stryper frontman Michael Sweet, Lynch Mob/Dokken guitarist George Lynch, former White Lion bass player James Lomenzo and S.U.N./Whitesnake drummer Brian Tichy are teaming up in a currently unnamed new band project.

The debut album will be recorded in early 2014 with Sweet overseeing production duties, for a release through Frontiers Records pencilled right after the summer of 2014.

Said Sweet in a Facebook post, "I just signed a deal to do a record with the legendary @LynchRocks @BassiusMaximus and @BrianTichy early next year. I'm excited! And you?"

This is the first of a number of new exciting band projects put together personally by Serafino Perugino, president and head of A&R for Frontiers Records, which will see the light of day during 2014.

Sweet and Lynch have also been in talks to hit the road together with the guitarist's T&N project. Earlier this year Sweet told SleazeRoxx.com that, "They asked me to do it. They were going to go out last year that didn't work out so they are planning to go out this year. Right now the plan is to begin rehearsals in September and go out in October -- things can change but that's what we're looking at right now. I did have a conversation with George, and then another with Jeff (Pilson), about it and it's a 'go'. I think this is a good fit, they are a melodic hard rock band and those are my roots too, it's what I cut my teeth on. They are great guys and I hope they feel the same. We have a good relationship and we like each other. It's an exciting time to represent these songs, not only the Dokken songs but the T&N songs. The way I understand it Jeff will sing all the T&N songs and I will be singing most to all of the Dokken songs."

Meanwhile Stryper's latest album 'Second Coming' was released in late March. The album features sixteen tracks, including new recordings of fourteen songs from Stryper's early years as well as two brand new songs. Sweet commented, "We're really excited about this record. The re-recorded songs are sounding awesome... better than the originals in many ways! One word to describe the record? Heavier. We've hooked up with some great people -- we've got new management, a great album, a great label. We just feel like everything is coming together, and hopefully some big things are to follow."
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:46 am

The first thing mentioned appeals more than the T & N thing, at least to me.

Michael must have the creative juices flowing if he's gonna record with Lynch and more Stryper on the way ?

The thing I focused on was this...

Quote :
This is the first of a number of new exciting band projects put together personally by Serafino Perugino, president and head of A&R for Frontiers Records, which will see the light of day during 2014.

If they flood the limited market with stuff like this, it can ruin a good thing. I just hope these so called comglomerate bands can focus more on "super" songwriting as opposed to that proverbial and mis-used "super goup" tag

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:00 am

Who would of thought. I'm interested. Could be cool.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:56 pm

I agree with James. It seems with Avantasia and a couple others doing well this is the new way to push music. It could be good, Tichy is a monster on drums but i'll wait to hear.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:27 pm

This is a great lineup, really. As I've stated in the beginning, T&N was a big stumble for Lynch, and I'm beginning to think that, like Blackmore and DP, he and Dokken should just be a thing of the past. I doubt he'd fit in at this point. But moving on and focusing on a project with these guys is a step in the right direction.

And as much as I never liked vintage Stryper and HATED Sweet's voice early on, he really has become the most mature, ambitious, and talented (not to mention healthiest) vocalist working in metal today. Everything with him sounds fresh and raw.

Whereas everything with Don sounds like my bathroom fan.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:33 am

I'm not much of a Stryper/Sweet fan in general, but the rest of the line-up intrigues me. I'd certainly give this a listen.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:03 am

Sweet can still sing and scream, as can be heard on their new CD. He hits those high notes like he's still in his 20's. Could be interesting.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:42 am

Great musicians coming from some oft-patchy backgrounds..new start, new music...... I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:52 am

I think T & N is a fun listen, nothing earth shattering but it's quality, it's getting a lot of love on Amazon too which means...................absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:51 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I think T & N is a fun listen, nothing earth shattering but it's quality, it's getting a lot of love on Amazon too which means...................absolutely nothing.

I traded in my copy. My first post on this board was about this and the strangely positive reviews it got on Amazon. It's not bad at all, it's just meh, especially the hook-less originals. Pilson sings great, Brian's a nice addition, and Owens nails Kiss of Death, but that's about it. And Doug Pinnick mauls Tooth and Nail, just a wretched vocal.

I think the deal with T&N is that it started with Don on-board and then fell apart, and I had also read that Mick was supposed to be more involved as well but ended up just doing a few tracks, so basically it was a BS album, maybe rushed in the end. I hope this Sweet project is treated with more sincerity, and knowing Sweet, it probably will be Cool .
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:21 pm

I hear ya'. I think going in with low expectations helped.

I wonder, if Lynch is the main songwriter how will this differ from his latest projects?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet/Lynch Project   Sweet/Lynch Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet/Lynch Project
Page 1 of 1