Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

W.A.S.P.

Go down 
+24
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Chrome Locust
corplhicks
BearOnUnicycle
metalheaded
stormspell
Wurthless
Required Fields
80s Metal Lady
SpectreFate
Leatherface
kmorg
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
Alex Dee Rokket
mc666
Lurideath
journeyman
MetallicSeminarian
Orion Crystal Ice
brokentulsa
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I think Blackie just loves the Who that much.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I think Blackie just loves the Who that much.

Of course he does. They're more metal than KISS.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Blackie can really sing. The drums get old quick and the bass is where. I do like it so I'm going to give it a try. Maybe I'll work backwards through the catalog.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:07 am

corplhicks wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Headless Children and especially Crimson Idol are both desert island discs.

Their debut does nothing for me, one of the least original and inspired efforts I've heard from that era...

affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:13 am

No Jon Lord, No Burn! Mad
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:24 am

stormspell wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Headless Children and especially Crimson Idol are both desert island discs.

Their debut does nothing for me, one of the least original and inspired efforts I've heard from that era...

affraid

I know, I know. Back to the unorthodox opinions thread!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 am

corplhicks wrote:
Their debut does nothing for me, one of the least original and inspired efforts I've heard from that era. But these two--talk about a shifting current.

I'm interested to know what other records you think W.A.S.P's debut sounded like? There were a ton of Judas Priest, AC/DC and Iron Maiden copycat bands around, what is it about this record that you think is so unoriginal?

I can understand if you hate it, but I thought it was pretty unique for it's time.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Their debut does nothing for me, one of the least original and inspired efforts I've heard from that era. But these two--talk about a shifting current.

I'm interested to know what other records you think W.A.S.P's debut sounded like? There were a ton of Judas Priest, AC/DC and Iron Maiden copycat bands around, what is it about this record that you think is so unoriginal?

I can understand if you hate it, but I thought it was pretty unique for it's time.

Kiss, Crue, Ratt, and Accept, although I get these bands were big around the time of WASP's debut. It's all in the songwriting for me, and Blackie seemed to drag his knuckles on the first one. But I certainly don't hate it. It just never did anything for me, it sounds so lackluster. IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 pm

I kind of get KISS and to a lesser extent Accept, but Crue & RATT!!!!

C'mon? surprised
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I kind of get KISS and to a lesser extent Accept, but Crue & RATT!!!!

C'mon? surprised

Early Crue & Ratt, Too Fast for Love and Out of the Cellar. I know, I know. This belongs in that good ol unorthodox thread.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Blackie just plays the guts out of it. In the 80's he was pure animal - in the 90's he just got more progressive in his songwriting.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Blackie just plays the guts out of it. In the 80's he was pure animal - in the 90's he just got more progressive in his songwriting.

I agree, there was a rawness about that album and an intensity that really set them apart from the bands mentioned. Also Sleeping in the Fire was an incredibly mature ballad, maybe only Fade to Black was it's equal in my incredibly short list of metal ballads that didn't make me want to vomit.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:23 pm

I've seen video of 'The Torture Never Stops' being played on the current tour. headbanger They are a little wooden on stage, but I'm going to any Florida date once the U.S. leg kicks off.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:08 pm

journeyman wrote:
Blackie can really sing. The drums get old quick and the bass is where. I do like it so I'm going to give it a try. Maybe I'll work backwards through the catalog.

That is my only complaint about the Babylon album. The drumming is technically great but geez, do you have to solo through the whole song on every track?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:51 am

To resurrect a (somewhat) old thread, I finally acquired some W.A.S.P. I got the Headless Children and absolutely love it. I just recently purchased Dying for the World and I'm loving it so far, as well! I suppose I have become a W.A.S.P. fan. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Headless Children is a great album and showed a more mature Blackie. DFTW is decent but not one I listen to much.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Headless Children is a great album and showed a more mature Blackie. DFTW is decent but not one I listen to much.

I hope to make my next purchase The Crimson Idol.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:16 pm

I got beat up on the regular in 7th grade for wearing my Headless Children t-shirt. I don't really think anything of the image, but I guess I can see wear people were coming from, with the Klan and such.

I don't think middle school kids think much about symbolism and ideas and concept and such. They just see that stuff and think racist. Plus it was like 1990/1991, at a predominantly "gangsta" school, in Dallas. There were barely 5 other metalheads.

But yeah, I took my lumps for my love of W.A.S.P. so they will always have a spot in my life.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:14 pm

That's dedication. More than I would have, because I'd stop wearing the shirt, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:18 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I got beat up on the regular in 7th grade for wearing my Headless Children t-shirt. I don't really think anything of the image, but I guess I can see wear people were coming from, with the Klan and such.

I don't think middle school kids think much about symbolism and ideas and concept and such. They just see that stuff and think racist. Plus it was like 1990/1991, at a predominantly "gangsta" school, in Dallas. There were barely 5 other metalheads.

But yeah, I took my lumps for my love of W.A.S.P. so they will always have a spot in my life.

Yes. I got decried by black gang members and a militant (the Knights of Columbus type) Catholic teacher about my W.A.S.P. stuff meaning "white anglo saxon protestant" in some vague white supremacist sort of way. Cue ironic hilarity in 3, 2....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:25 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Yes. I got decried by black gang members and a militant (the Knights of Columbus type) Catholic teacher about my W.A.S.P. stuff meaning "white anglo saxon protestant" in some vague white supremacist sort of way. Cue ironic hilarity in 3, 2....

No, no, no.... WASP stands for We're A$$ Sucking Pansies......

just kidding
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:53 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
That's dedication. More than I would have, because I'd stop wearing the shirt, LOL.

Haha, dedication or stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P.   W.A.S.P. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W.A.S.P.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: