Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WITCH CROSS is back!

Go down 
+8
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Gilbert
labrekk
12 posters
AuthorMessage
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

WITCH CROSS is back! Empty
PostSubject: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Fit For Fight was a cool album. I really enjoyed Night Flight to Tokyo back then.

Taken from metalunderground.com

Witch Cross Announces New Album "Axe To Grind" Release

Hells Headbangers has announced July 13th as the international release date for Witch Cross' "Axe to Grind" album.

Mastered by Flemming Rasmussen (Metallica, Morbid Angel, Blind Guardian) and mixed by Chris Tsangarides (Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy, Anvil), "Axe to Grind" is the band's first full-length of all-new material since 1984's "Fit for Fight," reissued last year.

The "Axe to Grind" track listing is:

1. March of the Vikings
2. Demon in the Mirror
3. Ride With the Wind
4. Metal Nation
5. Awakening-Pandoras Box
6. Axe to Grind
7. Bird of Prey
8. Lost Without Warning
9. Parl of the Machine
10. Chelsea 100
11. Beyond the Veil

Says guitarist Mike Kock, "Witch Cross is thrilled to be working with Hells Headbangers on the new album Axe to Grind. We were blown away with the work that Hells Headbangers did with the re-release of Fit for Fight and the boxsets etc. We couldn't ask for a better and more supportive label!"

New video for Demon in The Mirror: https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=66eycbDlm-Y
Sounds good IMO.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Never heard of these guys before. need to check them out.
Back to top Go down
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Night Flight To Tokyo (1984)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whbn70x_sm8

Face Of A Clown (1984)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59TvnqMrHMw
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Fixed the links for the clips posted above

and added

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Gotta check this out..
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Mike Kock is still the guitar player.

.............................................................................................................

Mike Kock.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:39 pm

This is one of those bands that I've always heard/read much about, but never actually heard. Will have to give those YouTubes a spin later (no speakers on the PC I'm at right now).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Listened to the new song earlier. I liked it. It seems to pick up right where the band left off. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Great material indeed headbanger
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Good band!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Has a great Angel Witch-cum-Diamond Head feel, with extra doses of speed. The twin guitars are intense. I'm going to log in to Amazon now...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:21 am

Witch Cross is a phenomenal band. Check out their boxset at hellheadbangers.com which contains everything they ever recorded. Unfortunately, their original vocalist is not involved in this new album, and as a result, the new song sounds nothing like the original Witch Cross.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 am

Fit For Fight is one hell of an album. Not sure how I feel about them having a different vocalist for this new one.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Well I got the new Witch Cross album - Axe To Grind last week. I have listened to it several times now and it is very enjoyable. However, it sounds nothing like the original Witch Cross, rather it sounds exactly like Saxon. Why is this you ask? Well, it's because their new lead singer - Kevin Moore - sounds very much like Biff Byford. In fact, he was the touring vocalist for Oliver/Dawson Saxon at one point.

If you like traditional metal, you should definitely check this one out. It's streaming in its entirety here: http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/witch-cross-axe-to-grind.asp
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Oh wow. That's great. Didn't know about this album. And I have rediscovered Fit For Fight. What an awesome record!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2023 3:03 pm

If you like “ Fit For Fight “
MASQUE has a similar sound.
Reverb female vocals. Etc. Pretty good cd.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2023 3:59 pm

I did pick up Fit For Fight a few months ago. Great listen.

One of my favourite purchases this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WITCH CROSS is back!   WITCH CROSS is back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WITCH CROSS is back!
Page 1 of 1