Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD

Go down 
+3
Orion Crystal Ice
Dark Horseman
stormspell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Empty
PostSubject: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:44 pm

Posting this one here as very few seem to bother checking out stuff in "Conversation Piece", sorry.

Hello friends and foes,

We're proud to introduce to you: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD - a US Power metal from Bay Area with distinct progressive touches, influenced by Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time"and George R.R. Martin's "Game of Thrones" among other things. Music-wise it is hard for me to pinpoint what it sounds like. As a very broad specter of reference I'd say anything from PRIMAL FEAR and ICED EARTH to HEART OF CYGNUS. There's anything for everyone, from fast punishing power metal grenades, to slow, complex, emotional compositions.

Exclusive custom artwork by Dimitar Nikolov

SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD SHADOWKILLER-500_zps53bfe972

SLAVES OF EGYPT CD
1. Slaves of Egypt
2. Heart of Judas
3. Seven Kingdoms
4. Seconds From Salvation
5. On the Other Side
6. On These Seas
7. A Walk in Reality
8. Savior
9. Visions in the Eclipse
10. The Human Project

Audio samples:

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:08 am

Cool stuff, i'll have to pick that up.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:15 pm

This is a good band. I don't know that I'd say Iced Earth. I'm thinking White Skull. 'On These Seas' is my favorite. Of course, I'm also not a Game of Thrones fan, so... Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:33 pm

I have no problem with regulars posting stuff in the main forums, Stormspell, so no appologies needed. Very Happy

I liked this!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
This is a good band. I don't know that I'd say Iced Earth. I'm thinking White Skull. 'On These Seas' is my favorite. Of course, I'm also not a Game of Thrones fan, so... Smile

I haven't listened to White Skull apart from the early albums with the female singer. In any case Iced Earth was very broad reference, mostly based on overall "classic USPM" feeling, than anything in particular. Or simply put, it was the first name that popped out of my mind Wink

I'll post other samples down the road. All I can say at the moment is that the album is quite diverse, with half the songs fast in a typical classic power metal vein, and the rest more progressive - but not in the boring sterile noodle-doodle way most power-prog bands these days are. the "proggy" part is based on feeling and emotion than anything, at least the way I perceive it, that is.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:25 pm

kmorg wrote:
I have no problem with regulars posting stuff in the main forums, Stormspell, so no appologies needed. Very Happy

I liked this!

Thanks man, appreciated! I'm not soliciting for sales, we still have a long way to go until this is released. I'm much more interested and would enjoy if people check the tunes and share their opinion, or anything related they wish to share or discuss about.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:35 pm

i like this!

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Good stuff!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 am

Good stuff. The artwork is killer.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:39 pm

The promo campaign for this album has been launched. Serious established Medias interested to be included on our promo-cloud list, get in touch (metal[at]stormspell.com), thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD   SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SHADOWKILLER - Slaves of Egypt CD
Page 1 of 1