Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stormwitch

Go down 
+14
krokus
BearOnUnicycle
Boris2008
SpectreFate
ZombieHavoc
James B.
Alex Dee Rokket
Witchfinder
MoonChild
A Handful of Wayne
80s Metal Lady
stormspell
Wurthless
Orion Crystal Ice
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Stormwitch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:27 am

Been listening to Stormwitch's Witchcraft album on Spotify. Just wondering what fans of the band think of it. It's not classic Stormwitch (was released in 2004). From their discography, it looks like their most recent album. I didn't care for it at all. Some of the songs I ended up skipping. I'm assuming most fans of classic Stormwitch are not too fond of it, but thought I'd ask for some opinions.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:16 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Been listening to Stormwitch's Witchcraft album on Spotify. Just wondering what fans of the band think of it. It's not classic Stormwitch (was released in 2004). From their discography, it looks like their most recent album. I didn't care for it at all. Some of the songs I ended up skipping. I'm assuming most fans of classic Stormwitch are not too fond of it, but thought I'd ask for some opinions.
Don't remember any song from it. Probably never listened to the whole album. Get "Stronger Than Heaven" first.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:33 am

My opinion is..well, check out the other posts. That album is not the way to go. There is only one member from the classic lineup. Not at all the same band and shouldn't have the band name. You want 'Tales of Terror', 'Stronger Than Heaven' or 'The Beauty and the Beast', in no particular order, RIGHT NOW.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:52 am

in case we are new to this thread, some easy listening:

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:32 pm

I am a big fan too. Have everything they released. The first ones on vinyls and the rest on cd. I even saw them live with DESTRUCTOR (USA) and HIRAX at a disco in germany. And in 1998 i saw the singer performing with HAMMERFALL in Germany too.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:33 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Have it and its a little childish in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Just got their new album season of the witch yesterday.

gave it a first spin this morning on my way to work and found it to be very enjoyable.

now i need to get the band's earlier catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 1:36 pm

I have Stronger Than Heaven and The Beauty And The Beast and both are really good listens.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 6:15 pm

I can see how you say Halloween - only listened to them once or twice - but I do have a strong liking towards German 80's metal. I got Walpurgisis (?) Nights. I just might buy another - the studio recording sounds top notch - a touch commercial - and the singer's scream is so distinctive - and the cover photo is corny cool - as for sounding like Styx ? Boston ? No way - it's too street and youthful happy sounds a touch of Pretty Maids Red Hot and Heavy release -
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:30 pm

I'm digging the Stormwitch

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:11 pm

Where is Orion Crystal Ice? I haven't seen him post in a long time and I really missed him during my Running Wild polls.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:43 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Where is Orion Crystal Ice? I haven't seen him post in a long time and I really missed him during my Running Wild polls.

Getting his cape dry cleaned?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Well, bought from ebay my 2nd cd " Tales Of Terror " Wow. They sound like they picked up right where they left off - even the sound - exact - but the song writing is a touch better - wonderful - The cd opens with what sounds like Ozzy's " Journey To The Center " Love that ! Song about a dragon - with a spoken word intro - so classic - YES !!! Trust In Fire - a great tune for all you metalheads who partied outside in the winter with a cassette box -back of cd has their name in that cool orange fire color -even the bonus tracks were much fun to listen to - Singer's voice is sooooo goooooood. I will most def. buy a 3rd cd in Feb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 3:35 am

The first three Stormwitch albums are all that you need. The one after that is also good, but I don't listen to it as much. Everything else afterwards is just not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 2:24 pm

I was thinking about buying " Beauty and Beast " but I saw an inner photo -
they totally changed their look - affraid
not at all the band at the gravesite - in leather - with reapers standing by them -
and - there's the addition to keyboards - not sure now -
I know many other bands did this - Dokken comes to mind - lock n key photo -
Motley Crue - theatre pain photo - etc -
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 12:57 am

You should check this: WITCHBOUND - Tarot's Legacy

The story behind the band: Lee Tarot, the former mastermind and founding member of "black romantic" melodic metallers Stormwitch, is telling his last story. A story about dark ages, full of kings and knights, the grail, holy wars, magic, witches and fire. After his death in the year 2013, his long time companions, Stefan Kauffmann, Ronny Gleisberg, Peter Langer and Martin Winkler (all ex-Stormwitch), complemented by another long time friend, Thorsten Lichtner, decided to finish his opus and to continue the project that was started together some years ago. The closer the protagonists came to finishing the album the more it turned out that this project has to be a real band. WITCHBOUND was born...

It is basically classic Stormwitch minus Andy Muck, bringing to life unreleased songs and ideas left behind by the late Lee Tarot.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Anyone picked up the band's latest release bound to the witch? One of the best albums of 2018 imo. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 10:01 pm

https://youtu.be/cOtQuVTtAXI

Has a New Warlord vibe -
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 7:05 am

Glower wrote:
https://youtu.be/cOtQuVTtAXI

Has a New Warlord vibe -

I tend to agree headbanger
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Has anyone seen the best of Stormwitch photo CD -
I’ve never seen a Heavy Metal album cover like that -
Except from Witchfinder General - lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Glower wrote:
Has anyone seen the best of Stormwitch photo CD -
I’ve never seen a Heavy Metal album cover like that -
Except from Witchfinder General - lol

Which one? They have various best of albums. I own two compilations.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 8:30 am

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stormwitch-Best-of-CD-new/362249896372?hash=item5457c6c1b4:g:edMAAOSwafZaj1DN:rk:2🇵🇫0

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Ah yes i have seen this one around, but never bothered to pick it up as i have other compilations and many studio albums by Stormwitch. Good best of though.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 8:43 am

Bought Beauty and the Beast. So glad I waited. I love Stormwitch !
A touch commercial - but that unique dark romantic sound.
The singer’s voice is so top notch and distinctive !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 9:08 am

Glower wrote:
Bought Beauty and the Beast. So glad I waited. I love Stormwitch !
A touch commercial - but that unique dark romantic sound.
The singer’s voice is so top notch and distinctive !

One of my favourite bands ever headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormwitch   Stormwitch - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormwitch
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next