Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Metropolis March update

Go down 
+3
Eyesore
GrandNational
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Metropolis March update Empty
PostSubject: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Click on my signature to go to Metal Metropolis. Any comments, corrections and/or suggestions are welcome.

New reviews:

AxeHammer - 'Lord Of The Realm' (EP)
Kiss - 'Destroyer (Resurrected)'
Possessor - 'City Built With Skulls'
Reverend - 'Live' (EP)
Testament - 'Dark Roots Of Earth' (Limited Edition)
Tourniquet - 'Antiseptic Bloodbath'
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - 'Joy To The Radio World' (Promo single)
V/A - 'From One Extreme To The Other - CMR Compilation Vol. 3' (2CD)

Updated reviews:

Heaven And Hell - 'The Devil You Know' (CD/DVD)
Ozzy Osbourne - 'Just Say Ozzy' (EP)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:52 pm

On the Testament review looses should be loses, and also the word every should be capitalized after the period after the word album. And I think you also meant to say common denominator instead of nominator in that same sentence.

Last edited by GrandNational on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:32 pm

I think the first TSO album came out more than three years ago. Haha.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Yes, but I am referring to when the radio promo was released, in 1999, 3 years after the debut album. Should I rephrase it perhaps?

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Agree with your review of Dark Roots. I listened to the album a couple times on Spotify to see if it was worth getting and felt the first 4 tracks were quite good and then I basically dozed off for the rest of the album. True American Hate is the real standout, too bad the rest doesn't come close.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:25 pm

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Yes, but I am referring to when the radio promo was released, in 1999, 3 years after the debut album. Should I rephrase it perhaps?
Yeah. I would word it something like this:

Quote :
I don't think anyone could have foreseen the level of success that Trans-Siberian Orchestra gained after the release of 'Christmas Eve And Other Stories' and the hit single, "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24," in 1996. But 3 years later they were amongst the highest grossing touring acts in the US. And now, every Christmas season, they are still filling up the halls all over the east and west coast of USA.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Great Axehammer review! That's their best release by far! One of my faves of all time even. So great job!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Yeah. I would word it something like this:

Quote :
I don't think anyone could have foreseen the level of success that Trans-Siberian Orchestra gained after the release of 'Christmas Eve And Other Stories' and the hit single, "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24," in 1996. But 3 years later they were amongst the highest grossing touring acts in the US. And now, every Christmas season, they are still filling up the halls all over the east and west coast of USA.

Thanks. I'll be sure to fix this.

Thanks for all the comments so far, people. Smile

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 pm

On KISS - Destroyer Resurrected
When doing finishing touched on... (should be touches)

Good review BTW. :-)

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
Agree with your review of Dark Roots. I listened to the album a couple times on Spotify to see if it was worth getting and felt the first 4 tracks were quite good and then I basically dozed off for the rest of the album. True American Hate is the real standout, too bad the rest doesn't come close.

I am not a diehard Testament fan but that is disappointing to read, both of you came to the same conclusion
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 pm

"The Maiden Who Slept In A Glass Coffin" is schlock full of classical music inspiration...

Should be "chock-full"

Scholck means cheap and shoddy. Chock-full means packed or completely full to the limit.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks, Scott.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:53 pm

dig the review of "Destroyer Ressurected"

Thanks ken

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis March update   Metal Metropolis March update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Metropolis March update
Page 1 of 1