Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection

Go down 
+18
chewie
martinsane
jstate
James B.
MetalGuy71
Lari
David Panzer
Gryphon-kl
manny
nevermore
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
tohostudios
Witchfinder
asgard1980
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 am

LIke most here, I do alphabetical and then chronological after that. I segregate the soundtracks, compilations, country and rap albums into their own sections, also alphabetical and chronological, but I think after the move I may just put them all together....
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm starting to segregate my Exotica/Space Age Pop and Classical into it's own cubbies(I have an Ikea Expedit). Classical by composer not conductor.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:04 pm

I too am segregating my Exotica/Space Age Pop. Here I am with that collection.

How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Empty-shelves

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Laughing very hard @ MG71.

I don't collect enough "genres" to make it worthwhile to split'em up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:37 pm

I have two Frank Sinatra CDs. They sit on the shelf right next to Sinner. I think a Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog CD is in the Ts.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:13 pm

@ MG71, Smartass Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 pm

chewie wrote:

Whatever do you mean, sir? That photo was taken in the beginning stages, when I was just getting started. I can assure you that those shelves are now packed to the rafters with electric space sex music or whatever it's called.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:43 am

Alphabetical, then chronological.

Named artists such as Frank Zappa gets put under last name so in the Z's.

Various Artist compilations are in their own section, unorganized.

Classical records are ordered alphabetically by composer, not conductor.

Cds/Vinyls I've bought in the past couple months sit in a giant pile next to the record player.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
chewie wrote:

Whatever do you mean, sir? That photo was taken in the beginning stages, when I was just getting started. I can assure you that those shelves are now packed to the rafters with electric space sex music or whatever it's called.

Then you must have these in your collection. Babes galore!
How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Martin%2BDenny_Primitiva
How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 34706
How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 12821102_b3cc7025ed
How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Baxter_Moonlight_Front
How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Denny_Quiet_Village
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Sexy!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Alphabetical, then chronological, exception tribute albums I shelf beyond the artist they are paying tribute to, thou I do not have many of them. Bootlegs I shelf right behind the official releases. Soundtracks and comps are on their own shelf.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:48 pm

chewie wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
chewie wrote:

How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Martin%2BDenny_Primitiva
How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 34706
How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 12821102_b3cc7025ed
How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Baxter_Moonlight_Front
How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Denny_Quiet_Village

Looks like somebody has been buying vinyl at the thrift stores. I ALWAYS see those albums at just about EVERY Goodwill I go to. Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:11 pm

James B. wrote:
chewie wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
chewie wrote:

Looks like somebody has been buying vinyl at the thrift stores. I ALWAYS see those albums at just about EVERY Goodwill I go to. Laughing very hard

Even cheaper sir......... Dimple. Prices for records at GW here are $2. Dimple usually has them for 99 cents!

Hey! The next time your in one, pick me up a Primitiva and Quiet Village. I actually do not have those two..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:26 pm

chewie wrote:

Even cheaper sir......... Dimple. Prices for records at GW here are $2. Dimple usually has them for 99 cents!

Hey! The next time your in one, pick me up a Primitiva and Quiet Village. I actually do not have those two..... Very Happy

Sure will homey, only if they are in good condition of course.

I miss Dimple.....and The Beat.....but mostly Esoteric Crying or Very sad

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:30 pm

i gave up sorting for right now. Not enough space Smile

SwordsChains
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Well i live at home and have a 10x10 room so i only have about 700 cds in it, and those are alphabetical and then chronological. The rest of my 2300 cds are in boxes in the basement that are sorted by genre. When I have my own house one day, they will all be alphabetized on shelves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/swordsandchains
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:51 am

SwordsChains wrote:
Well i live at home and have a 10x10 room so i only have about 700 cds in it, and those are alphabetical and then chronological. The rest of my 2300 cds are in boxes in the basement that are sorted by genre. When I have my own house one day, they will all be alphabetized on shelves.

my next project is to build some shelves but i am still tempted to cash out the cds now.

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 2:27 am

Genre/Alphabetical/Chronological.

I sometimes forget who I lend things to, so if there's a hole in the collection, I can work out what CD it is, and hopefully who's got it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection   How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you sort your CD/ Vinyl collection
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2