Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Zeppelin Poll

Go down 
+13
Troublezone
jettafiend
chewie
deathisgain
Dark Horseman
MoonChild
James B.
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
manny
Boris2008
SpectreFate
17 posters

Which album do you prefer from Led Zeppelin
Houses Of The Holy
Random Zeppelin Poll Vote_lcap52%Random Zeppelin Poll Vote_rcap
 52% [ 17 ]
Physical Graffiti
Random Zeppelin Poll Vote_lcap33%Random Zeppelin Poll Vote_rcap
 33% [ 11 ]
Who is Led Zeppelin?
Random Zeppelin Poll Vote_lcap15%Random Zeppelin Poll Vote_rcap
 15% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Random Zeppelin Poll Empty
PostSubject: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:14 am

Which album do you prefer from Led Zeppelin?

Houses Of The Holy

or

Physical Graffiti

???

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:23 am

I voted Who is Led Zeppelin? Because although I know a lot of songs, I've never listened to either album straight through. I just don't get Led Zep, so with that I'll leave this thread and let you guys talk. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:44 am

I love Led Zeppelin and both albums are stellar, but I went with "Physical Graffiti' because it is my favorite Led Zeppelin album.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:30 am

Houses Of The Holy for me. It just has the better songs on it , I think.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:50 am

Houses of the Holy wins by default for me.

I owned that one for years on tape and played the hell out of it before upgrading to cd a few years ago. I don't think I ever owned Physical Graffitti on tape. I might have dubbed it from someone's old vinyl. While I was familiar with most of the tunes anyway, it wasn't until 2 or 3 years ago that I finally got it on cd.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:23 am

Like 'em both, but have always loved Houses of the Holy.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:48 am

I chose "Physical Graffitti" cuase the record cover was interactive. Laughing very hard

Also it was kinda/sorta a retrospective of the band at that time without it being a greatest hits/best of album.

Side one
No. Title Date recorded Length
1. "Custard Pie" January–February 1974 4:13
2. "The Rover" May 1972 5:37
3. "In My Time of Dying" (John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Page, and Plant) January–February 1974 11:04
Side two
4. "Houses of the Holy" May 1972 4:02
5. "Trampled Under Foot" (Jones, Page, and Plant) January–February 1974 5:37
6. "Kashmir" (Bonham, Page, and Plant) January–February 1974 8:32
Side three
7. "In the Light" (Jones, Page, and Plant) January–February 1974 8:46
8. "Bron-Yr-Aur" (Page) July 1970 2:06
9. "Down by the Seaside" February 1971 5:13
10. "Ten Years Gone" January–February 1974 6:32
Side four
11. "Night Flight" (Jones, Page, and Plant) December 1970 – January 1971 3:36
12. "The Wanton Song" January–February 1974 4:10
13. "Boogie with Stu" (Bonham, Jones, Page, Plant, Ian Stewart, and Mrs. Valens) December 1970 – January 1971 3:53
14. "Black Country Woman" May 1972 4:24
15. "Sick Again" January–February 1974 4:42

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:01 am

Quote :
14. "Black Country Woman" May 1972 4:24

I always liked the live outdoor setting of that recording with the airplane noise and Robert's (?) comments to keep the tape rolling. Not sure why, but I always found that cool.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:25 am

I vote Houses of Holy but my all time favourite Zepp song is Kashmir which happens to be in Physical Graffiti.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:28 am

Wish there was a "love both equally" button. I flipped a coin and chose Houses Of The Holy.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Obviously it's Houses.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Obviously.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Dang it! I accidentally voted "Who is Zeppelin?" when I meant "Physical Graffiti".

This was hard. "Houses of the Holy" has some of the best hooks and riffs in my opinion. "Physical Graffiti" comes close in that department as well. But "Physical Graffiti" has "In My Time of Dying", which is my all time favorite Zep tune. A monster of a tune for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:07 pm

hmmm tough one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:07 pm

I consider Houses Of The Holy, Physical Graffiti and Presence to be equally incredible albums.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:47 pm

#4 a.k.a ZOSO. yeah, yeah, not a voting option in this poll.

My favorite Zeppelin song of all time is Rock n' Roll followed by their cover of Nobody's Fault But Mine.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Flipped a coin and went with Houses because of The Song Remains The Same, The Rain Song and No Quarter.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 pm

ZOSO would be mine too, just to go along with the unwashed masses.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Houses Of The Holy
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Physical Graffiti by far. HOTH is one of my least favorite Zep albums.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Physical Graffiti by a mile. Probably my favourite Led Zep album.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:51 pm

kinda/sorta trip that there are 5 that voted "who is Led Zeppelin" and only two copped as to why they did it.

Even if you havn't listened to any Zepplein or like them for that matter, I think it's B/S that you've never heard of them.

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:33 am

Like them both so I just selected first option.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Love 'em both, but I chose Houses because I like more of the songs. I'm with MoonChild, though. "Kashmir" is my favorite Zep tune.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:39 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Love 'em both, but I chose Houses because I like more of the songs. I'm with MoonChild, though. "Kashmir" is my favorite Zep tune.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Zeppelin Poll   Random Zeppelin Poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Zeppelin Poll
Page 1 of 1