Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Riverside new album download 5.99.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Riverside new album download 5.99.  Empty
PostSubject: Riverside new album download 5.99.    Riverside new album download 5.99.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 am

If you haven't picked it up yet and only want to DL it, Amazon is having a march is metal special.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Riverside new album download 5.99.    Riverside new album download 5.99.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:24 pm

If it's less Tool/Porcupine Tree and more Riverside I'd be interested.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Riverside new album download 5.99.    Riverside new album download 5.99.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:36 pm

I don't here Tool at all except maybe atmospheric. Check it out, it's more analog sounding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Riverside new album download 5.99.    Riverside new album download 5.99.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
If it's less Tool/Porcupine Tree and more Riverside I'd be interested.

From the other Riverside thread:

S.D. wrote:
The significant difference between Shrine and the prior albums are the instrumentation and production style used. Where the prior album was very "modern" with lots of studio vocal effects, keyboard samples and other staples of modern metal sound this album eschews most of that for a return to organic instrumentation and sound. Instead of synths & samples you've got piano, Hammond organ and electric piano primarily (with synths used sparingly), the guitar sound has been de-metalized as well going for a warmer analog tone. The return to vintage instrumentation is similar to what Steven Wilson, Opeth and other groups have been doing over the past few years...a trend that I am VERY happy about.

Where Anno Domini High Definition was an excellent "Prog Metal" album, Shrine is a beautifully realized "Prog Rock" album. The production is much improved as well, ADHD for all its polish is kind of a thin sounding record, Shrine is dynamic and immersive.

Despite the changes in texture they most definitely retain their core sound. There isn't a weak moment on the entire album and their maturity continues increase.

My favorite tracks are the mellower ones particularly "The Depth Of Self-Delusion", the beautiful ballad "We Got Used To Us" and the gloriously atmospheric "Deprived".

This was the first single which features more of a Deep Purple meets Pink Floyd kinda vibe.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Riverside new album download 5.99.    Riverside new album download 5.99.  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 3:38 am

Amazon also has the CD on sale for $8.99.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Riverside new album download 5.99.    Riverside new album download 5.99.  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 10:29 am

wow. i should have waited!

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Riverside new album download 5.99.    Riverside new album download 5.99.  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 am

Heh, yeah, though it is one album I don't regret paying more for.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Riverside new album download 5.99.    Riverside new album download 5.99.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:52 am

exact33 wrote:
wow. i should have waited!

Dang! Me too.

Riverside new album download 5.99.
Page 1 of 1