Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film

Go down 
+12
Sutekh
manny
sheets
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
jettafiend
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Addy
James B.
tohostudios
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:38 am

I don't mind CGI as long as its not its not too obvious its CGI.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:14 pm

I thought that Oblivion was a good example of CGI done well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I thought that Oblivion was a good example of CGI done well.
Yes it was. It really depends on how it used, for every good movie like Oblivion that uses it artfully there are at least 20 that come out that look like a bad video game.

I tend to like films that use a combination of physical effects and CGI.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Kathleen Kennedy has stated that CGI would only be used "when absolutely necessary".
I've no problem with CGI but considering the amount of movies that have been made with no CGI at all, I'm struggling to think of a definition of 'Absolutely necessary'
That would be a case where the writers come up with a scenario that is impossible to achieve without using CGI. In the old days of physical effects and mattes if the writers came up with something that could not be pulled off they would be told "re-write that sequence, it's impossible" so they'd go back and change it to something achievable. In that case physical limitations dictate to the writing, now that is no longer the case.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Kathleen Kennedy has stated that CGI would only be used "when absolutely necessary".
I've no problem with CGI but considering the amount of movies that have been made with no CGI at all, I'm struggling to think of a definition of 'Absolutely necessary'
That would be a case where the writers come up with a scenario that is impossible to achieve without using CGI.  In the old days of physical effects and mattes if the writers came up with something that could not be pulled off they would be told "re-write that sequence, it's impossible" so they'd go back and change it to something achievable.  In that case physical limitations dictate to the writing, now that is no longer the case.  
Ahh! Good point, I hadn't really thought about it that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 5:59 pm

J.J. refuses to shoot digitally, he's one of the few directors left with the clout to demand the studio allows him to shoot on film.

Here are the specially designed Panavision film cameras being used for Star Wars Episode VII.

Notice the name of the camera:

J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Starwars_panaflex_camera_2

J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Starwars_panaflex_camera_1-700x393
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:10 pm

"Star Wars: Episode VII" Cast Announced

Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm have officially announced the key cast of "Star Wars: Episode VII" with a cast list and a photo from a script reading earlier today.

The new cast members are John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow. Original stars of the saga Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker are all returning as well.

In an official press release, director J.J. Abrams says: "We are so excited to finally share the cast of 'Star Wars: Episode VII.' It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31887/-star-wars-episode-vii-cast-announced
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Quote :
John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson

I have no idea who any of these people are.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

and SD, who could tell us who they are, has left the building.......
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

and SD, who could tell us who they are, has left the building.......

Quick, Robin! To the IMDb!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

That's true. But then again, nobody really heard of Hamill,Fisher, or Ford (aside from bit parts here and there ) either when Star Wars came out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:51 pm

Quote :
That's true. But then again, nobody really heard of Hamill,Fisher, or Ford (aside from bit parts here and there ) either when Star Wars came out.

True, but I was also 7 when "Star Wars" came out. I had no idea who anybody was. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

True, but I was also 7 when "Star Wars" came out. I had no idea who anybody was. Laughing very hard

lol!  Good point !
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:09 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

That's how I feel with the younger cast being nobody's. Of course Cushing and Guinness were pretty established at the time, and here we have Sydow (!), but having a younger cast of unknowns made things even more authentic.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:48 pm

J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 10150710_10152414156333566_9124729895350536726_n
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:07 am

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Ford was a bit known for his work in American Graffiti

but yeah read bout the casting yesterday
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:09 pm

I read Harrison Ford has a large role is 7. It will be interesting to see how they mix old and new. I was disappointed there was no Lando though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
I was disappointed there was no Lando though.

Yeah good point. I hadn't even really thought about him. Maybe Billy Dee Williams didn't want to return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4