Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
Smindas
GrandNational
krokus
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 2:40 pm

Update on the upcoming Avantasia EPs:

Quote :
On November 16, EDGUY frontman Tobias Sammet will release two six-track albums — "Lost in Space Part 1" and "Lost in Space Part 2" — from his AVANTASIA project. Apart from the identical title track, both releases will feature completely different, exclusive songs plus videos, a poster, studio reports, a "making-of," a slideshow, and loads of enhanced bonus material, each for the price of a CD single.

The track listing for the two EPs is as follows:

"Lost in Space Part 1":

01. Lost In Space
02. Lay All Your Love On Me
03. Another Angel Down (feat. Jorn Lande)
04. The Story Ain't Over (feat. Bob Catley & Amanda Somerville)
05. Return To Avantasia
06. Ride The Sky (feat. Eric Singer on vocals)
07. Lost In Space (video clip)
08. Lost In Space (making of the video clip)
09. Photo Gallery + Poster

"Lost in Space Part 2":

01. Lost In Space
02. Promised Land (feat. Jorn Lande and Michael Kiske)
03. Dancing With Tears In My Eyes
04. Scary Eyes
05. In My Defense
06. Lost In Space (alive at Gate studio, feat. Amanda Somerville)
07. The Road To Avantasia (studio report with interview)
08. Slideshow

According to Tobias, the material on the two EPs is top notch and could have easily made it to the album as well. But because there is so much material they have decided to put out those two releases instead of a regular single or EP.
Wow! That looks killer. Lots of material here! You think "Ride The Sky" is a Helloween cover?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Update on the upcoming Avantasia EPs:

Quote :
On November 16, EDGUY frontman Tobias Sammet will release two six-track albums — "Lost in Space Part 1" and "Lost in Space Part 2" — from his AVANTASIA project. Apart from the identical title track, both releases will feature completely different, exclusive songs plus videos, a poster, studio reports, a "making-of," a slideshow, and loads of enhanced bonus material, each for the price of a CD single.

The track listing for the two EPs is as follows:

"Lost in Space Part 1":

01. Lost In Space
02. Lay All Your Love On Me
03. Another Angel Down (feat. Jorn Lande)
04. The Story Ain't Over (feat. Bob Catley & Amanda Somerville)
05. Return To Avantasia
06. Ride The Sky (feat. Eric Singer on vocals)
07. Lost In Space (video clip)
08. Lost In Space (making of the video clip)
09. Photo Gallery + Poster

"Lost in Space Part 2":

01. Lost In Space
02. Promised Land (feat. Jorn Lande and Michael Kiske)
03. Dancing With Tears In My Eyes
04. Scary Eyes
05. In My Defense
06. Lost In Space (alive at Gate studio, feat. Amanda Somerville)
07. The Road To Avantasia (studio report with interview)
08. Slideshow

According to Tobias, the material on the two EPs is top notch and could have easily made it to the album as well. But because there is so much material they have decided to put out those two releases instead of a regular single or EP.
Wow! That looks killer. Lots of material here! You think "Ride The Sky" is a Helloween cover?

greedy !!! 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:23 pm

http://uploaded.to/?id=eo350m

Found a link to the song "Lost In Space." First off, it's a great song. Secondly, people are going to hear this and be disappointed that's it "not Avantasia." Well, Avantasia don't have all fast songs on the other two albums. This definitely has a Rocket Ride feel.

Two things we need to remember:

1. This is a single, meant to attract listeners, so they choose the most radio-friendly of the lot.

2. It's the final song on the album. Many albums end on a soft note.

Either way, it's a solid song, but it's definitely going to draw some detractors that'll immediately declare that Tobias has lost it, and they simply talk smurf poo from there on out. So expect it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:55 pm

I really like that song (could become a favorite). As you said it is "not Avantasia" but it is a good, mellow, and different song than one expects from Tobias. The song reminds me of some pop rock from the 80s/early 90s (KIND OF like Duran Duran meets U2) only heavier. You are also right that people will trash it due to the fact that quite a goodly amount of metal heads despise pop rock (Journey, U2, Night Ranger, etc.) Hopefully they will realize that being a Tobias Sammet project, it's highly unlikely that the rest of the material will be like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:21 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I really like that song (could become a favorite). As you said it is "not Avantasia" but it is a good, mellow, and different song than one expects from Tobias. The song reminds me of some pop rock from the 80s/early 90s (KIND OF like Duran Duran meets U2) only heavier. You are also right that people will trash it due to the fact that quite a goodly amount of metal heads despise pop rock (Journey, U2, Night Ranger, etc.) Hopefully they will realize that being a Tobias Sammet project, it's highly unlikely that the rest of the material will be like this.
Have you heard Edguy's Rocket Ride? This song is much like the more rock-like material on that album.

What's funny is that if you listen to Edguy's early demos, they were more of a rock band than a metal band, but they steadily got heavier over a few demos. So it's almost like Tobias has come full circle. I believe all true songwriters evolve over time. Tobias is just playing stuff that is more akin to rock music now. It's still great, though. And, of course, this Avantasia album may very well be a full-blown power metal epic, aside from "Lost In Space." Who knows?

And let's be honest here, Avantasia has a lot of songs that have that rock vibe: Breaking Away, Avantasia, Sign Of The Cross, and The Looking Glass. And they have plenty of really mellow songs, largely piano pieces: Farewell, Inside, In Quest For, Anywhere, and Into The Unknown. But for some odd reason, people view the Avantasia as these epic power metal albums, when they're simply not solely that at all.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:28 am

Avantasia III - Whatever it is, it's a "sound unheard" one for me. When it comes out it will be mine.

Concerning Edguy...I don't have Rocket Ride but I bought 3 songs from that album a while back. I LOVE the song Trinidad. The crunchy guitar with the steel pan and the playfullness....I love it!

I view Edguy as the Motley Crue or Poison of powermetal. Bear with me!
It's just that they sound like they're having so much fun. They sound like they play exactly what they want w/out a care in the World. I like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:32 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Avantasia III - Whatever it is, it's a "sound unheard" one for me. When it comes out it will be mine.

Concerning Edguy...I don't have Rocket Ride but I bought 3 songs from that album a while back. I LOVE the song Trinidad. The crunchy guitar with the steel pan and the playfullness....I love it!

I view Edguy as the Motley Crue or Poison of powermetal. Bear with me!
It's just that they sound like they're having so much fun. They sound like they play exactly what they want w/out a care in the World. I like that.
Dude! I HATE "Trinidad" with a passion. I think it's the worst Edguy song ever, one of the most annoying I've ever heard. Haha. A lot of people like that one, but I have an unnatural hatred for it.

But I agree with you on Edguy having fun. They have a blast! And if you're a fan of the band, they're simply a great band to be a fan of, if that makes sense. They're a fan band, I guess, very fan-friendly.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:42 am

Why do you hate it? I simply love that song! I think part of it for me is nostalgia. My wife is from Barbados which is a "neighbor" to Trinidad so I imagine what's happening in the song could easily be in Barbados. Also, the lyrics crack me up.

"
You pet named me Napoleon, I was proud 'til I got the reason why. Never aimed for confrontation, you've been sleeping when I kissed your a$$ goodbye!!"

And the tune itself just makes me happy!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:47 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Why do you hate it?
I don't know, it's just a song that makes me cringe. Like I said, it's unnatural. It's like claws on a chalkboard to me. I don't know why. Maybe I should visit Barbados.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:54 am

Eyesore wrote:
Have you heard Edguy's Rocket Ride? This song is much like the more rock-like material on that album.

What's funny is that if you listen to Edguy's early demos, they were more of a rock band than a metal band, but they steadily got heavier over a few demos. So it's almost like Tobias has come full circle. I believe all true songwriters evolve over time. Tobias is just playing stuff that is more akin to rock music now. It's still great, though. And, of course, this Avantasia album may very well be a full-blown power metal epic, aside from "Lost In Space." Who knows?

And let's be honest here, Avantasia has a lot of songs that have that rock vibe: Breaking Away, Avantasia, Sign Of The Cross, and The Looking Glass. And they have plenty of really mellow songs, largely piano pieces: Farewell, Inside, In Quest For, Anywhere, and Into The Unknown. But for some odd reason, people view the Avantasia as these epic power metal albums, when they're simply not solely that at all.

I have Hall of Flames (best of) and Hellfire Club but have yet to get Rocket Ride however, it is on my list. I believe the mark of a true musician is one who uses aspects of all musical influences in their life and Tobias is a good example of that. Metal survives because it evolves and adapts while being true to itself which is why all other forms of music tend to fade away or die. However, people tend to forget that metal wouldn't exist if rock bands didn't experiment with different music influences. I always find it funny how some bands are ridiculed for staying with the same sound but are then ridiclued for when they do change their sound (not dramaticaly but slightly). Unfortunatly you just can't please some people and it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:02 am

http://www.tobiassammet.com/clips/LostInSpaceClip.mp3

http://www.tobiassammet.com/clips/PromisedLandClip.mp3

See? "Promised Land" is faster and heavier. It sounds great, too. And it's a b-side!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:54 pm

Was that the full version of Lost In Space you originally linked to? As it's no longer there... any way you can rectify that? ;D

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:06 pm

Smindas wrote:
Was that the full version of Lost In Space you originally linked to? As it's no longer there... any way you can rectify that? ;D
Sorry. I found that link elsewhere, and it was a crappy rip, so I deleted the MP3. Someone else here may have it downloaded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:31 pm

Tracklisting and album cover for new Ayreon:

Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Ay_albums_y

Disc 1 - Y

1. Age of Shadows (incl. We Are Forever) 10:47

2. Comatose 4:26

3. Liquid Eternity 8:10

4. Connect the Dots 4:13

5. Beneath the Waves 8:26
(a) Beneath the Waves
(b) Face the Facts
(c) But a Memory...
(d) World Without Walls
(e) Reality Bleeds

6. Newborn Race 7:49
(a) The Incentive
(b) The Vision
(c) The Procedure
(d) Another Life
(e) Newborn Race
(f) The Conclusion

7. Ride the Comet 3:29

8. Web of Lies 2:50

Disc 2 - EARTH

1. The Fifth Extinction 10:29
(a) Glimmer of Hope
(b) World of Tomorrow Dreams
(c) Collision Course
(d) From the Ashes
(e) Glimmer of Hope (reprise)

2. Waking Dreams 6:31

3. The Truth Is In Here 5:12

4. Unnatural Selection 7:15

5. River of Time 4:24

6. E=MC2 5:50

7. The Sixth Extinction 12:18
(a) Echoes on the Wind
(b) Radioactive Grave
(c) 2085
(d) To the Planet of Red
(e) Spirit on the Wind
(f) Complete the Circle
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:37 pm

Seems like a must have!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:41 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Seems like a must have!
Yup. The artwork appears to be a mix of The Dream Sequencer and The Human Equation, which makes me wonder if this will be another Universal Migrator album. It also makes me wonder if the end of The Human Equation really made that album a Universal Migrator album, or was it just something cool for the fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:17 am

I hate being on call. It keeps me wide awake all night long! Anyway, here's the video for Avantasia's "Lost In Space."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26SlmROH5Q

And a clip of Promised Land (feat. Jorn Lande and Michael Kiske) (mp3 clip).

Did I post this already? surprised
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:06 am

I like the new Avantasia track. It sounds decent - hopefully there will be some metal moments on the album though. One thing I always liked about Avantasia was they got the balance between metal and more pop-y stuff just right.

Anyway, the album art has been released. Hopefully noone else ahs posted this or I'll look the proverbial tit;
Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Thumbphpzs0

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:50 pm

Smindas wrote:
I like the new Avantasia track. It sounds decent - hopefully there will be some metal moments on the album though. One thing I always liked about Avantasia was they got the balance between metal and more pop-y stuff just right.
The clip of "Promised Land" is fast and heavy. I've always found it funny that people view Avantasia as this epic, speedy power metal band. They have quite a few slow, mellow, and poppy songs. I think it'll be a great mix, but expect a lot of people to slam the songs that sound like anything from Rocket Ride (see "Lost in Space").

Quote :
Anyway, the album art has been released. Hopefully noone else ahs posted this or I'll look the proverbial tit
Tits are cool, bro. And no one posted the cover before, so you're good. A hero even! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I think it'll be a great mix, but expect a lot of people to slam the songs that sound like anything from Rocket Ride (see "Lost in Space").
Already saw that happen over at Blabbertrash. It's ridiculous - because it isn't heavy, it isn't good? Get lost. And I agree, Avantasia shouldn't be regarded as solely a speedy heavy band when some of their best tracks are ballads. Sometimes you've just got to crank up cuts like 'Inside'.

Eyesore wrote:
Tits are cool, bro. And no one posted the cover before, so you're good. A hero even! 🤘
Yes, of course tits are cool. But it's also one of our crazy British coloquialisms. Think of it as a synonym for 'idiot'. Having said that, I will now savour the title of hero.

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:05 pm

Smindas wrote:
Yes, of course tits are cool. But it's also one of our crazy British coloquialisms. Think of it as a synonym for 'idiot'. Having said that, I will now savour the title of hero.
Haha. And don't worry, after living there for four years I now say "wicked" all the time. Not a new word for us New Englanders, but we don't use it as "cool," you know. We say stuff like "It's wicked cold out!" So when I say "wicked," people look at me weird. Haha.

Also, unfortunately, from living there I formed a habit of calling people "cunts." That word is a no-no here. You call a dude a Sailboat and every woman within 50 miles will want to murder you. Haha.

EDIT: Sailboat? Haha. Nice censorship. lol!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:07 pm

Seriously? I mean, 'cunt' is technically the worst word you can use here, but it can easily be made hilariously jovial... although it'll always retain an overly blunt and cutting edge. Perhaps that's where the humour derives from. If I go to America again, I'll have to make a note to avoid that word.

I don't find myself saying 'wicked' all that much. I used to when I was younger, but it's dropped out of my vocabulary. Probably been replaced with 'safe' ;P

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:06 am

Eyesore wrote:
http://uploaded.to/?id=eo350m

Found a link to the song "Lost In Space." First off, it's a great song. Secondly, people are going to hear this and be disappointed that's it "not Avantasia." Well, Avantasia don't have all fast songs on the other two albums. This definitely has a Rocket Ride feel.

Two things we need to remember:

1. This is a single, meant to attract listeners, so they choose the most radio-friendly of the lot.

2. It's the final song on the album. Many albums end on a soft note.

Either way, it's a solid song, but it's definitely going to draw some detractors that'll immediately declare that Tobias has lost it, and they simply talk smurf poo from there on out. So expect it.

It is official, that song is a favortite of mine. I listened to it at work last night and had to listen to it again when it was over. Then when my playlist came to an end, I had a little more time so I listened to it again. The last time I wanted to hear one song that many times in one day was Nightwish-Sleeping Sun three years ago. If there is more music like that on Rocket Ride, then I MUST get it. I would love to find a band who has songs in that style for a whole album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 11:09 am

The EPs are excellent. Eight exclusive tracks; four covers and four originals (possibly five, but someone said one of them will be on Scarecrow), though one is a short instrumental. Then there's a piano version of "Lost In Space," which is great. I still only have the download, but there's also some videos and such, too.

But according to some turd on the forum at metalreviews.com, these EPs are a scam. Haha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:39 pm

Teaser trailer:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=22873436

I'm really looking forward to this album!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500   Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ayreon's New Album...and Metal Epics for $500
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next