Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

De-Flowering

Go down 
+23
Dark Horseman
SpectreFate
Red Kitty
Witchfinder
jstate
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
James B.
Thrasher73
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Citanul
bassman
thejokeriv
manny
stormspell
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
Eyesore
mc666
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

De-Flowering - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:09 am

For my 6th birthday (belated) I got 3 albums from my ol man. (summer of 71') A Batman story album, which was a jacket w/ book binded to front. Commandr Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen-Hot Licks, Cold Steel, and Other Trucker favorites, and Allman Brothers Band-At Fillmore East. I still have em all too. Afterwards, I was kicked down alot of vinyl from the neighborhood, family, and dudes whiffing around my older sisters.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:19 am

The first one I can remember being mine-all-mine was this...

De-Flowering - Page 2 220px-Chipmunk_Punk_Cover

The first real rock album I think was this...
De-Flowering - Page 2 Huey_Lewis_%26_the_News_-_Picture_This

Or possibly Sports. But it was definately a Huey Lewis album.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 am

My very first would be Fun Rock a compilation tape my mom got me when I was a kid (can't remember exactly-probably 7-8 years old). These were just some of the songs on it:

Johhny Cash-Boy Named Sue
Bobby Darin-Splish Splash
Jimmy Soul-If You Want To Be Happy
Sheb Wooly-Purple People Eater
Spike Jones-Hello Mother, Hello Father
Napoleon XIV-They're Coming To Take Me Away
Archies-Sugar Sugar
The Coasters-Yakety Yak
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 am

Two K-Tel records. One was metal (Ozzy and Krokus were on it which lead to my first two proper albums) and the other was a breakdance record (which was the first rap I heard).
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 am

Def Leppard - Pyromania vinyl - Got it in '83 and I still have it.

That was the first thing I purchased with my own money. Before that, I was given a Peter and The Wolf vinyl (which I still have) and Zubin Mehta Conducts Suites from Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind (I don't know what happened to this one.) My mom is a pianist and my parents had a pretty large music collection and it was all classical or swing. My mom still has that entire collection.

As an aside, because my mom was a musician, she encouraged my love of music and didn't rag on my about my heavy metal. Usually, she would just walk into my room when I was listening to something and tell me what classical piece it was stolen from. Ha!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:05 am

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
One thing I've noticed over the years is that I seem to have started with music earlier than most people I know. The first full-length album I remember playing over and over was The Doobie Brothers "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" which my Mother purchased in 1974 when I was 4 years old. Maybe it was an "only-child" thing, no siblings to play with, so I discovered listening to music, reading and watching old movies on TV to keep myself entertained.
"I'm not an elitist!" —S.D. lol!

Ha ha. I was just noting a difference, in no way did I intend to say my experience was superior to anyone else.
Just busting your balls. Razz
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:26 am

Kiss - Destroyer on vinyl
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 am

My brother's first ever cassette (for his 10th birthday) was Dolly Parton's 9 to 5 and Other Stories, followed soon afterwards by Loverboy's Get Lucky.

Since he's grown up to be Mr. Tr00 Grimm Kvlt Nothin' But Underground Death Metal Guy, he hates it when I remind him of those. Laughing very hard

That said, ole Dolly rocked a pretty decent version of "House of the Rising Sun" on that tape if I remember correctly.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 am

De-Flowering - Page 2 31Ks6iW7MsL._SL500_AA300_
De-Flowering - Page 2 Kowf
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:43 am

DB-We had that record, i'd listen to Boy Named Sue repeatedly.
First albums were Pat Benatar's Crimes of Passion and Styx Pieces of Eight before I moved into stuff like Maiden and Saxon.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Def Leppard - Hysteria.

I believe this was mine also but on cassette

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:42 pm

AHHAHA well for me I got Roger Miller "Chug-a-Lug" on a 45 record. My grandparents owned a bar and it was given to me straight from the old 60's jukebox.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Lurideath wrote:
AHHAHA well for me I got Roger Miller "Chug-a-Lug" on a 45 record. My grandparents owned a bar and it was given to me straight from the old 60's jukebox.

cool story

We had jukeboxes in the living room and out in the garage when I was a pup that had been "confiscated" from local biker dives. That is where I first heard "old school" country/western music and Motown stuff.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm not 100 percent sure on which one was first, but my dad gave me a few of his old cassettes when I was around 10 or 11. There was Loudness' Thunder in the East, Kick Axe's Vices, Aerosmith's Gems, and Judas Priest's Ram it Down.

The first CD I bought with my own money, though, was Maiden's Number of the Beast somewhere about that same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Nothing wrong with that, Roger Miller is awesome.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:15 pm

My first dubbed cassette was a copy of Stryper's To Hell With The Devil. My first ever purchased cassette was Petra's Beyond Belief. I bought it in 8th grade with my paper route money.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

De-Flowering
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: