Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

De-Flowering

Go down 
+23
Dark Horseman
SpectreFate
Red Kitty
Witchfinder
jstate
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
James B.
Thrasher73
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Citanul
bassman
thejokeriv
manny
stormspell
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
Eyesore
mc666
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 am

this really does not fit into any other forum. So, metal or not - what was the VERY FIRST tape, record, or cd that you ever owned? What was the VERY FIRST album of any kind of media that was ever YOURS and YOURS ONLY? Not your daddy's vinyl. Not your brothers Kiss tapes. Not Cousin Earl's Bang Tango cd. The one that was ALL YOURS [for whatever reason].

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:10 am

Uncle Sax: 1981 - Blues Brothers - Breifcase Full of Blues and Rolling Stones - Tattoo You for my 12th b-day. Both vinyl. I had shoplifted AC/DC - Dirty Deeds on vinyl and Billy Thorpe - Children of the Sun on 8-track [oof-da!] before that. But I would not consider those "mine". Also swiped Hellcats - Hellcats cassette from Woolworths not long after that and it is still one of my all-time favorite albums.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:19 am

Slayer - Hell Awaits. it was given to me by my sisters boyfriend when i was like 7 or 8. i still have that same vinyl copy. up till then, all my music came from my parent's collections & what i could sneak out of my sister's room.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:20 am

Def Leppard - Hysteria.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 am

MC and Eyesore. Nothing more needs to be said there.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 am

Except, Ken - Cassette or cd?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:38 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Except, Ken - Cassette or cd?
CD, actually. And I still own it. Scratched to hell, but it still plays. They don't make 'em like they used to.
Back to top Go down

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:22 am

Boston - Boston
De-Flowering A654e03ae7a0769e61af0210.L._AA300_

I got my first record player for my 6th birthday in 1976 (August 5th). About a week later my Mother took me to a small record store in Shepherdstown, WV and told me to pick out something. The debut Boston album came out that week (on August 9th) and the LP cover of the spaceship guitar was just too enticing for me to pass up. Probably one of the best blind purchases I ever made.

Last edited by S.D. on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:40 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:25 am

I think it was Hall and Oats - Big Bam Boom (on cassette) in '84.

It was the era of MTV videos and dance music hits.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:49 am

You said album so I'll say it was a Hendrix-Smash Hits cassette, one of those Warner Bros. black plastic tapes squeezed into a black plastic cover that looked like an 8-track case with a pasted on label, anybody remember those?

technically though my first was actually an Osmonds 45 (doh).
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:18 am

DEF LEPPARD - Pyromania / RATT - Out of the Cellar TDK C90 tape a classmate dubbed for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:27 am

Toho - Whatever you actually OWNED as your own. But I do remember those anti-theft cassette cases. Really never stopped anyone [especially at Daytons dt. And I KNOW you wandered through Daytons dt more than a few times...].

Stormy - hell yes. Anything dubbed totally counts! 90% of my collection came on cassettes from prison penpals back in the day. I got the original Zoetrope demo and S.O.D. from a guy named Larry Frey from a prison in Iowa. Without him - there would be no Uncle Saxon [stop it....STOP IT....Skip, We love you!].
Back to top Go down

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 am

One thing I've noticed over the years is that I seem to have started with music earlier than most people I know. The first full-length album I remember playing over and over was The Doobie Brothers "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" which my Mother purchased in 1974 when I was 4 years old. Maybe it was an "only-child" thing, no siblings to play with, so I discovered listening to music, reading and watching old movies on TV to keep myself entertained.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:55 am

S.D. wrote:
One thing I've noticed over the years is that I seem to have started with music earlier than most people I know. The first full-length album I remember playing over and over was The Doobie Brothers "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" which my Mother purchased in 1974 when I was 4 years old. Maybe it was an "only-child" thing, no siblings to play with, so I discovered listening to music, reading and watching old movies on TV to keep myself entertained.
"I'm not an elitist!" —S.D. lol!
Back to top Go down

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
"I'm not an elitist!" —S.D. lol!

Ha ha. I was just noting a difference, in no way did I intend to say my experience was superior to anyone else.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 5:14 am

Easy one for me, AC/DC " If You Want Blood" loved it
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 7:39 am

KISS - Destroyer
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 7:44 am

First one that was really mine was Petra's Never Say Die........I think I was 11.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 7:47 am

And now for something completely different - my first album was Erasure's Chorus on cassette.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 7:57 am

mc666 wrote:
Slayer - Hell Awaits. it was given to me by my sisters boyfriend when i was like 7 or 8. i still have that same vinyl copy. up till then, all my music came from my parent's collections & what i could sneak out of my sister's room.

Much as I love it, who gives Hell Awaits to a 7 year old?!!!!! I would have never slept again if I'd heard that record at that age!

Mine was Priest Livin after Midnight 7" ex jukebox copy, about 30p from the local newsagents, I was nine I think.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 am

The 1978 Ace Frehley solo album on vinyl. A 10th birthday gift from my parents.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 am

Boris2008 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Much as I love it, who gives Hell Awaits to a 7 year old?!!!!! I would have never slept again if I'd heard that record at that age!
a guy who wanted to make out with my sister, who i kept interrupting. i was already into the Misfits at that point because of my sister, so Slayer didn't scare me.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 am

First one that was mine, all mine - AC/DC's Let There Be Rock on cassette. Got it for Christmas in 1981.

Prior to that my brother and I co-owned Chipmunk Punk and some other assorted kid-record nonsense.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 am

First cassette:
De-Flowering John-schneider-now-or-never-1981_40664

First 45:
De-Flowering $(KGrHqQOKjQE4ngyZefsBOQZewT,kQ~~_35

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 am

AC/DC-Back In Black on 8-track
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

De-Flowering Empty
PostSubject: Re: De-Flowering   De-Flowering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

De-Flowering
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: