Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winters Bane - Redivivus

Go down 
+11
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
sovdat
Olafsto
romeolimagolf
Thrasher73
kmorg
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Just a heads up...

This cd is now being offered on CDBaby.com as part of their Buy 3 @ $5 deal. It regularly sells for $13 bucks. I have no idea how long this offer will last, but I just placed an order yesterday, along with some other tasty picks, so you might want to jump on this quick if you're still looking for a copy.

I got this bad boy for $5 from CDBaby last week. Hella deal!

It's actually my SECOND copy of the disc, as my first one got destroyed when it fell out of my car a few weeks back and got blown across a rainy parking lot by the wind!! By the time I caught up with it the disc was totally wrecked...

But anyway, it's a killer album. Definitely worth more than $5.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:10 pm

Impressive release! Classic Metal with a modern day feel and surpsingly good material overall. St Paul is such an underrated guitarist.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Does anyone like this album more than "Heart of a Killer"?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:51 pm

I did. It seemed to cruise along at a better pace. However, I can see Heart of a Killer appealing to the fans of a more traditional metal sound.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:58 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Mmm... nope. I like REDIVIVUS but dig H.O.A.K. more. Probably because H.O.A.K. was the first Winters Bane I heard.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:45 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

They are not really that compareable, imo. 'Heart Of A Killer' will always be my favorite, and they will never come close to it again. 'Redivvus' is a more "modern" power metal album.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:16 pm

OK, just wondering what people's thoughts were.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Listening to HOAK again today ... man this is a great disc and Owens never sounded better IMHO ....

It would be awesome for Owens and St. Paul to get together and continue the Judge Cohagen story.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 12:41 pm

winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Winters-Bane

I just bought this. Redivivus is excellent. I got the version pictured above with the bonus demo tracks.

I knew I'd like the singer, as I'm a fan of Powergod as well. Music is heavy and aggressive, with just enough of that traditional sound. Straight forward, fun.

This is my second Winters Bane album and this is very different from Heart of a Killer. Both very worthy records. Now I might have to look into their other releases...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 2:32 pm

Thanks Lari for reviving such an old thread!

I own this album, along with Heart Of A Killer but i haven't spinned any of them in years. Will do so tomorrow in the car.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 2:24 am

This is a great album! I still like Heart of a Killer a little better but the vocals and riffs on Redivivus are excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winters Bane - Redivivus   winters bane - Winters Bane - Redivivus - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winters Bane - Redivivus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2