Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gonna Sell my COLLECTION

Go down 
+19
exact33
Todd Jaymz
kmorg
Chairman_Smith
Smindas
Thrasher73
ghost
ensiferum2k
mc666
spiritoradio
SideShowDisaSter
T-Roy
sovdat
Shiney
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
krokus
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:51 am

Locky, I'd like the list as well Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:02 am

I'd like the list as well Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:08 am

As much as I want some of your CDs, bro, I gotta say it: Are you sure you want to do this? I sold off CDs when I joined the Air Force and regretted it. At the time, I said the same thing you said: "When was the last time I listened to [insert album]?" I needed space, living in dorm rooms with another dude is tight living quarters, and I justified selling things off by telling myself I hadn't listened to them in a long time, thus I must not need them.

WRONG!

Of course, none of us truly need them, at least not to survive, we simply desire them. So what's going to happen next year when you want to pull out that Cannibal Corpse album? Can you settle for a download? Or will you head out to the store and re-buy it? I've re-bought countless CDs since my early days in the Air Force. I should have just stuck them all in boxes and stored them up somewhere.

Anyway, not trying to ruin anyone's chances here, but this is a serious issue at hand! Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
As much as I want some of your CDs, bro, I gotta say it: Are you sure you want to do this? I sold off CDs when I joined the Air Force and regretted it. At the time, I said the same thing you said: "When was the last time I listened to [insert album]?" I needed space, living in dorm rooms with another dude is tight living quarters, and I justified selling things off by telling myself I hadn't listened to them in a long time, thus I must not need them.

WRONG!

Of course, none of us truly need them, at least not to survive, we simply desire them. So what's going to happen next year when you want to pull out that Cannibal Corpse album? Can you settle for a download? Or will you head out to the store and re-buy it? I've re-bought countless CDs since my early days in the Air Force. I should have just stuck them all in boxes and stored them up somewhere.

Anyway, not trying to ruin anyone's chances here, but this is a serious issue at hand! Haha.

These are definitely true words....

On the other hand.... When I take my own collecting into account.... I roughly get/buy/trade 300 to 700 cds/lps a year. If I keep doing so for the coming years I'll definitely get my ass kicked by my fiancee (who actually doesn't mind me collecting as much as I do) because we will run out of space in our house. I will definitely offload some of my collection as well in the coming years.... and if it's for a good reason.... well I guess everyone will think it over for like a million times before they start selling off stuff....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:27 am

I wouldnt mind taking a glance at it to see if you have any rarities that I'm looking for.
Also Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:39 am

I too would like to see the list, as I'm sure there's something I'd want on it. However, I'm inclined to agree with Eyesore - you sure you want to do this?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:05 am

I'll look at the list as well.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:14 pm

I'd make you a MOD on this board for free. I only need to get a hold of your Savatage collection first......

Very Happy

oh, ok, a list will be fine then.....

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:58 pm

Will people stop saying congrats on the wedding, It's a Car I want more than the woman, imahine the hours of fun I can have with it and there's no answering back. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Eyesore had the list from a while ago as he was helping me to fill in the gaps in the collection, but that was it, I didn't send it to hm to have a look at first as I only decided to sell up in the past couple of days.

NOBODY gets the list, the CDs will be posted up here first for you guys to see (Maybe next weekend, I transferred money from the paypal account to my bank account and I need to give this a few days to see if it works), I think it is fairer to list them all for you guys at once rather than letting one or two people see the list first and take what they want.

I was thinking of posting the list and people replying to the thread (NOT through PM) so it will be timed in the thread as a first come first served. As I've said you guys will be the first to see the list, I have not mentioned this on any of the site I occasionaly log on to.

In answer to you Eyesore as to wheither I really want to do this ...... Yea, when I was younger I let CDs go that I regretted but I only regretted doing so when I started collecting them, as you know this can be an expensive job (esp the way I bid on ebay) I'm now 31 so I think I can handle it alright plus life moves on, as for Cannibal Corpse, I couldn't listen to any of their stuff if my life depended on it, to me there is alot of Shite in my collection but it's Shite that others enjoy. I'm gonna keep the stuff that I enjoy.

mc666 may I ask what payment options may be of use to me also ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:01 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'd make you a MOD on this board for free. I only need to get a hold of your Savatage collection first......

Very Happy

oh, ok, a list will be fine then.....

Will I have the power to Ban and de-Mod people ? 🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:19 pm

I have an idea in light of all the interest your purging is creating.

To be totally fair - which I think is very noble! - why not let us know when the list will be posted so we can make plans? That way we can all gather at the same time and be reading the list together. For instance - you can say Sept 4 at such and such a time I will post my "list"...of course taking into consideration that 1:00 PM in Europe my not be a great time 'across the pond' and the reverse being true as well.

It's an idea that just might work...Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:24 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I have an idea in light of all the interest your purging is creating.

To be totally fair - which I think is very noble! - why not let us know when the list will be posted so we can make plans? That way we can all gather at the same time and be reading the list together. For instance - you can say Sept 4 at such and such a time I will post my "list"...of course taking into consideration that 1:00 PM in Europe my not be a great time 'across the pond' and the reverse being true as well.

It's an idea that just might work...Smile

Great minds eh ? well ahead of you there my man, that's what I was thinking too, it would not suit everone due to time differences but there should be something for everyone.

Don't forget, If I list that amount of CDs not everyone is gonna be able to get what they want due to price etc.... yu might like 20 of them but you maybe only able to afford 5 of them, it will be strange to see.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:41 pm

Don't do it, sell an organ, sperm, blood, plazma anything haha!!-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:56 pm

I want a list too please.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 7:10 pm

LOL @ TJ!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:07 pm

but i need that debbie gibson cd to complete my collection!!!

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:14 pm

exact33 wrote:
but i need that debbie gibson cd to complete my collection!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:40 am

list me, plz!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 12:10 pm

THERE WILL BE NO LIST SENT TO ANYONE. People, read the man's posts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:24 pm

AchrisK wrote:
THERE WILL BE NO LIST SENT TO ANYONE. People, read the man's posts.

Thank you humble
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:36 pm

I anxiously await for your list to be posted here!

Until then I'll keep drooling! Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 19976

Wargod48

NP: Abagail's Ghost - Selling Insincerity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:45 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I anxiously await for your list to be posted here!

Until then I'll keep drooling! Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 19976

You'll have most of it I'd imagine. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 3:02 pm

Quote :
You'll have most of it I'd imagine.

I doubt that but still want to see your list!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 5:08 pm

Well I've sorted out what I want to keep and there's 2,471 CDs that are going to be let go (there is more to be added to this amount as I'm awaiting CDs in trades and from Ebay that I won't be keeping), there is also Demo Cassettes & DVDs to be added. I'm keeping approx 560 CDs (not included in the number above).

Boxsets and the like will be added to ebay in the coming time, they won't add to 100 items, The rarer CDs like Toxic, Sabbat, Pricekillers CDs etc... will also be Ebayed as I don't think there's any point putting them up here (maybe I'm wrong ?)
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 5:14 pm

Are you getting rid of any sleaze/glam/hair metal....

...um....a friend of mine wants to know Smile

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Sell my COLLECTION   Gonna Sell my COLLECTION - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gonna Sell my COLLECTION
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next