Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EX Christian here

Go down 
+13
kmorg
nevermore
GrandNational
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
manny
bassman
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
exact33
tohostudios
James B.
Zze
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zze
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:16 pm

I still enjoy White Metal, but I lost faith in the bible. I moved to another religion and I am so happy to listen to my "secular" metal without guilt. I have nothing against Christians but I still think churches are a hostile place to rock and metal. Just check out the comments of Christians about the CD Stryper made of secular covers in 2011 , the reaction was the worst possible, there where people saying Stryper was not really Christian , others saying they where lukewarms , I believe Rock can be combined with religion , but Christianity is certainly not the best choice. Christians are too closed minded and conservative to use rock. thats it

EX Christian here 754598
Back to top Go down

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Moved this topic to Unsound Mind because it's not really a music topic....and don't be surprised if this subject matter turns ugly really fast.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:00 pm

You had a bad experience and I have had an exceptional one. Life goes on, oh well. In my experience, when religion became involved it was a mess. There is no freedom in that stuff. When I figured out it was more about a personal relationship with my Creator and Savior, well the guilt trips, self condemnation and being judgemental of others seemed to not matter anymore. Life is hard enough living my own life than worry about what others do and/or say.

There is truth in what you said about judgemental and self-righteous persons in the Christian faith. That can be said about any other form of organized religion on our planet. It doesn't apply to all Christians and it is basically painting a picture with a pretty broad brush stroke.

Come to my house and you'll hear worship music and Slayer all in a day's listening. No guilt here. Like I said, sorry bout your bad experience. Hope you fair better in your current search for whatever it is you are looking for.

As far as Christianity using rock, I played in Christian metal bands in the 80's and from 1991 till 2010, I was in a music ministry that played various styles of hard rock at multiple prison facilities around California, Nevada, and Arizona. At first glance, it seems this thread is merely bait to start a bunch of crap. Maybe I am mistaken, that wouldn't be the first time either.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:03 pm

James B. wrote:
You had a bad experience and I have had an exceptional one. Life goes on, oh well. In my experience, when religion became involved it was a mess. There is no freedom in that stuff. When I figured out it was more about a personal relationship with my Creator and Savior, well the guilt trips, self condemnation and being judgemental of others seemed to not matter anymore. Life is hard enough living my own life than worry about what others do and/or say.

There is truth in what you said about judgemental and self-righteous persons in the Christian faith. That can be said about any other form of organized religion on our planet. It doesn't apply to all Christians and it is basically painting a picture with a pretty broad brush stroke.

Come to my house and you'll hear worship music and Slayer all in a day's listening. No guilt here. Like I said, sorry bout your bad experience. Hope you fair better in your current search for whatever it is you are looking for.

As far as Christianity using rock, I played in Christian metal bands in the 80's and from 1991 till 2010, I was in a music ministry that played various styles of hard rock at multiple prison facilities around California, Nevada, and Arizona. At first glance, it seems this thread is merely bait to start a bunch of crap. Maybe I am mistaken, that wouldn't be the first time either.

Well said sir! I too have experienced the judgemental attitude the original poster speaks about. I think this is the key point:

Quote :

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Zze wrote:
Christians are too closed minded and conservative to use rock. thats it

stereotype much?

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:59 am

I've had it from both sides but man, have you even heard any Islamic metal? headbanger
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Why would someone come to a predominantly Christian metal board and post this? I mean other than blatant trolling?

I am not a Christian but I don't find anyone here judgmental at all. In fact, they are very tolerant of My crap! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Why would someone come to a predominantly Christian metal board and post this? I mean other than blatant trolling?

I am not a Christian but I don't find anyone here judgmental at all. In fact, they are very tolerant of My crap! Very Happy

how did we let you slip through the cracks?? Razz

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:42 pm

Sorry you had a bad experience...........my church is full of metalheads....I play bass and guitar in our band, and a couple of our drummers have been known to throw some double bass in on Sundays. Sounds like you just got mixed with the wrong crowd......
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 1:28 pm

I have had many negative experiences with churches but the good book says 'By their fruits you shall know them' and I am not going to judge an entire group of people's religious convictions because I do not happen to share them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Ummmmm....okayyyy... surprised

To say that "Christians are too closed minded and conservative to use rock" is a totally elitist statement. And that's coming from a guy who mainly goes to Church when someone gets married or someone dies.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, so those of you who know the words, sing along!!

I don't care if a metal band worships God, Satan, Captain Kirk or the pink Teletubby. If they're a good band, they're a good band. If they suck, they suck. Most, if not all, of the folks 'round here feel the same way.

Soooo.... if you want to talk metal with a group of cool people, regardless of their religious orientation, welcome. Feel free to stick around.

However, if you're here to poke people with sticks and start crap, rest assured that you will be shown the door.

...and oh yeah, Merry Christmas. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Quote :
However, if you're here to poke people with sticks and start crap, rest assured that you will be shown the door.
Yeah, FF don't like competition.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :
Yeah, FF don't like competition.

EX Christian here 19976

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 7:48 pm

EX Christian here 288219
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

I'm thinking troll as he has yet to reply to the comments here and the only other post I saw from that person had him stating his ex-Christian status.

Or her, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Zze wrote:
I still enjoy White Metal, but I lost faith in the bible. I moved to another religion and I am so happy to listen to my "secular" metal without guilt.

Father John Romanides so clearly diagnosed religion as a neurobiological illness in need of a cure. He was right on point.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:21 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I'm thinking troll as he has yet to reply to the comments here and the only other post I saw from that person had him stating his ex-Christian status.

Or her, I'm not sure.

At first I thought this was an honest post worthy of a response. Since the original poster hasn't deigned to grace us with a response in this thread after several days, I'm now leaning toward troll status on this person.

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:40 pm

He asked for his account to be deactivated so he won't be returning.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:46 pm

(Sad trombone noise) He'll be missed.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:42 pm

S.D. wrote:

at least under that name surprised

The King
exact33

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:42 pm

S.D. wrote:

man - someone else i cannot be intolerant to. Doh!!

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:32 pm

exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

how did we let you slip through the cracks?? Razz

lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:43 am

FYI, Zze used to be s regular poster here, and don't think English was his first language.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 6:58 am

Ive seen that name before, but still to post something like that is just asking for a fight. I remember him from the CMR when I used to go there.

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 7:35 am

A lot of bands made their careers from either proclaiming or bashing Christianity. From Slayer to Stryper... Whether for it or against it... Religion is a big topic in metal.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EX Christian here Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EX Christian here
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next