Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do You Remember?

Go down 
+13
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
Thrasher73
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
DallasBlack
mc666
Troublezone
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Do You Remember? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Quote :
Without it I might have become one of those white people who feel they should have been born black. Instead of wearing band shirts, leather jackets, and long hair; I might of had pants hanging past my ass, oversized sport jersey, a douchebag haircut, and be butchering the English language

...and your screen name would be "DallasBonics." Very Happy

But seriously: with age supposedly comes wisdom, and when I look back at my 'tude about Metallica (and metal in general) back then (i.e. that it was supposed to be a super secret Scooby gang open only to the tr00-est, grimm-est, und kvlt-est metal nerds) I realize that it was kinda stupid. I should've been welcoming these new headbangers into the fold but instead I was holding up a big "STOP" sign like "You can't come in here! This was not meant for you!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Without it I might have become one of those white people who feel they should have been born black. Instead of wearing band shirts, leather jackets, and long hair; I might of had pants hanging past my ass, oversized sport jersey, a douchebag haircut, and be butchering the English language

...and your screen name would be "DallasBonics." Very Happy

On the bright side, I could end up being a fan of Geoff Tate's Queensryche. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

On the bright side, I could end up being a fan of Geoff Tate's Queensryche. lol!

Word up dawg. Breakin' tha Silence 'n' all that Oppa-ration Mindcriminal shiz. Daaaaaaamn holmes, it's tha sheeeeeit. Fo shizzle.

...or something like that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:41 pm

George Carlin said it best.

"...and white guys, you are NEVER going to be as cool as black guys. Sorry. You're white and you're lame."

lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:43 pm

S.D. wrote:

"...and white guys, you are NEVER going to be as cool as black guys. Sorry. You're white and you're lame."

lol!

unless you're Geoff Tate of course.

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:47 pm

James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:

lol!

unless you're Geoff Tate of course.

It sounds like Geoff Tate needs to watch that routine and learn from it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:52 pm

S.D. wrote:

I still have a few George Carlin albums, great stuff

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:22 pm

James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I still have a few George Carlin albums, great stuff

George was my hero, I'm still saddened that he's no longer with us.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Helmet was (is? are they even still around?) a cool band.

Yep - they are still around. Saw them at SleazeFest in Chicago a couple of years ago. Paige is one of the most underrated guitarists ever. And loud? I thought the club was going to begin crumbling. That show actually took away a little bit of intensity from the Saxon show the next night.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:36 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yep - they are still around. Saw them at SleazeFest in Chicago a couple of years ago. Paige is one of the most underrated guitarists ever. And loud? I thought the club was going to begin crumbling. That show actually took away a little bit of intensity from the Saxon show the next night.

Cool. Yeah, last I'd heard of them was a few years ago (early '00s maybe?) when Frank Bello from Anthrax joined'em for a short stint on bass.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I saw them around the time of the 'Betty' album and it was loudest band I had heard in the club, it was incredibly loud
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:00 pm

I remember exactly where/when/location I was when I heard Cliff Died.
I remember exactly where/when/location I was when I heard Paul Hackman was taken before his time.
how incredibly random..unless maybe if you were canadian or something, but yeah, those are mine that stick with me the most, too. Shocked
ultmetal wrote:
Drugs can mess with your mind and make you chemically unbalanced. I had a very close friend who was taking heavy pain medication for his back. He swore the medication was making him lose his mind. He told the doctors and he told me so. Apparently the doctors didn't believe him and kept him on those drugs. He tried to get off the medication by cutting it out, cold turkey. He ended up shooting his beloved dogs, his wife and himself. Do I think he's a coward? No. I think he made a very poor choice getting off that medication without weening himself. I knew him well and that was not type of person he was. Rather it was his brain's reaction to the lack of chemicals it was craving that cause the murder/suicide. It pains me to this day whenever I think about it. That situation made me change my attitude about Cobain's suicide as well.
great post. glad you pointed this (possibility) out.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:11 pm

I remember my brother was listening to it and I wondwred what it was. A buddy of mine bought the album and I liked it and still do. But I think too much is said about the band. They really weren't that influential or great. Sure they opened a lot of doors for some underground bands, but blaming them for killing metal in the US? I don't think so, that was on its way out around 1990. Of course the best thing to come from Nirvana is the Foo Fighters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Remember?   Do You Remember? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do You Remember?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2