Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Empty
PostSubject: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 11:17 am

I dunno, but I think Scott singing Painkiller would sound killer!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:09 pm

Would be cool, but it's already been done several times. Death probably has the ultimate cover of that song. Ever heard it?

We've talked about covering "Creeping Death" (Metallica) and "Heavy Metal Machine" (Riot). We were at one time working on covers of "No Time" (Deliverance) and "Write a Letter" (Accept) but have not persued them.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Would be cool, but it's already been done several times. Death probably has the ultimate cover of that song. Ever heard it?

We've talked about covering "Creeping Death" (Metallica) and "Heavy Metal Machine" (Riot). We were at one time working on covers of "No Time" (Deliverance) and "Write a Letter" (Accept) but have not persued them.

At the risk of commiting blasphemy I actually like the Death version better.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:03 pm

I think the Death version annihilates! Killer cover of a killer song!

I've also thrown around the idea of covering Overkill's In Union We Stand. I think that would be a perfect song for Ultimatum to cover.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:37 pm

I definitely vote for Accept cover (you meant Losers and Winners??)!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:51 pm

sovdat wrote:
I definitely vote for Accept cover (you meant Losers and Winners??)!

Yup. That's it.

We were asked to record a song for an Accept tribute for Dwell Records but it never happened as the label folded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:07 pm

My opinion is that "Flash Rockin' Man" would be a good Accept cover. However, I would like to hear Ultimatum cover "Watch The Children Pray". I think that your voice would be well suited for a David Wayne song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:03 pm

I still vote for Denim and Leather.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I think the Death version annihilates! Killer cover of a killer song!

I've also thrown around the idea of covering Overkill's In Union We Stand. I think that would be a perfect song for Ultimatum to cover.

Heck yes! "In Union We Stand" would be a GREAT tune to cover! DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 11:06 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Hey I know that one. I used to play it in cover bands. Along with Heavy Metal Thunder and Princess Of The Night.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:58 am

a creeping death cover would be cool as would a painkiller cover as it one of the all time heavy metal greats. the death cover of it is really good as scott says
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:18 am

brontotex wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

Hey I know that one. I used to play it in cover bands. Along with Heavy Metal Thunder and Princess Of The Night.

Denim & Leather would be a blast to record. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover   Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painkiller - Perhaps you guys should do a cover
Page 1 of 1