Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident

Go down 
+11
jstate
James B.
DevZor
nevermore
EmoElmo
Leatherface
Eyesore
ultmetal
mc666
Required Fields
metalhead777
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Empty
PostSubject: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Wasn't a fan myself, but my heart goes out to the other band members, as well as the fans.
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/music/Suicide+Silence+frontman+Mitch+Lucker+dies+motorcycle/7484108/story.html

From their official Facebook page:
"There's no easy way to say this. Mitch passed away earlier this morning from injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident. This is completely devastating to all of us and we offer our deepest condolences to his family. He will be forever in our hearts.

R.I.P. Mitchell Adam Lucker - We Love You Brother"
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 am

I heard about this on Facebook this afternoon during my break at work.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 am

sad

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 am

That sucks. So very sad to hear.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 am

Total bummer. =(

Motorcycles are so dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 5:30 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 6:55 am

RIP

Glad I sold my motorcycle after dislocating my hip 3 yrs ago, they are literally coffins with wheels

Never buy motorcycles folks or youll be sorry
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 6:59 am

EmoElmo wrote:
RIP

Glad I sold my motorcycle after dislocating my hip 3 yrs ago, they are literally coffins with wheels

i've had one for going on 10 years. i love them.

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:09 am

from his Twitter page, looks like a reckless mofo

Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident ?size=l

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:19 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
RIP

Seriously, my father in law worries me sick with the fact he doesn't wear a helmet. Says he'll probably die one a motorcycle, so he just accepts it.
i don't get people and their seemingly innate desire to risk their lives on stupid things.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Sad news.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 6:39 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
from his Twitter page, looks like a reckless mofo

Other than your obvious disposition that motorcycles are in themselves dangerous, what about that photo seems extreme enough to call the guy particularly reckless?

I've only been riding for a short while, and I know for a fact it is a dangerous activity. However, the very fact that there is the element of danger and frailty is what makes riding so special and exhilarating. It's an element of my life that has enriched me personally the same way that time alone in the mountains does for me. If I make a mistake out there, get stuck or break a limb, it could very well be life threatening. Whenever engaging in such an activity I make steps and preparations to protect myself as much as I can, but it is still dangerous, and that element sweetens the experience and adds character to the soul. Yes there are reckless people who take this stuff too far or way too lightly, but that doesn't diminish the rewards of the activity itself.

I can't image living my life in a safe little bubble. But hey if it works for you and you're happy that's cool, everybody has there own values system and ways of viewing the pros/cons of any particular activity. I just think shying away from risk deprives one from a very powerful, albeit not essential, part of the human experience.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:19 pm

I worry more about "reckless' people in cars when I am on my motorcycle than myself or whether I choose to wear a helmet or not.

sad to hear bout dude going out that way, never hear of him or his band

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:42 pm

It was the people in the cars that caused me to quit riding. I was cautious, obeyed the laws, and wore a helmet but it just got too crazy with too many near misses. Once I became a father the fun just wasn't worth all the risk anymore.

RIP to this dude. Way too young.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:03 pm

After reading more about this it seems alcohol may have been a factor in the accident.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Sad news. RIP
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:50 pm

nevermore wrote:
After reading more about this it seems alcohol may have been a factor in the accident.

Booze and any kind kind of driving is playing with fire as it is. But riding a bike under the influence is ridiculous. Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident 352445
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Suicidal to ride under any kind of influence. Lucky he didn't kill/hurt anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:45 pm

I know too many people killed or seriously hurt from riding motorcycles.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 1:53 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I know more people hurt from from riding in cars than on motorcycles and I grew up around bikers.

Still sorry bout the ones you know who were hurt or killed, always a bummer.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:41 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

My uncle was injured from a motorcycle accident once, and a guy who played junior hockey for the local team (he briefly played in the NHL) died in a motorcycle accident a number of years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:45 am

Cars and motorcycles are both dangerous. That's why I ride my Big Wheel everywhere.

Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident LittleBigWheel500blk
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:56 am

i feel no pity for any drunk driver. if that's what this was, then he got what he paid for. hopefully, no one else was made to pay for his poor judgement.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:32 am

mc666 wrote:
i feel no pity for any drunk driver. if that's what this was, then he got what he paid for. hopefully, no one else was made to pay for his poor judgement.
Sadly, everyone who cared for him is paying for it. But I agree with your sentiment. I have no sympathy for people who drink and drive.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:27 am

wonder if he was a member of D.A.M.M

Drunks Agianst Mad Mothers

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident   Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suicide Silence vocalist killed in Motorcycle accident
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next