Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is strange (Slayer related)

Go down 
+4
GrandNational
MetalH
ultmetal
Required Fields
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

This is strange (Slayer related) Empty
PostSubject: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:33 pm

In the video game Tony Hawk's Project 8, Slayer's "Angel of Death" is included in the game.

However, the line "To benefit the Aryan race" is removed.

This is weird. What's so offensive about that? I could see them removing swear words (which they have, with other artists' songs), but if they're going to remove something like this, why not just have another "cleaner" Slayer song?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:36 pm

Probably worried about law suites.

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:46 pm

Removed for the benefit of idiots, most likely.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 4:14 pm

How many Tony Hawks are there now? I lost track after #4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:34 pm

There are nine of them.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-4
Tony Hawk's Underground
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:31 pm

I was playing Tony Hawk's American Wasteland the other day and realized that it had some good songs on there. I hadn't played that game in a REALLY LONG time. SOme songs are -

Venom - Black Metal
D.R.I. - CouchSlouch
The Dead Kennedys - California Uber Alles
Bad Religion - We're Only Going To Die

Off the topic but I thought it was cool. I made it so it would just play those songs plus a Public Enemy song and a Black Flag song ( I'm checking out this band right now).
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:51 pm

Required Fields wrote:
In the video game Tony Hawk's Project 8, Slayer's "Angel of Death" is included in the game.

However, the line "To benefit the Aryan race" is removed.

This is weird. What's so offensive about that? I could see them removing swear words (which they have, with other artists' songs), but if they're going to remove something like this, why not just have another "cleaner" Slayer song?

Don't you know the Aryan race is the cause of all the ills of this world? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:51 pm

They should have the song Alter Of Sacrifice on there but they would probably remove the part that screams "All Hail Satan".
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:25 am

GrandNational wrote:

Don't you know the Aryan race is the cause of all the ills of this world? Twisted Evil
i can think of no other race to blame.

KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:27 am

mc666 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Japs angry
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:12 am

mc666 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Middle Eastern people angry
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:58 am

the tony hawks games all had really good music. the third one had motorhead and the ramones while the first one has some good stuff too that i dont know what they are called.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is strange (Slayer related)   This is strange (Slayer related) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is strange (Slayer related)
Page 1 of 1