Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Go down 
+17
Eyesore
Tur-Thalion
James B.
Orion Crystal Ice
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
Addy
sidmaximus
Fat Freddy
ShadowAngel
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:08 pm

I have an eternal debt of gratitude towards Axl and the GnR guys. If it hadn't been for Appetite for Destruction in high school, I'd have never discovered hard rock and heavy metal. I'd still be listening to The Chipmunks and Huey Lewis.

Ok, so I still listen to The Chipmunks and Huey Lewis, but Guns n' Roses welcomed me to the dark corner of the room where the cool kids hung out and I've been pretty happy there ever since.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Ha. Though who knew how creepy that corner would become with Axl?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Ha. Though who knew how creepy that corner would become with Axl?

There's allot of creepy characters in that corner. I don't mind them. They're very entertaining once you get to know them. \'arry \'eadbanger

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I have an eternal debt of gratitude towards Axl and the GnR guys. If it hadn't been for Appetite for Destruction in high school, I'd have never discovered hard rock and heavy metal. I'd still be listening to The Chipmunks and Huey Lewis.

Ok, so I still listen to The Chipmunks and Huey Lewis, but Guns n' Roses welcomed me to the dark corner of the room where the cool kids hung out and I've been pretty happy there ever since.

Interesting that you didn't discover that stuff until GNR came along, kind of a late bloomer, especially considering we're not that far apart in age. I got my first hard rock album when I was 6.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 am

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Interesting that you didn't discover that stuff until GNR came along, kind of a late bloomer, especially considering we're not that far apart in age. I got my first hard rock album when I was 6.

As I mentioned before, I didn't have the benefit of older brothers or sisters to guide me. My dad's old record collection was only good up to the late 60's-era of rock. Most of my music exposure was limited to what I heard on radio or saw on MTV. My parents didn't shelter me from music or anything like that. It just wasn't their thing. They played whatever was popular of the day.

It wasn't until I started high school in '85 and I hung with guys that got me really listening to stuff like Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Ozzy, etc. and that was just the tip of the iceberg (coincidentily, I was introduced to the joys of alcohol around the same time. Weed came a little later). Of course, I had heard of these bands (I didn't live in a bubble), just never listened to them.

So as I was taking in all this new music, GNR rolled onto the scene and guys at the lunch table were all like "Dude, you gotta hear this!!" Compared to the radio hits of Zep & Aerosmith I was listening to at the time, Appetite for Destruction just took it to a whole other level. As silly as it sounds now, I don't think I'd ever heard cursing in a song. When they sang 'It's so easy, so f*cking easy!!' I was blown away. And I wanted more.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 pm

It all started for me when I saw KISS on the Paul Lynde Halloween special in 1976.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:12 pm

I remember seeing stuff like that (and Alice Cooper on 'The Muppets') when I was just a wee lad, but the music aspect of it didn't phase me as much as the look.

A friend of mine once pointed out that back then (the 70's), little kids such as ourselves viewed KISS as real life comic book superheroes more than musicians.

We didn't know their true identies, they had cool costumes and breathed fire. They could have been singing 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' for all we cared.

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm sure the visual component of KISS was the first thing i noticed, but it was the music that really hit me. Christmas 1976 was when I got my first stereo with a built-in tuner and I started paying attention to the radio. I loved hearing stuff like Heart, Ted Nugent, Boston and Queen. My life as a music fanatic had begun in earnest.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Nothing that was ever playing on the radio ever hit me in any way, except for wondering why the guy from Stone Temple Pilots kept mumbling, and then I came across a Styx CD in a pawn shop when I was 8, just buying random stuff with cool art to play on my small CD player. I heard 'Blue Collar Man' and I then understood all things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Nothing that was ever playing on the radio ever hit me in any way, except for wondering why the guy from Stone Temple Pilots kept mumbling

Radio in the 70s was a COMPLETELY different animal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 2:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm sure the visual component of KISS was the first thing i noticed, but it was the music that really hit me. Christmas 1976 was when I got my first stereo with a built-in tuner and I started paying attention to the radio. I loved hearing stuff like Heart, Ted Nugent, Boston and Queen. My life as a music fanatic had begun in earnest.

I couldn't pin-point it exactly, but I'd guess I didn't start paying attention till much later. Like the early 80's. Much of what I can remember of the 70's revolved around Star Wars for me. That coupled with the fact that I didn't dare touch my dad's record player till I was older.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Radio was very different. You could hear The Beatles then Black Sabbath then Styx then ELP. It was all under the umbrella of rock.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:10 pm

The 70's were still a huge singles market. I would love to still have all the 45's my older siblings gave me, much less the ones I purchased myself.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:55 pm

GNR were important in my development too, but I was 4 years old when Appetite came out and I do recall listening to it a lot around that time and the following year. But my dad was into hard rock and heavy metal so I was regularly listening to Sabbath, Dokken, Def Leppard, Zeppelin, GNR, Great White, Cinderella, etc.

As to Axl, I find it painful to watch clips of recent live shows; and I won't watch the Jimmy Kimmel interview because I can't imagine it going well as many have already noted.

It's strange that after being washed up for so long he can still be so egotistical. I guess after decades of being the center of your world it can be tough to change mindsets.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:06 pm

G n R "needed" to happen (IMHDO).....It was the start of the "over" saturation of that scene and it got alot of bands "noticed" that probably would of never got out of their own regional club scene. I still dig finding that odd cassette tape from some obscure band from that time and finding out how much better they were than most of the bands that made it.

I thinks its funny how alot of folks have this opinion that a band sucked cause they had a crappy producer. Ya still can notice good songcraft and musicianship when ya hear it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Good lord.

This might be worse than Mark Slaughter's attempts at singing these days. Man, this is bad.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm probably the biggest GnR fan on this board and I've defended them and Axl more times than I care to mention. But if I paid money for that "performance", I would heave a bottle of my own piss at the stage.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled "piss". 2 Sesses.)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:24 pm

I just watched that clip again. I can't believe that he's not being booed off the stage or pelted with trash by the end.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:35 pm

One of the comments on youtube says that he had strep throat. If so......I guess that ain't so bad. lol still though.....ugh
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Wow.... that is even worse than I imagined it would be after the commentary!!!! That SUCKED!!!!! Give it up already Axl!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:38 pm

I guess this is what to expect at the Axl Rose Solo Project shows in Vega$
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Good lord.

This might be worse than Mark Slaughter's attempts at singing these days. Man, this is bad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's great. Couldn't happen to a better guy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Rex wrote:
One of the comments on youtube says that he had strep throat.

That comment was probably written by Axl himself (or at least, by one of his nut-swingers from GNR's online fanboy community) attempting damage control.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm probably the biggest GnR fan on this board and I've defended them and Axl more times than I care to mention. But if I paid money for that "performance", I would heave a bottle of my own piss at the stage.

Laughing very hard Im a big GNR fan too and would have to completely agree
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rex wrote:
One of the comments on youtube says that he had strep throat.

That comment was probably written by Axl himself (or at least, by one of his nut-swingers from GNR's online fanboy community) attempting damage control.

Yea, I ain't buying that excuse. This is a guy that ditches shows if he didn't get his eyebrows waxed properly that day. You're telling me he had strep throat and still went out on stage? Puuuuh-leeeze!

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live   Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axl Rose to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next