Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album cover artwork

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthMetalis
Metal novice
Metal novice
DarthMetalis

Number of posts : 19

Album cover artwork Empty
PostSubject: Album cover artwork   Album cover artwork Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:06 pm

I'm an art student and want to get my name out there as an artist, as well as help bands out. Right now, my most effective medium is acrylic painting, and fairly soon I will be buying a tablet and learning digital painting. Here is a link to my work http://darthmetalis.cghub.com/images/. Let me know if you are interested in album artwork. Thanks-

Last edited by DarthMetalis on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Album cover artwork   Album cover artwork Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:44 am

Nice work. Some of it could use a little refining, but you're off to a good start. Keep it up and you'll only get better.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Album cover artwork   Album cover artwork Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:41 am

Although I don't agree with the ideology behind it, I really like the look of "The Architect of Life". Like MG said, you can only get better from here.
Back to top Go down
DarthMetalis
Metal novice
Metal novice
DarthMetalis

PostSubject: Re: Album cover artwork   Album cover artwork Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks guys, you're right, I get a little better with each painting. I will probably buy a tablet today, which I am excited about.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Album cover artwork   Album cover artwork Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Nice work! You use a lot of light blues, whites and light greens. Any particular reason or is that just what your eye is drawn to naturally?
Back to top Go down
DarthMetalis
Metal novice
Metal novice
DarthMetalis

PostSubject: Re: Album cover artwork   Album cover artwork Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Yeah, actually i have gotten a lot of inspiration from Power metal artwork (mainly Herve Monjeaud's stuff), which usually has bright skies and such, so i try to incorporate that style into mine.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Album cover artwork   Album cover artwork Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:56 pm

DarthMetalis wrote:
Yeah, actually i have gotten a lot of inspiration from Power metal artwork (mainly Herve Monjeaud's stuff), which usually has bright skies and such, so i try to incorporate that style into mine.

Right on! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album cover artwork   Album cover artwork Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album cover artwork
Page 1 of 1