Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"

Go down 
+14
Shawn Of Fire
T-Roy
adrian
DallasBlack
Wurthless
kmorg
exact33
James B.
Coram Deo
Thrasher73
Troublezone
mc666
ultmetal
Lurideath
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Empty
PostSubject: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Well here you go!!!! The new AoB ep is now uploaded to Reverbnation! I know its not for everyone. Some will like it, some will hate it. The way of the world I guess. I LOVE it though... to me its some of the best work we have done yet and it sounds great!! If you are expecting rehasher 80's thrash... you'll have to look elsewhere as Avenger of Blood band isn't that any longer. So without rambling, here you go! Hope you enjoy it!!

http://www.reverbnation.com/avengerofblood
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Sounds like thrash to me, with perhaps some death metal leanings. I still hear the Sodom influence, but now there is a big Venom-on-speed influence as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Its still "thrash" just not what it was. I guess that was my point. To me this is a progression from what we were doing. Plus its got almost all new members from the last CD we did and that changes a lot as well when it comes to the music. For us, this is a new beginning so to say. We still play some old songs but they are much harsher and brutal than they sounded before.

There will always be the same influences as before because that's what I brought to the table in the past and pushed the band in that direction. Its part of who and what we are. Now days though, there is that death metal side to it because it had to be heavier, faster, and more aggressive.

Our full length will follow a lot of the same as this and be even better yet.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Also when I meant we aren't rehasher 80's thrash, its not full on like that and I know people are expecting that.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:43 pm

puts me in mind of The Crown or early Deathchain. me likes!

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks MC... thats exactly the direction we were aiming for and are also still headed in. Its still sounds like us and the way we used to a bit. The core of it anyways... but its original for what it is!!

Glad you like it man!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 pm

The new stuff reminds me of Malevolent Creation.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:09 am

Troublezone wrote:
The new stuff reminds me of Malevolent Creation.
i can hear that, mostly in the vocals, but a touch in the music too.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:36 am

I think it sounds good! Vocals are killer!
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:38 am

Quote :
"Kick Ass Thrash"
— Greg Christian, TESTAMENT

Ditto! Shocked

I had to pull out Death Brigade to see just how different the new stuff is.

Deff. a more polished sound. The production sounds mint!
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:23 am

me like it too

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 pm

not a big fan of the genre anymore but I like it too.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:24 am

Great stuff! When will a CD be available?

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Is that the final mix?

I think the guitars need to be louder, vocals need to be brought down a tad in the mix. The Toms could probably be EQd a little differently as well. If there is a bass guitar on there I definitely can't tell, it's inaudible.

The songs themselves sound good, reminds me of nastier variation on Kreator/Destruction/Sodom.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Just listened to "Centuries of Hell", awesome stuff! I like the production a lot more than the last AoB album I heard, though the bass could be higher in the mix.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Brutal thrash is something I have to be in the mood for but when I do listen to it, I want the music to be good. You guys... are good, cudos!. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Sounds good to my ears!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:49 pm

This is AWESOME! LOVE the vocals...killer. headbanger
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:55 pm

When I hear this it makes me think of Sacrificium - Escaping the Stupor. Just has that progressive death feel to it. Ferocious, technical and thrashy. But those vocals make it DEATH!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Thank you all so much for such awesome compliments!!! Wasn't sure it would really catch on in the forum here but it is!! I'm blown away by all the comments! Thank you ALL again!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 pm

S.D. wrote:
Is that the final mix?

I think the guitars need to be louder, vocals need to be brought down a tad in the mix. The Toms could probably be EQd a little differently as well. If there is a bass guitar on there I definitely can't tell, it's inaudible.

The songs themselves sound good, reminds me of nastier variation on Kreator/Destruction/Sodom.

Shawn said something needs to be louder???? I am writing this day down for historical purposes Razz

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Now up at Bandcamp!!

BLISTERING STUFF!!!

http://avengerofblood.bandcamp.com/

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 pm

The ep cover is insane. love it.

The music is even better. Good work!
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:09 pm

exact33 wrote:

Shawn said something needs to be louder???? I am writing this day down for historical purposes Razz

Yes, but I was referring to the mix...not the mastering.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:22 pm

Still sounds like AoB to me. I had thought that Shannon said they were going for a more chaotic death/thrash sound.

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"   Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avenger of Blood - "Spawn of Evil"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next