Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your First Power Metal album

Go down 
+35
Fat Freddy
Lazlo Toth
Ravenscraig
RiseAndFall
chewie
Citanul
ZombieHavoc
brokentulsa
Wurthless
kmorg
MoonChild
Gryphon-kl
Lari
Olafsto
CRIMSONMASK
allthingsmetal
snooloui
Dark Horseman
manny
James B.
Leatherface
BearOnUnicycle
Andy
Hadley
Alex Dee Rokket
stepcousin
mc666
superjuice
EvyMetal
jettafiend
Temple of Blood
exact33
DallasBlack
Morrison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ravenscraig
Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 6:46 pm

If we're talking "old" power metal I'd say "A Blessing in Disguise" by the mightly Metal Church.

If we're talking "European Power Metal" it was Helloween, Keeper 1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
Lazlo Toth
Metal novice
Metal novice
Lazlo Toth

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:10 am

Helloween, First Keeper album.

I bought it after seeing the short-form "Halloween" video on MTV.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:28 am

If we're going by the "Euro Power Metal" definition, then I guess Helloween's Walls of Jericho.

If we're talking "Early American Power Metal" then it would be Armored Saint's March of the Saint.

Wow, I'm old. I bought both of those as new releases. Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 251456

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:34 pm

American pm - Metal Church - S/T

Euro pm - Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:25 am

Oh God, I honestly don't remember. I started my metal journey with a bang buying loads of tapes in 1984. Should be something from that year I guess, Stormwitch, Running Wild, Omen, Griffin, Faithful Breath, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:57 pm

If I had to guess, I'd probably go with Metal Church's Blessing in Disguise. I remember hearing that one pretty early-on in my discovering of metal in the mid/late 80's.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:21 pm

It'd have to be pretty late 80's as BID didn't release until summer of '89. But you're pretty old so I understand the confusion.Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 685534
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
It'd have to be pretty late 80's as BID didn't release until summer of '89. But you're pretty old so I understand the confusion.Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 685534

Yea, that's been happening allot these days. Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 251456 Now where'd I leave my pants?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Yea, that's been happening allot these days. Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 251456 Now where'd I leave my pants?

turn off the webcam angry

arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

I guess Helloween's Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II. It was an overpriced import in the one local CD shop that stocked a decent metal selection when I was younger and before I had the Internet. I bought it on the basis of seeing the video for "I Want Out." I probably paid way too much for it, but it was worth it at the time.

I also had Metal Church's debut around that time, if you count that as power-metal. Can't remember if I heard it before or after Helloween to be honest.

I enjoy the Keepers albums and stuff like Blind Guardian, but for the most part I just can't stand the ultra-happy flower-metal stuff. If I listen to power-metal then it's usually the more heavy / speed-metal based bands like Running Wild, Grave Digger, etc or older power-metal or power-thrash.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Exact has a webcam watching MG? No
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Exact has a webcam watching MG? No

He has a paid membership. It helps finance my cd spending habits. And crystal meth addiction.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:47 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your First Power Metal album   Your First Power Metal album - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your First Power Metal album
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3