Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's had the most singers?

Go down 
+10
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Lari
Temple of Blood
Citanul
kmorg
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Who's had the most singers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's had the most singers?   Who's had the most singers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Vicious Rumors?
The one and only Carl Albert, Geoff Thorpe, James Rivera and then I lost count.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Who's had the most singers?   Who's had the most singers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:25 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Vicious Rumors?
The one and only Carl Albert, Geoff Thorpe, James Rivera and then I lost count.

Mark Tate - Vocals (1982–1983)
Gary St.Pierre - Vocals (1983–1986)
Carl Albert - Vocals (1988–1995; deceased)
Brian O'Connor - Vocals (1997–1999, 2001–2005)
Morgan Thorn - Vocals (2000–2001)
James Rivera - Vocals (2005–2007)
Ronnie Stixx - Vocals (2008–2009)
Brian Allen - Vocals (2009 - present)

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who's had the most singers?   Who's had the most singers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
manny wrote:
Black Sabbath:

Ozzy Osbourne
Ronnie James Dio
Ian Gillan
David Donato (never recorded with the band, did a few publicity pics then fired)
Glenn Hughes
Ray Gillen
Tony Martin

and of course three of them returned Ozzy, Dio and Martin.

Halford stepped in for Ozzy on a couple of shows

You missed one. Dave Walker (Savoy Brown) joined briefly in 1978 (during one of Ozzy's drunken hiatuses) and even appeared on TV with the band. There used to be a video of him performing an early version of Junior's Eyes with different lyrics, but it has since been removed from youtube. Here's a rough audio clip.

He sounds like he's trying to get a James Dewar (Robin Trower's vocalist) thing going, but alas it's not really working.

I always forget about him and almost never include him or David Donato as official members, as for Fenholt I refuse to acknowledge him as a Sabbath man, even if he did sing on the demos for tunes that would show up as 'Seventh Star'
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who's had the most singers?   Who's had the most singers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Although Yngwie doesn't acknowledge half of them! Lol

I read an interview where he could not remember having Jørn Lande in the band. He didn't even recognize the name.

That's because Jorn pissed him off. There's no way he's forgotten who walked out in the middle of the tour (along w/ John Macaluso) because they were not being paid what they were promised.

lol!

I had no idea Jorn sang with Yngwie, did he ever appear on any Yngwie studio or live albums?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Who's had the most singers?   Who's had the most singers? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:38 pm

manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Although Yngwie doesn't acknowledge half of them! Lol

I read an interview where he could not remember having Jørn Lande in the band. He didn't even recognize the name.

That's because Jorn pissed him off. There's no way he's forgotten who walked out in the middle of the tour (along w/ John Macaluso) because they were not being paid what they were promised.

lol!

I had no idea Jorn sang with Yngwie, did he ever appear on any Yngwie studio or live albums?

Nope...just part of a tour. At one point, his band was basically Ark (without Tore Ostby). In the middle of the tour, Yngwie's wife/manager pissed him off enough about payment/contract issues that he walked off and went back home to Norway in the middle of a US tour.

PostSubject: Re: Who's had the most singers?   Who's had the most singers? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's had the most singers?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2