Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Together - Run for cover

Go down 
+10
Rex
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
krokus
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
kmorg
ZombieHavoc
Dark Horseman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

All Together - Run for cover - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:20 am

S.D. wrote:
krokus wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I think the "old school" metal crowd lump them in with the new/nu metal crowd. And as such, they are disregarded. Besides, they started to suck real bad, real fast!

+1, its the guitar grooves we dont like.

What exactly is it that you don't like about them? Can you name a couple examples. Just curious.

I always liked the old PANTERA but never liked the singer Anselmo (beside on the POWER METAL album).Also the guitar grooves i didnt like, it didnt have a direct metal riffs, but more of a HC type of groove to it. Also their attitude since COWBOYS FROM HELL was strange. First four albums they were heavy metal in sound and looks and then they changed into a strange looking band.
Back to top Go down

All Together - Run for cover - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:42 am

It was specifically the guitar riffs I was asking about. I never thought "hardcore" that's for sure. My favorite Pantera riff is the song Cowboys From Hell and I like it because they brought in some of their Texas roots by doing a metal-ized variation on ZZ Top.

Their attitude, Phil's annoying vocals and consistently declining songwriting with each successive album ruined them for me quickly. Becoming "THE metal band for rednecks" didn't win them any points in my book either.

Speaking of infantile songwriting, "Walk" is one of the dumbest metal songs in history.
Back to top Go down

All Together - Run for cover
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2