Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Together - Run for cover

Go down 
+10
Rex
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
krokus
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
kmorg
ZombieHavoc
Dark Horseman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

All Together - Run for cover Empty
PostSubject: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power were, and still are, [as well as "Far Beyond Driven", to a lesser extent] absolute classic True Metal albums. But, for whatever reason, METALHEADS [aka, those whom desire riffage] disregard Pantera. What's up with that?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 am

I'll give you Cowboys but by Vulgar Phil had gone to almost all yelling and I find it annoying. I do like Walk though. Besides, Phil's an ass. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:42 am

I love Cowboys, Vulgar, Driven and Trendkill.

I really enjoy the pre-Cowboys albums too.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:15 pm

I think the "old school" metal crowd lump them in with the new/nu metal crowd. And as such, they are disregarded. Besides, they started to suck real bad, real fast!

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:14 pm

I liked Cowboys From Hell when it first came out. I liked about half of Vulgar Display of Power. Then when I bought Far Beyond Driven I liked about 3 songs. The law of diminishing returns was definitely at play so Pantera quickly went on my "ignore list". I haven't listened to them or owned any of their albums since around 1996 when my first "purge of the metal collection" took place.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Quote :
I liked Cowboys From Hell when it first came out. I liked about half of Vulgar Display of Power. Then when I bought Far Beyond Driven I liked about 3 songs. The law of diminishing returns was definitely at play so Pantera quickly went on my "ignore list".

Wut dis guy said, right here.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I liked Cowboys From Hell when it first came out. I liked about half of Vulgar Display of Power. Then when I bought Far Beyond Driven I liked about 3 songs. The law of diminishing returns was definitely at play so Pantera quickly went on my "ignore list".

Wut dis guy said, right here.

You know what's funny? I could replace "Pearl Jam" for Pantera and it would be the same thing. Dug the first album, about half of the second and about 3 songs of the the third album...on the ignore list they went and stayed there. Razz

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:41 pm

I still like Pantera. Never liked Pearl Jam. Eddie Veder is a douche-nozzle.

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Phil is Far Beyond Douche.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:43 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

This too is true, but for completely different reasons.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Never liked Pearl Jam. Eddie Veder is a douche-nozzle.

S.D. wrote:

Laughing very hard Agreed on both counts.

Though I think my hatred for Pearl Jam is based more on the fact that between 1992 and '95 or so, you could go to a dozen bars in my area on a Saturday night and see a dozen different cover bands badly playing the same Pearl Jam songs ("Evenflow," "Jeremy," etc.). I couldn't get away from 'em!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

This too is true, but for completely different reasons.

I'm not a fan of Vedder either, I should also mention that the Pearl Jam CDs were sold in the same purge in 1996 and I never re-purchased or listened to them since. The only album with Vedder I've heard in the past 15 years was the Temple Of The Dog album and I heard that at a friend's house about 5 years ago. Razz
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:20 pm

kmorg wrote:
I think the "old school" metal crowd lump them in with the new/nu metal crowd. And as such, they are disregarded. Besides, they started to suck real bad, real fast!

+1, its the guitar grooves we dont like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:25 pm

krokus wrote:
kmorg wrote:

+1, its the guitar grooves we dont like.

What exactly is it that you don't like about them? Can you name a couple examples. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Pantera is one of my favorite bands. Cowboys and Vulgar are excellent, Far Beyond is good, Trendkill is too harsh for my tastes and Reinventing was a nice return to their earlier sound. Many metal fans will complain about Pantera's "tough guy" lyrics yet they find nothing wrong with the absurdities of puffy-shirted Euro Power Metal. I like songs about dragons just as much as songs about punching someone in the face, so I like power metal and Pantera. Now if someone would write a song about punching a dragon in the face I could die happy.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:59 pm

I don't care about the lyrics so much, though if you have to keep telling everyone how tough you are you might reconsider, but the abrasive yelling turned me off.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I don't care about the lyrics so much, though if you have to keep telling everyone how tough you are

I think alot of that was the whole "Don't Mess With Texas" bs attitude. The peeps in NYC and Venice just laugh at that, if they pay any attn' at all.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Because the people of New York don't have BS attitudes. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:23 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Because the people of New York don't have BS attitudes. Rolling Eyes

It's a different aroma of BS...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Who loves CHF and Vulgar.....this guy.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:46 am

Mmmmm... Pantera is Greatest hits band for sure and even then, not all the songs are worth the listen.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 am

I thoroughly enjoy Cowboys From Hell. I really liked it when it first came out, and that hasn't changed. Vulgar Display of Power is also one I still enjoy, though to a lesser extent.

I like a few songs off of Far Beyond Driven, but outside of those few I can't sit and listen to the rest of the album.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:42 am

Cowboys and vulgar are very good albums.

But i barely listen to them anymore. Can't stand Phil's screaming.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:33 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I thoroughly enjoy Cowboys From Hell. I really liked it when it first came out, and that hasn't changed. Vulgar Display of Power is also one I still enjoy, though to a lesser extent.

I like a few songs off of Far Beyond Driven, but outside of those few I can't sit and listen to the rest of the album.

Seems the general consensus. Planet Caravan, 5 Minutes Alone, and I'm Broken are the only real highlights of Far Beyond Driven IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:09 am

I'm kind of on the fence with Pantera. I don't love or hate them. They've got some songs that are pretty decent, my favorite of theirs being "Cemetary Gates".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Together - Run for cover   All Together - Run for cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Together - Run for cover
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next