Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?

Go down 
+18
manny
akeldama
Rex
journeyman
SAHB Healer
spiritoradio
Thrasher73
ghost
INVADERS
Skysplitter
Troublezone
criss3o
KissinMaiden
krokus
rattpoison
ultmetal
the sentinel
caniplaywithmadness?
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Best Album?
Thin Lizzy
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Shades of a Blue Orphanage
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Vagabonds of the Western World
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nightlife
 0% [ 0 ]
Fighting
 0% [ 0 ]
Jailbreak
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Johnny the Fox
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Bad Reputation
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Black Rose
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Chinatown
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Renegade
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Thunder and Lightning
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:33 pm

I hear there making a movie based on Phil Lynott. It would be pretty hard to cast someone as Phil though, The whole thing would be pretty hard to do.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:42 pm

Yeah that project has been on ice for the past couple of years, Gary Dourdan (CSI) was cast as Phil but the movie seems more unlikely. Gary is a great choice cause he also plays bass and can sing a bit. We are about to get bombarded with rock n' roll biopic movies in the next couple of years with movies planned on the lives of Iggy Pop, Freddie Mercury and Motley Crue.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 2:25 am

MOTLEY CRUE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh god, thats disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:48 pm

I bought Jailbreak on a whim today. It was either this or the live album and I picked this up cuz I figured the live album would be better if I were a little more familure with the songs.

I like the album, and some songs are great. But it wasn't nearly as rocking as I was expecting it to be. My wife and I were a little disappointed in it. I think it will grow on me more though.

But what album should I get next if I can find it? What album has "the rocker" on it and how does that album compaire to "jailbreak"?

What is their most rocking album?
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 9:41 pm

The Rockers on "Vagabonds of the Western world, and IMO is a great album. Im not sure if you can compare it with Jailbreak, which is a masterpiece, but it is excellent. Some of the best songs on it are "The Rocker", "Whiskey in the Jar", "Mama Nature Said", and "THe Hero and the Madman". If you don't have it pick it up.

Which live album are you talking about? If its Live and Dangerous, then go back to the store and buy it NOW!!!! Thats one of the best live albums of all time. YOu wont be disapointed.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:16 pm

I picked up their Definive collection today for a few songs I don't have and all I can say is WOW!!! They kick serious butt!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:19 pm

Skysplitter wrote:
The Rockers on "Vagabonds of the Western world, and IMO is a great album. Im not sure if you can compare it with Jailbreak, which is a masterpiece, but it is excellent. Some of the best songs on it are "The Rocker", "Whiskey in the Jar", "Mama Nature Said", and "THe Hero and the Madman". If you don't have it pick it up.

Which live album are you talking about? If its Live and Dangerous, then go back to the store and buy it NOW!!!! Thats one of the best live albums of all time. YOu wont be disapointed.

Yeah it was Live and Dangerous. I almost got it instead since it had twice as many songs on it. But I've never heard anyone talk about it so I didn't know how good the sound quality was and wasn't familure with any of their songs. Jailbreak was my first album by them. I definately want to pick up some more. I've been listening to it off and on today its really growing on me.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:16 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I bought Jailbreak on a whim today. It was either this or the live album and I picked this up cuz I figured the live album would be better if I were a little more familure with the songs.

I like the album, and some songs are great. But it wasn't nearly as rocking as I was expecting it to be. My wife and I were a little disappointed in it. I think it will grow on me more though.

But what album should I get next if I can find it? What album has "the rocker" on it and how does that album compaire to "jailbreak"?

What is their most rocking album?

Actually, I count Live And Dangerous as one of the best albums of all times. It's a great way to familiarize yourself with the band, but then again, Jailbreak is a great CD too. 🤘
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:28 am

I can't believe there is no love for Black Rose, come on this album has it all Waiting For An Alibi, Toughest Street In Town, Roisin Dubh, Get Out Of Here, Got To Give It Up etc. I voted Renegade because I think it is so underrated and is the greatest Thin Lizzy album no one knows, but my heart lies with Black Rose.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:17 am

rattpoison wrote:
I can't believe there is no love for Black Rose, come on this album has it all Waiting For An Alibi, Toughest Street In Town, Roisin Dubh, Get Out Of Here, Got To Give It Up etc. I voted Renegade because I think it is so underrated and is the greatest Thin Lizzy album no one knows, but my heart lies with Black Rose.

Plenty of love here. Love it! Gary Moore put his all into that album. I own it on vinyl and CD.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:03 am

I picked up "live and dangerous" yesterday when I went back to get the new Iced Earth. I'm spinning it for the first time now.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:12 am

...this is a song called Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:26 pm

Johnny the Fox for sure. It has a great mix of heavy songs and ballads. Lizzy's ballads always seemed to fit just right, they never seemed to be just filler like other bands. There is not a Lizzy album that I don't like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:15 am

I voted for Johnny The Fox, which I actually prefer to Jailbreak. It's worth getting for the track "Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy The Weed" alone.

My top 5 studio albums would most likely go as follows:

1. Johnny The Fox
2. Jailbreak
3. Fighting
4. Nightlife
5. Vagabonds Of The Western World
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:08 am

My favorite by Thin Lizzy is "Black Rose'. It has Phil Lynott's most personal songs, such as prophetic "Got to Give it Up' , a song about his daughter "Sara", his Irish roots revisited on "Black Rose (A Legend)' of course great leads from both Gary Moore and Scott Gorham.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:11 am

Black Rose of course.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:17 pm

My top 5 would be:
1.Johnny The Fox
2.Black Rose
3.Jailbreak
4.Fighting
5.Bad Reputation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:30 pm

The only Lizzy album that I *don't* like is Shades Of A Blue Orphanage, just because it sounds like they rushed it out without the proper amount of time for songwriting.

Renegade is definitely an underrated classic, my Dad turned me onto that one, all it took was one listen to Angel Of Death and I was HOOKED.

I'm also a fan of Phil's solo work, especially the album Solo In Soho.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:41 pm

I voted Thunder And Lightning, I love Sykes' guitar work on it. I couldve have easily picked Nightlife, Jailbreak, Bad Reputation, or Black Rose though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:41 pm

Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak...somewhere in this town!
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:55 pm

CHINATOWN

Johnny the Fox
Fighting
Vagabounds of the Wastern World
Bad Reputation

Lizzy never put out a bad album!!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:58 pm

detuned wrote:
I voted for Johnny The Fox, which I actually prefer to Jailbreak. It's worth getting for the track "Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy The Weed" alone.

My top 5 studio albums would most likely go as follows:

1. Johnny The Fox
2. Jailbreak
3. Fighting
4. Nightlife
5. Vagabonds Of The Western World

I'm glad to see Nightlife makes somebody else's top 5, I love that album, something magical/powerful about it to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 4:22 pm

Nightlife just missed my list! Great album!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 4:36 pm

I have never owned Nightlife but when I start collecting Thin Lizzy again that will be on my list.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:37 pm

I listened to " Johnny The Fox' earlier today, I realized what a monster drummer Brian Downey is, underrated drummer who deserves more kudos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next