Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?

Go down 
+18
manny
akeldama
Rex
journeyman
SAHB Healer
spiritoradio
Thrasher73
ghost
INVADERS
Skysplitter
Troublezone
criss3o
KissinMaiden
krokus
rattpoison
ultmetal
the sentinel
caniplaywithmadness?
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Best Album?
Thin Lizzy
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_lcap4%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Shades of a Blue Orphanage
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_lcap0%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Vagabonds of the Western World
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_lcap0%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nightlife
 0% [ 0 ]
Fighting
 0% [ 0 ]
Jailbreak
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_lcap17%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Johnny the Fox
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_lcap17%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Bad Reputation
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_lcap13%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Black Rose
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_lcap8%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Chinatown
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_lcap8%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Renegade
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_lcap13%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Thunder and Lightning
Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_lcap20%Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Empty
PostSubject: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 6:24 am

fave album?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 4:47 pm

I'm going Jailbreak because it has my two favorite songs: Cowboy Song and Emerald. But I really like when Johnny the Fox meets Jimmy the Weed. 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 4:48 pm

Just wait til Ult gets a hold of this thread...humble
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 6:06 pm

Grrrrrrr!!!!! ONLY ONE? Cannot be done! angry

Any album from "Fighting" through "Bad Reputation", along with "Thunder and Lightning" could easily be listed as the band's best. I ended up chosing "Bad Reputation" because I was listening to that one today. However, I just as easily could have chose "Johnny the Fox", "Jailbreak", "Fighting", or "Thunder and Lightning". Then there is "Black Rose"...

see, I told you it cannot be done!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 12:54 am

I know what you mean Ult, my 2 favs are always Johnny The Fox and Black Rose, but i've been listening alot to Renegade. Boy is that a fantastic album, an underrated classic. By the way Thin Lizzy is my favourite band ever!!!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 10:28 am

I would say THUNDER&LIGHTNING. After that CHINA TOWN, RENEGADE and BLACK ROSE.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 3:40 pm

bad reputation, the only i've heard.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 12:05 am

This is just cruel!!!angry

I agree with Ult's statements, but would like to add Vagabonds of the Western World and Chinatown! 2 classics from opposite ends of the Gorham/Robertson era that are always either overlooked or slagged!!!

BTW, I picked Johnny the Fox!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 7:57 am

Thunder and Lightning. I'm a big John Sykes fan!
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 5:17 pm

A tough one. Im divided by three albums.

Thunder and Lightning
Fighting
Bad Reputation

These are pretty much Flawless albums.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:30 pm

jailbreak, but should have had more than one choice . . . other choice would be fighting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:45 pm

Chinatown with Black Rose coming in a close 2nd. I LOVE Waiting For An Alibi!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:05 am

I voted for Thunder and Lightning. I like the he heavy sound of this one.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:14 am

spectrefate wrote:
Chinatown with Black Rose coming in a close 2nd. I LOVE Waiting For An Alibi!

Impressive. You don't hear many fans picking Chinatown as their favorite.

Black Rose is a great album. Gary Moore fit Thin Lizzy well musically, even if he didn't fit in with the band's self destructive lifestyle.

ult
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:31 am

Always loved Thunder and Lightning!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 4:17 pm

what album would you fans suggest for someone who only has heard dedication, jailbreak and some assorted live stuff? Smile
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 4:34 pm

live and dangerous is the perfect album to get into thin lizzy
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 12:01 am

Jailbreak is the only album besides Dedication and Live and Dangerous that I have heard by them, so I can only vote for Jailbreak. I do have Johnny the Fox on vinyl though, I should dig that out along with L & D also on vinyl. I have like all of their albums on my want list on LaLa, but you all know how long that could take, just to get one of those Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 6:26 pm

Chinatown is the only whole album that I've really gotten attached to; although I like a lot of their other songs here and there. Even though I'm a Gary Moore fan, I just can't get into Black Rose for some reason, even though I've tried.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:00 pm

Jailbreak...the only one I own.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:45 pm

AH! you should really get more, THin Lizzy is a awesome band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:48 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Chinatown is the only whole album that I've really gotten attached to; although I like a lot of their other songs here and there. Even though I'm a Gary Moore fan, I just can't get into Black Rose for some reason, even though I've tried.

About Chinatown, while there are better songs on other albums, I think that it is a solid album from beginning to end and easy to digest.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 pm

Thunder and Lightning is great but I am surprised that it has more votes than some of the 70's releases.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Thunder and Lightning is great but I am surprised that it has more votes than some of the 70's releases.

ult
I agree. I love it as well but think it lacked alot of the heart of the 70's releases. Phil Lynott was tired by 1983.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:29 am

spectrefate wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult
I agree. I love it as well but think it lacked alot of the heart of the 70's releases. Phil Lynott was tired by 1983.

I think that Thunder and Lightning was fueled by a young Sykes. He gave the band a charge, as Lynott and Gorham were beyond burned out by that time. Scott was ready to quit the band, and actually had quit a couple times during the 80's. Phil always convinced him to stay. You have to admit, despite being so burned out from drug abuse, they did go out on top.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?   Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzys Best Studio Album?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next