Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firehouse - any fans?

Go down 
+20
Gilbert
snooloui
Big Rich
krokus
DallasBlack
Eyesore
exact33
nevermore
ZombieHavoc
Hadley
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
mikeinfla
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Alex Dee Rokket
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:04 am

You show me a supposed "glam metal" band and I'll show you a dozen "hard rock" bands that play the exact same style of music.

Glam is an image, not a musical style.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 am

Eyesore wrote:
You show me a supposed "glam metal" band and I'll show you a dozen "hard rock" bands that play the exact same style of music.

They start calling it Glam metal because the image, with a femening make up like PRETTY BOY FLOYD for exemple. Its like glam rock from the 70s in the UK, they were playing rock and hard rock too but they only called glam rock to bands that looked like it like THE SWEET, or T-rex.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:12 am

Thats why to a band like FIREHOUSE or WARRANT you can not call them GLAM METAL because they didnt had the looks for that, they were just melodic hard rock bands. Even if the styles are similar (maybe glam has a more female touch to the music, listen to POISON debut album), its glam when the image is like that.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:30 am

Firehouse fall under the hard rock category.

Lov'em. Wish they will release a new album one day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Agreed. Grunge too, it's a fashion, not a style of music.

It cracks me up how hung up people get on "image" of bands, I can understand how it might be important if you are 16 or younger, but when dudes in their 40's are arguing about bullet belts and spandex it's the best kind of comedy.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Quote :
when dudes in their 40's are arguing about bullet belts and spandex it's the best kind of comedy

Spandex 'n' bullet belts 'n' vinyl ist tr00, grimm, und KVLT!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
RATT, : party, carefree, summertime fun kinda bands.

RATT is none of those things...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
RATT, : party, carefree, summertime fun kinda bands.
RATT is none of those things...
lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
when dudes in their 40's are arguing about bullet belts and spandex it's the best kind of comedy

who taught you the English language???

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:10 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

English is for pozers. Tr00 arcane steele vynal mettle warrior code is where it's at! Ehehehehehehe

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

English is for pozers. Tr00 arcane steele vynal mettle warrior code is where it's at! Ehehehehehehe

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:17 pm

See Exact, you're better off not responding to FF when he gets like this.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:28 am

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Agreed. Grunge too, it's a fashion, not a style of music.

It cracks me up how hung up people get on "image" of bands, I can understand how it might be important if you are 16 or younger, but when dudes in their 40's are arguing about bullet belts and spandex it's the best kind of comedy.

Razz

Maybe for you its a comedy but for others like me its not. Its not very cool to see people on stage not wearing any metal or hard rock image and that i look more like a rockstar than they do. Its boring. I wanna cool show when i was 16 and when i will be 50. Its part of our movement. Its so much more than only music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:55 am

I never saw it as a "movement", it's music and it's an artform that I've enjoyed for many years, but I don't pattern my daily life around it. I did when I was a teenager, but not since. My favorite "image" was just jeans and t-shirts, I measured bands by how well they played live, I could care less what the stage clothes looked like.

I have nothing wrong with people that view it as a lifestyle, I'm just not one of them.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:56 am

S.D. wrote:
I never saw it as a "movement", it's music and it's an artform that I've enjoyed for many years, but I don't pattern my daily life around it. I did when I was a teenager, but not since. My favorite "image" was just jeans and t-shirts, I measured bands by how well they played live, I could care less what the stage clothes looked like.

I have nothing wrong with people that view it as a lifestyle, I'm just not one of them.

I respect you but for me its still the same like when i was a teenager only now i have a wife, a daughter and more records headbanger lol!
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:06 pm

I like the first three Firehouse albums.
It's a funny story how i discovered them: I'm a big fan of the 90's Show "Parker Lewis can't lose". It was shown on TV around 1995 here in Germany and one episode contained a song (the episode where they desperately search a girl for Lemmer) i really liked. It took me 8 years to find the song. It was "Shake & Tumble" from Firehouse. First of all, i was just happy that i finally discovered the song (reminds me of that one Married with Children episode were Al looks for a song) and i'm glad.
I like the first album the most.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:10 pm

I hated them and still do.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Love the first 2 albums - they rock!

Have not listened to any of their recent albums. Might have to give that a try soon...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:10 pm

nevermore wrote:
I still have one put away when they were called White Heat.

Never got into Firehouse, but used to go see the guys constantly when a couple of them were still in Maxx Warrior, even as recently as a reunion show in NC in Jan. Carl, er, "CJ" still has it! Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 604261
http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=777&Itemid=39
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Same with the word "Punk" - except Punk is a lifestyle and not an image or musical style. Jesus was the original Punk - Bob Marley was a Punk - Henry Rollins is still a "Punk" - Hank Williams Sr was a "Punk - Rosa Parks was a "Punk" - Danzig is still Glam.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - any fans?   Firehouse - any fans? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firehouse - any fans?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2