Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prototype - Catalyst

Go down 
+4
AchrisK
BearOnUnicycle
Eyesore
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Prototype - Catalyst Empty
PostSubject: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:21 am

One of my most anticipated albums this year:

Quote :
"Catalyst", the title track of the new album from the Los Angeles-based progressive/aggressive metal band PROTOTYPE, can be streamed using the SoundCloud player below. The track will be available for purchase starting August 21 on iTunes.

"We are really stoked to finally unleash some of the music from 'Catalyst'!" said PROTOTYPE guitarist Kragen Lum. "It's been a long time in the making and we're very proud of the album. Whether you're new to PROTOTYPE, you discovered the band by playing 'The Way It Ends' on Guitar Hero III or you've been with us from the beginning, the title track is a perfect example of what we do. Prepare for an epic sci-fi journey!" Vocalist/guitarist Vince Levalois added, "The song 'Catalyst' sets the tone for the new album, combining aggression, melody and an ominous feel. It's like an action-packed movie intro to get you settled in for the ride..."

"Catalyst" will be released on September 11 via Nightmare Records. The first new material from the band in over six years is a story-based science fiction concept effort containing over 60 minutes of new music. Produced entirely by the band and mixed by Neil Kernon (NEVERMORE, CANNIBAL CORPSE, QUEENSRŸCHE, DEICIDE), the album also sees the return of the classic "Trinity" lineup of Kragen Lum (guitar), Vince Levalois (vocals, guitar), Kirk Scherer (bass) and Pat Magrath (drums). With "Catalyst", PROTOTYPE continues to expand its sound by adding new elements to its unique blend of thrash metal and progressive music, creating its heaviest, and clearest album to date.

The cover artwork for "Catalyst" was created by Travis Smith of Seempieces, who has previously worked with OPETH, DEVIN TOWNSEND, NEVERMORE, ICED EARTH, DEATH and AMORPHIS, among many others.

The partnership of Lum and Levalois has flourished for the better part of two decades, during which time they have developed local, national and international recognition, achieving regular to heavy rotation on radio in addition to praise filled reviews and interviews. PROTOTYPE's music represents the consummate intersection of aggressive and progressive song construction, offering a high-energy performance that showcases exceptional musicianship in compositions that remain astonishingly melodic.

"Catalyst" track listing:

01. Inceptum
02. Catalyst
03. Cynic Dreams
04. The Chosen Ones
05. Illuminatum
06. My Own Deception
07. Into Oblivion
08. Impetus
09. Gravity Well
10. The Ageless Heart Of Memory
11. Exiled
12. Communion

PROTOTYPE's last album, "Continuum", was released in 2006 and featured the song "The Way It Ends", which appeared in the best-selling music video game of all time "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock".

PROTOTYPE is:

Vince Levalois - Vocals/Guitar
Kragen Lum - Guitar
Kirk Scherer - Bass
Pat Magrath - Drums

Prototype - Catalyst Prototypecatalyst
headbanger
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 am

Glad I checked this thread. The song is killer. Sacred Mother Tongue and then this song - the day started good.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:31 am

Yeah man, this band has become a real favorite of mine. Both of their full-lenght albums are just phenomenal. I do not understand complaints about this vocalist. He is killer. I am sure that anyone who has that as a complaint would change their mind if they allowed themselves to become familiar with the albums.

I recently got the package Kragen was offering on eBay for that cool Trinity shirt with the quote: "What you believe might not be", plus the Trinity CD that has the bonus tracks, plus some other stuff. I love that quote on the shirt.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:46 pm

Have you guys heard of Psychosis? It's Kragen's thrashier band. Similar to Prototype, though.

Here's an old song:

And a new one from their 2010 EP:

Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:50 pm

I have the Psychosis CDs.

Bruce Hall (Agent Steel) is singing on the newer one.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:23 pm

I can see why some are turned off by vocals, though the style fits music perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
One of my most anticipated albums this year:

Quote :
"Catalyst", the title track of the new album from the Los Angeles-based progressive/aggressive metal band PROTOTYPE, can be streamed using the SoundCloud player below. The track will be available for purchase starting August 21 on iTunes.

"We are really stoked to finally unleash some of the music from 'Catalyst'!" said PROTOTYPE guitarist Kragen Lum. "It's been a long time in the making and we're very proud of the album. Whether you're new to PROTOTYPE, you discovered the band by playing 'The Way It Ends' on Guitar Hero III or you've been with us from the beginning, the title track is a perfect example of what we do. Prepare for an epic sci-fi journey!" Vocalist/guitarist Vince Levalois added, "The song 'Catalyst' sets the tone for the new album, combining aggression, melody and an ominous feel. It's like an action-packed movie intro to get you settled in for the ride..."

"Catalyst" will be released on September 11 via Nightmare Records. The first new material from the band in over six years is a story-based science fiction concept effort containing over 60 minutes of new music. Produced entirely by the band and mixed by Neil Kernon (NEVERMORE, CANNIBAL CORPSE, QUEENSRŸCHE, DEICIDE), the album also sees the return of the classic "Trinity" lineup of Kragen Lum (guitar), Vince Levalois (vocals, guitar), Kirk Scherer (bass) and Pat Magrath (drums). With "Catalyst", PROTOTYPE continues to expand its sound by adding new elements to its unique blend of thrash metal and progressive music, creating its heaviest, and clearest album to date.

The cover artwork for "Catalyst" was created by Travis Smith of Seempieces, who has previously worked with OPETH, DEVIN TOWNSEND, NEVERMORE, ICED EARTH, DEATH and AMORPHIS, among many others.

The partnership of Lum and Levalois has flourished for the better part of two decades, during which time they have developed local, national and international recognition, achieving regular to heavy rotation on radio in addition to praise filled reviews and interviews. PROTOTYPE's music represents the consummate intersection of aggressive and progressive song construction, offering a high-energy performance that showcases exceptional musicianship in compositions that remain astonishingly melodic.

"Catalyst" track listing:

01. Inceptum
02. Catalyst
03. Cynic Dreams
04. The Chosen Ones
05. Illuminatum
06. My Own Deception
07. Into Oblivion
08. Impetus
09. Gravity Well
10. The Ageless Heart Of Memory
11. Exiled
12. Communion

PROTOTYPE's last album, "Continuum", was released in 2006 and featured the song "The Way It Ends", which appeared in the best-selling music video game of all time "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock".

PROTOTYPE is:

Vince Levalois - Vocals/Guitar
Kragen Lum - Guitar
Kirk Scherer - Bass
Pat Magrath - Drums

Prototype - Catalyst Prototypecatalyst
headbanger

First time I ever heard this band. Pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:02 pm

I have the Cloned and Trinity cds. Haven't spun them in awhile. I didn't know they were still together.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:27 pm

nevermore wrote:
I have the Cloned and Trinity cds. Haven't spun them in awhile. I didn't know they were still together.

I have Trinity and I too haven't spun it in a while. I did enjoy it though so I may just get the new one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Lance from Nightmare sent me a promo and it is killer!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:20 pm

For those who like Prototype's thrashy cousin, Psychosis, they have a Kickstarter thing going to fund a new EP. It's already funded and ending in 21 hours, but I just found out about it so I figured I'd post it here.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/psychosis/psychosis-by-our-hand-ep

Prototype - Catalyst Psychosis%20-%20By%20Our%20Hand%20EP%20Cover%20-%20Almost%20Final.large

A measly $10 gets you an EP. Well worth it. This is a fantastic band!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Thanks for sharing that Psychosis stuff Eyesore. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype - Catalyst   Prototype - Catalyst Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype - Catalyst
Page 1 of 1