Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Grave Digger Sept. 11

Go down 
+10
Alex Dee Rokket
DallasBlack
Andy
Orion Crystal Ice
krokus
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
From this thread, I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed Liberty or Death. Story of my life, I always seem to enjoy the hated ones.

I also enjoy it - I don't think it is GD's best album but like I said in my earlier post, it has some really strong songs (for me: Silent Revolution) though also some less than memorable and crafty songs. Overall I would rate this higher than Rheingold but probably not as high as I rate Excalibur (which is my favorite of theirs). If on par with any of their other releases - I would say Liberty & Death sits somewhere between The Grave Digger and Last Supper.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Cool, from your post I know the first two classic GD albums I'm going to get: Excalibur and the s/t (I have-and enjoy-Last Supper).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Excalibur is really epic sounding, aggressive, speedy basically everything Grave Digger became in the 90s amplified by ... eleven lol

The self-titled is one of their most unique post-80s albums that doesn't get mentioned often enough imo. The dark doomy vibe on it is something that GD haven't really delved as much into since this album yet it also retains the band's speed power metal signature.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Why won't this band just die already?
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:32 am

I do not have any CDs from this band. I am pretty much totally unfamiliar with their music. Sounds like they are worth checking out.

Which album would be a good place to start? What I mean is, I would listen to the album at least 3 times through, and I want to know which one would be the best for determining if I should even go further into their discography.

I think that intelligent songwriting and heaviness and speed are the things that attract me the most. I don't need as much heaviness and speed if a band can write good songs. And if a band is somewhat competent at writing songs, a bit of speed and heaviness can help push them into my liking.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:25 pm

'Heart of Darkness', 'Ballads of a Hangman', 'Tunes of War', for the variance and well-rounded excellence found in those.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Start with, Excalibeeeeeeeeeeeer. Tunes is also excellent. I'm partial to Rheingold also but many put it down the list.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39736

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:30 pm

I just got Rheingold not too long ago and I think it's excellent.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Must be something to do with our age.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Could be
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:05 pm

'Rheingold' destroys also!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37676

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
'Rheingold' destroys also!

It sure does!
New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 19d1147761251-beer-ballparks-rheingold-beer-bottles-1963-2

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Start with, Excalibeeeeeeeeeeeer. Tunes is also excellent. I'm partial to Rheingold also but many put it down the list.

Those are excellent albums. I thought Ballads and Liberty were not as strong as some of the above but they do release good stuff on the whole. Tunes of War is my favorite of the post-Digger albums.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:07 pm

So I got the 'Home at Last' EP from the store the other day, and I really hate to say this, but I am just not feeling this EP. This is cruise control Grave Digger, when heavy speed/power does not excite me at all there is something very wrong. Also what is going on with the murky production? The Skyliner record sounds far better than this (no small feat either way, it's just that GD is 25+ years old and on Napalm).
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:19 pm

I felt Last Supper was on cruise control, hope this isn't the same.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
So I got the 'Home at Last' EP from the store the other day, and I really hate to say this, but I am just not feeling this EP. This is cruise control Grave Digger, when heavy speed/power does not excite me at all there is something very wrong. Also what is going on with the murky production? The Skyliner record sounds far better than this (no small feat either way, it's just that GD is 25+ years old and on Napalm).

Yea I felt the same way. Hopefully the album will have better songs

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:29 pm

I enjoyed the song 'Home at Last'.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Thankfully the album does have better songs! listening to it now and I think its better than the previous one.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Thankfully the album does have better songs! listening to it now and I think its better than the previous one.

wow. I hope that is true for me too because i really enjoyed the last one.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:43 am

I preorder this one and its on my way. I hope to get it soon.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:34 am

I really need to catch up on these guys. I don't have the last 3 or so releases by them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9893

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:33 am

Great album.

Can't stop spinning it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:32 pm

I need to get some more listens in before I buy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Grave Digger Sept. 11
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2