Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Grave Digger Sept. 11

Go down 
+10
Alex Dee Rokket
DallasBlack
Andy
Orion Crystal Ice
krokus
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Empty
PostSubject: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:03 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Clash-Gods-Grave-Digger/dp/B008CVIS8K/ref=pd_sim_m_1
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Another one I want to get. I haven't been disappointed by them yet. I'm falling behind on these guy's releases though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Cool. I sort of hope they get away from the concept albums and just write a kick-ass heavy metal record.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:45 pm

I think some of their best albums are conceptual. Tunes of War, Excalibur and Rheingold are excellent.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I think some of their best albums are conceptual. Tunes of War, Excalibur and Rheingold are excellent.

Sure, but those albums are 10+ years old and they've released a slew of less memorable albums since then. I'd just like to hear them do some cheesy 'ol heavy metal like those old 80's albums.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:49 pm

just got the home at last ep today. its ok. I gotta give it more listens. They also have the new album available autographed at amazon.de

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:05 pm

love it!!! i enjoyed the last one a lot and will get this one.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 am

It is a conceptual album about ancient Griece. The singer is a big fan of their history and went on holiday to that country many times the last 30 years.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:24 am

Check out 'Ballads of a Hangman' Ult, that one is completely killer and is not a connected concept record. And definitely some 80's or 'The Reaper' era stuff in there.. 'Stormrider', 'Hell of Disillusion'..
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:51 am

Quote :

Dark Horseman wrote:

Sure, but those albums are 10+ years old and they've released a slew of less memorable albums since then. I'd just like to hear them do some cheesy 'ol heavy metal like those old 80's albums.

That'd be cool too but they haven't let me down yet.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:53 pm

AMG reviewed the EP and summed it up as generic and lackluster. I love Grave Digger, but their inconsistency is a serious drag. I'll still probably check out the new album though, I'm a sucker for awesome album art.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm still not sold on the new guitar player, Axel. Manny was so much better.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Yeah, I miss what Manny brought to GD.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :

Dark Horseman wrote:

That'd be cool too but they haven't let me down yet.

me neither. I thought the Clans will Rise Again was fantastic.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:13 pm

I've liked the last three so this is a no brainer for me. Though I still need to get more of their classic albums.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:11 am

Grave Digger have been on a roll over the last decade and a half. They appear to be releasing albums every two years, and at times every consecutive year. For a band that started about 30 years ago that is a lot of releases. However, during the 80s GD did not enjoy the sort of success shared by other metal bands, especially other German bands the likes of Helloween, Accept, Kreator etc.

For me, GD started to stand out from the pack during the mid 90s. The first album of theirs I bought was Tunes of War and that was around the time Excalibur came out. Hearing both of those albums in the late 90s was a unique experience for me, especially when contrasted to other power metal bands at the time. Both were fast, aggressive and yet epic sounding. That combination was not often found among the power metal bands of the day. At the time my only point of a reference of a band remotely resembling GD was Blind Guardian, and in many ways I saw GD as a step up from BG - still epic but far more aggressive.

GD's golden decade was definitely the 90s. Every album released by the band during that period further cemented GD's legacy. After Excalibur things can get a bit hit and miss for me. Both the Grave Digger and the Last Supper are excellent albums, both are consistent and the delivery is nearly flawless. Then there are a few somewhat, spotty albums like Rheingold and Liberty or Death - both have their slew of great songs but also some very forgettable moments, verging on filler material. I tend to like Liberty or Death better especially because of the song Silent Revolution which I think has a timeless GD signature sound - it could have been released on any of their post-80s albums and it would sound as good no matter what.

The last 2 albums - Ballads of a Hangman and Clans Will Rise Again feel more or less like an attempt to re-create a couple of GD's older classic albums. The feel on Ballads is similar to the Grave Digger, dark, atmospheric and heavy; whilst Clans is more or less Tunes of War Pt 2 sans Rebellion (The Clans are Marching). Both Ballads and Clans are solid albums definitely better than Liberty but again both seem to lack that well rounded consistent songwriting of GD's 90s albums.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:05 am

see I thought 'Liberty or Death' is like their worst record, easily. I definitely agree they hit their stride when they came back with 'The Reaper' and all that stuff that followed.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:25 am

I have become a fan of Grave Digger.

I ordered The clans will rise again, and will make sure to get the new one.

I hope there are some great speed metal tunes on this one, as always.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:04 pm

They have also a couple of cool live dvds that everybody should check out (LIVE IN BRAZIL, at WACKEN, at a spanish metal festival MACHINA (comes with the mini cd PRAY) etc.....
I have seen them live 4 times and they always kicked ass, in the 90s and a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Quote :
I'd just like to hear them do some cheesy 'ol heavy metal like those old 80's albums.

"WEEEEE WANNA RAWK YAAAAAAA!
WE WANNA ROLLLLL YAAAAAAAA!
WEEEEEEEEEE-ARRRRRRRRRGH!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 pm

SEE ZE KIDS, HOTFORROCK, HOT FOR US
MAKE ZE SHOW, NOW FOR YOU, HEAVY METAL
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:15 pm

KEEEEEEEEP ON RAWKIIIIIIIIN'
KEEEEEEEEP ON RAWKIIIIIIIIN'

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:58 pm

You guys off your meds again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 pm

I honestly don't think I've heard anything by this band since Heavy Metal Breakdown and Witch Hunter in the 80s. Before I joined this board I had assumed they had broken up years ago.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:18 pm

From this thread, I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed Liberty or Death. Story of my life, I always seem to enjoy the hated ones.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Grave Digger Sept. 11   New Grave Digger Sept. 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Grave Digger Sept. 11
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next