Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome

Go down 
+3
Hamer12
mc666
Eyesore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Empty
PostSubject: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:42 pm

New album coming in September!

Quote :
After 20 years of Hardcore, Pro-Pain have recorded a new full length studio album at Little Creek Recording Studio in Gelterkinden Switzerland with Producer V.O. Pulver! The album is called "Straight To The Dome"!!

European release date is September 9th on CD, Special Edition CD (w/ bonus tracks) and Limited Edition Vinyl via Sunny Bastards!

North American release is September 25th via Goomba Music / eOne Music!

PRO-PAIN "Straight To The Dome" CD Song Order / Track List:

Straight To The Dome
Payback
Nothing Left
Bitter Pill
Pure Hatred
Sucks To Be You
Bloodlust For War
A Good Day To Die
Fallen Son
Judge
Zugabe!
No samples yet, but this is a no-brainer purchase for me. About the album, Gary Meskil said, "We intended to make an old-school PRO-PAIN album with this one, and I think that this is perhaps our most sonically brutal effort since 'The Truth Hurts'. Having said that, the album does have a few tasteful melodic moments here and there, which in my opinion contribute to its depth and diversity."

Word. headbanger
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:21 pm

sounds like it's gonna be a heavy one. i'm in.

Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 pm

No doubts here also, Pro Pain can do no wrong!!
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Hamer12 wrote:

They had a couple of 'misses' that wasn't up to my liking (10th Crusade and No End in Sight) But immediately rebounded in "Absolute Power", they're one of the most consistent band in my book...Too bad the'yre not a 'hit' here in this forum
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:27 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Hamer12 wrote:

They had a couple of 'misses' that wasn't up to my liking (10th Crusade and No End in Sight) But immediately rebounded in "Absolute Power", they're one of the most consistent band in my book...Too bad the'yre not a 'hit' here in this forum
I can see some fans not liking No End in Sight, as there are some "experimental" tracks, but Age of Tyranny is so bad-ass. What's not to like about that one?

Pretty a lot of people on this forum like them, too.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Hamer12 wrote:

but Age of Tyranny is so bad-ass. What's not to like about that one?

I prefer the traditional / Classic Pro-Pain sound, that's about it
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:18 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Hamer12 wrote:

Right, but that album has it. At least I think so. Of course, what is a classic Pro-Pain sound? They've always changed things up a bit for each album.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Hamer12 wrote:

Right, but that album has it. At least I think so. Of course, what is a classic Pro-Pain sound? They've always changed things up a bit for each album.

If we have to discuss the subjectivity of music again, like what is supposed to sound 'Classic' or not, we would go on for days , different strokes for diffrent folks they say Laughing "Tyranny" was peppered with punk/nu metal-ish riffs, which, apparently is an ingredient that I hate...However, there were subtle changes in that past albums that bear similarities with "Tyranny" and "No End" but are hardly annoying (that's just me of course)and every Metal band passes thru a phase where they want to expand their fanbase by introducing a whole lotta different sound (The Big 4 for example)

So here's my definition of it

Classic Pro-Pain sound = Chuggy, Thrashy and Angry...Pound For Pound Baby!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:13 am

I think you need to listen to Age of Tyranny again, man. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:57 am

These guys waste no time making albums... Can't wait to hear the new one.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:09 am

Cant ever go wrong with Pro-Pain. I've enjoyed every single album because that "heavy connecting of the Pro-Pain sound" is always there. Love these guys...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:32 am

New song, "Payback," streaming here:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177952

headbanger
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:56 am

sounds decent enough to me.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:56 am

Anyone heard this album yet? It's sick! One of their best, I think.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:31 am

yep, best one in a while & i've pretty much liked them all.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Just the song titles alone and the fact it is Pro-Pain sells it for me. Surprised I haven't seen this one at any of my usual cd places. Guess I'll have to go the online route. Samples sound great.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:06 pm

jstate wrote:
Just the song titles alone and the fact it is Pro-Pain sells it for me. Surprised I haven't seen this one at any of my usual cd places. Guess I'll have to go the online route. Samples sound great.
Yeah, these guys have a tiny fan base in the US. The album is probably selling a ton in Germany, though. Unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:16 pm

This album was actually a little of a letdown for me. The aggression is there but with that comes the lack of connectivity and I don't seem to remember any of the songs nearly as I would their older material. They all just seem to sound too similar with the same time signatures.

That being said it's not a bad release it's just not a Pro-Pain album im going to play more then Contents, S/t, Truth Hurts, Prophets of Doom, Act of God, and No End in Sight...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome   Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pro-Pain - Straight To The Dome
Page 1 of 1