Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion

Go down 
+27
corplhicks
martinsane
Boris2008
journeyman
Wayne
springozzy
steelerbrian
Dark Horseman
Wurthless
DeathCult
Lazlo Toth
Psychotron
A Handful of Wayne
Olafsto
Sutekh
Wargod
EmoElmo
exact33
Temple of Blood
DallasBlack
arachnoplasma
snooloui
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:46 am

Olafsto wrote:
Already ordered it. I like what i hear so far!

Yep - me too!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Ok just listened to most of this and the singer kills it. Hes too weak. Also does anyone feel this sounds like bruce dickinsons solo albums? I think I'm gonna hold off on this one. Thankfully I didnt have high hopes for this to begin with.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
It's streaming:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/steve-harris-british-lion-full-album-streaming-exclusively-on-metal-hammer/

Anyone else having problems hearing this? The player won't work for me. I clicked on the song titles, nothing. I clicked on the 'play' button, nothing.

Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
It's streaming:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/steve-harris-british-lion-full-album-streaming-exclusively-on-metal-hammer/

Anyone else having problems hearing this? The player won't work for me. I clicked on the song titles, nothing. I clicked on the 'play' button, nothing.

I was running into the same thing, but I just kept pressing play and it did.

I didn't really pick up for me until the middle. The singer kinda brings it down a bit as he sounds too "normal" I suppose. There really isn't much character to his voice. This needs a couple listens to get a better feeling of it.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
It's streaming:

This isn't the first time you've had problems with those types of plug-ins, you had similar issues when trying to preview the High On Fire album earlier this year.

I listened to a few minutes of it, but the bit-rate was so low on the upload that I'll wait until I can preview a better sounding copy. Kevin Shirley mixes always suck anyway, couple that with a low bit rate and it's torture. LOL.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:12 pm

I dig it. I wasnt expecting maiden and this is pretty good.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:39 am

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
It's streaming:

This isn't the first time you've had problems with those types of plug-ins, you had similar issues when trying to preview the High On Fire album earlier this year.

Yea, it could be my work computer. If I remember, I'll try checking it out on the home PC this weekend.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Lazlo Toth

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Sounds pretty solid. The singer does feel a little weak , but the bass is way out in front. But then again, it's Harris, right where he should be.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:29 pm

It's boring.

I think some here were hoping for some 70s-ish prog rock. This is not it.

This is beneath Steve.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Can't comment as it doesn't work for me. I get the article but at the bottom I get a square that says, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:23 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Can't comment as it doesn't work for me. I get the article but at the bottom I get a square that says, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Easy fix.. STOP USING INTERNET EXPLORER lol!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
It's boring.

I think some here were hoping for some 70s-ish prog rock. This is not it.

This is beneath Steve.

Yea i feel the same way. I thought he did say it was suppose to be more along those lines? Oh well I wasn't expecting much of this and I'm glad I didn't.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Definately not what I was expecting. Not digging it much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:19 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Definately not what I was expecting. Not digging it much.

Same here. Based on his influences, I was expecting this to be very good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Easy fix.. STOP USING INTERNET EXPLORER lol!

Tried it on Google Chrome and it worked (after refreshing the page three times). Not bad, the music is melodic and pretty memorable. I had no idea what to expect despite what Steve Harris said beforehand so there was no way for me to be dissapointed. I was ready to accept what everyone here said about the vocalist but I didn't find his voice unpleasant. Sure it was not a powerful voice, but this music does not exactly call for a Bruce or Halford. The guy is a good singer albiet not a great singer and the music is enough to keep me interested. That being said, I don't have plans on ordering it (there's just way to many stuff left this year) but if Best Buy carries it or I find it at one of my usual used CD haunts I'd pick it up.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:59 am

That's where I am, it's not bad but not something i'm going to work hard to get.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:42 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
That's where I am, it's not bad but not something i'm going to work hard to get.

Same here. I finally got to hear a little and while it certainly wasn't terrible, it wasn't anything great either. If I saw it cheap, I'd probably grab it, but I'm not in any rush to do so.

Metal novice
Metal novice
steelerbrian

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Ok just listened to most of this and the singer kills it. Hes too weak. Also does anyone feel this sounds like bruce dickinsons solo albums? I think I'm gonna hold off on this one. Thankfully I didnt have high hopes for this to begin with.
I did expect something good to come from this debut album. Today I istened to 5 songs and sorry to say, I thought only one of them was even bearable to listen to. Singing is weak, songs are either cheezy, boring, or both. I'd still check out their 2nd effort if it ever happens, but this one didn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com/
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:04 am

Steve Harris was on Rockline Wed Night you can catched the interview here

http://rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:19 am

I'm listening to this at the moment and while it's not terrible it is guilty of the worst crime an album can commit, it's boring.

None of the songs are particularly memorable. Don't mind the singer but I'm just not feeling it from any of the songs.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Just bought this alone with Maiden England. I didn't know what to expect and didn't listen to any of the advance clips. I'm a bit surprised, but I like it. The vocals seem a little pushed back at times. This is such a change for Steve. The songs are good and different. I sort of expected a Maiden sound and this is not at all. So far it's had a couple of spins and each time I hear different things. Can't say I would have picked this up out of the blue, so the fact that I wanted to like it slants my view. The artwork is cool and the lyrics are of a more personal perspective than I expected. All in all I think it is good offering from Steve. My only comment is the vocals which I can't decide if I like or not.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:08 am

S.D. wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't see why he needs to do this. IRON MAIDEN is his band!

It just makes me think that maybe MAIDEN has slipped out of his control which does not bode well for their future output. He wrote their best songs by far.

Because if he recorded an album of 70's style rock under the Maiden moniker you'd have metalheads from the world over bitching and bitching and bitching.

I'm looking forward to hearing another side of Harris' songwriting, I'm sure he's got other sides to his musical personality that he'd like to express outside what would fit in Maiden.

All of this! Steve Harris will never lose control of Maiden, but he understands that there are expectations from a Maiden release and he wants to do something different.

I'll definitely check it out, he's a very good songwriter and I've got tremendous respect for him.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:58 pm

I didn't mind the cd at all. Reminded me of Badlands with a Soundgarden twist (at least in the first handful of tracks). The 2nd half of the disc is better imho.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:29 pm

I still like it - I wasn't expecting anything Maiden like. I have some friends that caught the tour and they said the songs are much better live.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 am

Just heard it. Horrible tripe. Wasn't expecting Maiden either, but all I could hear was shit. It was basic, derivative modern rock with essentially no ear for a decent hook. Worse yet is Steve's involvement is limited--his trademark bass runs are only occasional here. I think if they were to eliminate his name from the cover art that it would make more sense. This is just another startup that Steve was around to contribute to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion   Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Harris Side/Solo album - British Lion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next