Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ashes of Ares

Go down 
+14
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
MetalRob331
krokus
exact33
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
kmorg
mc666
Eyesore
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
This has some strong song. But also a bunch of filler.
I disagree. It got better and better with each listen. Now I absolutely love it. Every song. Great album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:07 am

I got this CD for my son for Christmas...of course I ripped it to my own iTunes as well. I really like it...Barlow sounds great...the songs have a really good vibe. Good melodic Heavy Metal record...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I got this CD for my son for Christmas...of course I ripped it to my own iTunes as well. I really like it...Barlow sounds great...the songs have a really good vibe. Good melodic Heavy Metal record...

Yeah, I love this album. It did take some repeated listens for it to really click, but I think I was expecting something faster. Once I got over that, I loved every second of it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:07 am

It almost made my top 10. In fact, in retrospect it should at least be where I put Dream Theater. My ritual when I go on my jobs is to throw on Ashes of Ares first when I leave. It's great stuff. I hope they do another album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 3:20 pm

While binging on Amazon Prime music, I came across this and added it to the library.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:42 pm

New album came out today!

Though that might be Europe or something. Amazon shows the release date as next Friday.

Whatever the case, it sounds awesome! They released the two ballads below before this track, which was...odd. I was worried the album was going to be all ballads, but going by the Amazon samples it seems that those are the only two.

Bizarre choices for lead-off singles, but they're good ballads at least. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Man this is one heavy song. I think i am gonna buy the album!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 10:49 am

The Alien is pretty good, not really into the ballads though they're not terrible. I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 11:37 pm

So what is your verdict on the new album? I still need to get it. Will include it in my next Amazon order for sure.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 7:39 pm

I like it, nothing groundbreaking but good power metal.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Gilbert wrote:
So what is your verdict on the new album? I still need to get it. Will include it in my next Amazon order for sure.

Haven't bought it yet. Too pricey. Seems that it's only an import right now. Not sure why a bigger label didn't want to put this out. =(
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 11:53 am

Anyone finally get this? I forgot about it until it stumbled across my YT. Giving it a fresh listen and am enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 2:06 pm

I got this album a while ago and i loved it. Vocals are outstanding headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Yup. It's excellent. Barlow is still a beast!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2022 1:03 am

anyone picked up the new Ashes of Ares album emperors and fools?

Got it in the mail last week. Spinning it for the second time today. Awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashes of Ares   Ashes of Ares - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashes of Ares
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3