Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vgmaster9
Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads Empty
PostSubject: Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads   Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Does anyone else think that these subcultures are the most competitive with each other? Punks listen to punk rock and hardcore, goths listen to things like gothic rock, post-punk, and dark wave, metalheads listen to different forms of heavy metal, and rivetheads listen to things like electro-industrial, electronic body music, and industrial rock. Do you think that we metalheads are a subculture that is as profound as the other three are?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads   Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:15 pm

I really havent thought about it. I never saw music as a competition.

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads   Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 pm

I believe 'rivetheads' was used back in the early 80s on an Iron Maiden album to describe their fans. Definitions aside, people like what they like, rather than compete against other groups. I don't care if someone dyes their hair green, orange and purple and plays punk music whilst styling their hair -it doesn't make me want to blast my music any louder or tell them their music sucks. I'm not at all fussed by it, nor would I bother looking for profundity in the metal subculture. In short, I don't need to legitimise what I like or what I do.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads   Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:14 pm

I've always believed that being into any form of music makes you cool in my book. Doesn't matter the genre or style - just love something and support it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads   Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Punks, Goths, Metalheads, and Rivetheads
Page 1 of 1