Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Early Scorpions - Suggestions?

Go down 
+12
journeyman
brontotex
mr.electric39
Wargod
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
the sentinel
KissinMaiden
candlemass
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 1:39 pm

I had Virgin Killers. It was OK, but nothing special, IMO. It never encouraged me to go back any further.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:06 pm

Ult made the perfect list. I would add Lovedrive if you don't have it. It's one of my favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:53 pm

taken by force
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 1:13 pm

1.Fly To The Rainbow
2.In Trance
3.Virgin Killer
4.Taken By Force
5.Tokyo Tapes

Those are where I'd start out. The AXE KILLER label actually just remastered FLY TO THE RAINBOW, IN TRANCE, and VIRGIN KILLER all together on the same collection. It's called The Back To Black collection. It's about $40 but, it's definately worth it for the sound and the original cover art the yrestored to the albums. My only complaint about it is that they took the FLY TO THE RAINBOW album and broke it up as bonus tracks between the two other albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:37 am

Welp, thanks to Spectrefate, I have finally begun exploring the 70s Scorpions stuff via a trade for his copy of VIRGIN KILLER... I've listened to it a couple of times over the last day or two and I definitely dig. It's a little "spacier" sounding than their later material (i.e. less tight, a little "jammier" if that makes any sense), my fave tracks at the moment have been "Pictured Life" and the title track.

By the way, who is singing lead vox on "Hell Cat" and "Polar Nights?" Is that Uli Jon Roth? Cuz it sure as heck isn't Klaus Meine. Whoever it is, he sounds like Kermit the Frog.

So where do I go next? Anybody got a copy of TAKEN BY FORCE or IN TRANCE that they wanna unload?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:05 am

FF, glad you like it. PM me a trade list sometime. Maybe we can make a deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:14 am

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
How about all of them? =)

I really dig Lonesome Crow, by the way.

I like Lonesome Crow as well, but you have to admit, it's a very different album than anything else they have recorded since.

ult

Very true. I heard 'Lonesome Crow' for the first time about 5 years ago...it was kinda strange thinking it was Scorpions I was hearing...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 12:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Welp, thanks to Spectrefate, I have finally begun exploring the 70s Scorpions stuff via a trade for his copy of VIRGIN KILLER... I've listened to it a couple of times over the last day or two and I definitely dig. It's a little "spacier" sounding than their later material (i.e. less tight, a little "jammier" if that makes any sense), my fave tracks at the moment have been "Pictured Life" and the title track.

By the way, who is singing lead vox on "Hell Cat" and "Polar Nights?" Is that Uli Jon Roth? Cuz it sure as heck isn't Klaus Meine. Whoever it is, he sounds like Kermit the Frog.

So where do I go next? Anybody got a copy of TAKEN BY FORCE or IN TRANCE that they wanna unload?

Yep, it's Roth on those two.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 12:36 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Thanx for the info. The booklet is rather skimpy on this particular CD, not much in the way of liner notes/credits, so I was simply making a wild guess.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 12:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Thanx for the info. The booklet is rather skimpy on this particular CD, not much in the way of liner notes/credits, so I was simply making a wild guess.

That was why I had mentioned the Back To Black collection it offers a little more info and all three of the albums have remastered sound, but tradings cheaper. I'd go with "In Trance" next if I were you, but "Taken By Force" is great as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early Scorpions - Suggestions?   Early Scorpions - Suggestions? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early Scorpions - Suggestions?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2