Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flyleaf..... any takers

Go down 
+11
sam
mc666
manny
DeathCult
Todd Jaymz
KissinMaiden
7thSecond
Wargod
GrandNational
ultmetal
mr.electric39
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Flyleaf.....  any takers Empty
PostSubject: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 9:52 pm

I've never been a huge fan of female vocals for metal.....(ducks from all the tomatos and lettuce coming his way....). granted I don't hate 'em but they do have to grow on me..

That said, this band is pretty darn good. Good hooks and heaviness.... Fully Alive... great song...

Any one else?
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:00 pm

I've not heard them. Their name makes me think they are some sort of nu-metal or metalcore band. What do they sound like?

Last edited by on Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:35 pm

Yeah you'd say "nu-metal" I suppose. I normally turn my nose to alot of that, but I thought they were pretty good.

Definatley not metal-core. Yet I wonder how do we define 'Hard Rock'..... They are Christians, touring on the 'Family Values Tour' with Korn and whoever else.... They make no pretense about their faith...

A link....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zL3dqdxUg
video for the song 'I'm so Sick'.... pretty good but I like the other tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWVX9Yi4M5E
'fully alive'..... much better....

Might not be cup of tea Ult..... My boys got me hooked on these tunes along with some Demon Hunter and Day Of Fire..
what can I say huh???

Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:54 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
My boys got me hooked on these tunes along with some Demon Hunter and Day Of Fire..
what can I say huh???

Smile

Enjoy! It's all about what you like, not what others like bro.

ult
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:55 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I've not heard them. Their name makes me think they are some sort of nu-metal or metalcore band. What do they sound like?

Ult, you hit the nail on the head. Stay away!!! I guarantee you will hate this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:52 am

GrandNational wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Ult, you hit the nail on the head. Stay away!!! I guarantee you will hate this.
I find it hard to call a band nu-metal with a female singer. A screamer, such as the chick in Kittie, lends itself better to the nu-metal tag, whereas a singer makes it come off more an alt-rock band. And I hear Flylead as a good alt-rock band at that, I think. There are some times where they sort of touch upon nu-metal, but mostly they're more mellow than that tag suggests.

I'M SO SICK (Nu-metalish...love that scream!)
FULLY ALIVE

What I dislike about the band is that their EP and full-length are self-titled! Haha. Lame.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 8:17 am

Thanks for the samples.

"I'm so sick, I'm so sick"...Indeed! BLECH! :puke:

Man, I just cannot get into that style of modern pop rock, nu-metal, metalcore or whatever you label it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 7:49 pm

I had it for the radio song but I got rid of it!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 8:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Thanks for the samples.

"I'm so sick, I'm so sick"...Indeed! BLECH! sick

Man, I just cannot get into that style of modern pop rock, nu-metal, metalcore or whatever you label it.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

comedy !
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Thanks for the samples.

"I'm so sick, I'm so sick"...Indeed! BLECH! sick

Told you brother you'd hate it Cool
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:59 am

One of the better newer bands around I think. I give this one a spin occassionally. Very unique and powerful voice Lacey has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 5:15 pm

yeah, I myself think that rock and the true metal is about to fade away. There are few who still hold the lable in truth, but they won´t be here forever. Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne, and others like deep purpleand such bands that still stand. Metallica has already fell to the producing companier Bob Rock. He has destroyed them. James And Lars were just too greedy for money, and so they changed for that. I myself am stuck in the 70´s and 80´s for music. Everything has changed. Everything will change. Then we will grow older and the real rock will be forgotton by most. The new age will linger on, until another come to take its place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 5:18 pm

thewalkofman wrote:
yeah, I myself think that rock and the true metal is about to fade away. There are few who still hold the lable in truth, but they won´t be here forever. Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne, and others like deep purpleand such bands that still stand. Metallica has already fell to the producing companier Bob Rock. He has destroyed them. James And Lars were just too greedy for money, and so they changed for that. I myself am stuck in the 70´s and 80´s for music. Everything has changed. Everything will change. Then we will grow older and the real rock will be forgotton by most. The new age will linger on, until another come to take its place.
Oh? How is it possible that you know all these things about Metallica?
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 5:30 pm

don't be so pessimistic, real metal is making a comeback and metal has been around the 90's and Double 0's. Metallica in no such way has ever held the true metal flag, i'll give that to Manowar or someone else.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:53 pm

Now days the lines seem to blur even more than they did even 5 years ago. I'd say more Nu Rock than Metal. The album is ok, not a fav but nothing band to say either-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 10:41 am

I am a metal freak. I find the latest news of every band that a like alot. Napster man. Napster was shut down by a few groups, and one was Metallica. They are greedy man! And one question, you said ´How do you know all this stuff about metallica´. I have a question, How do you know it is not true?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Her voice makes me want to choke her to death. sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 7:11 pm

I bought their self titled album on a whim at Walmart when it was priced at 6.99 awhile ago, and I loved it, and it nice to hear a vocalist in a modern rock band sing melodies. Lacey Mosley's lyrics I find very interesting, not often do you hear songs where somebody admits they struggle with their faith.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 7:26 pm

they are a pretty good modern rock band.

sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 7:45 pm

I wish they would die, simple as that
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 9:15 pm

sam wrote:
I wish they would die, simple as that
I wish the next time you fart your anus inverts like a brown Slip-n-Slide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:39 pm

This is one of those groups my kids play that I can listen to so in that sense their ok.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:39 pm

lol! Laughing very hard Flyleaf.....  any takers 647664

My girlfriend listens to this band. I got Rock Band and when she plays it she always picks this song and she actually sings it just like she does but the only thing she cant do is that scream. As for me I dont like the band. I dont mind females in metal just as long as their good and fit with the music. I listen to a bunch of female fronted bands.. oh wait im in one too Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:15 am

I saw a few songs of their set in Calistone and bought the cd for my daughter. Not my cup of tea, but they are a good band. I don't mind them.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:00 am

This stuff is crap. Ever since The Cranberries and Alannis Morrisette that cracking voice thing has become popular. It's all marketing for guys to crush on the girl singer and the girls to feel more a part of rock music. There have been some legit female metal singers like Doro but this is just corporate crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf..... any takers   Flyleaf.....  any takers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flyleaf..... any takers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next