Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your Audio Set-up?

Go down 
+4
thejokeriv
chewie
Fat Freddy
EmoElmo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

What's your Audio Set-up? Empty
PostSubject: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:07 am

While this set-up is definitely nowhere near "Audiophile" standards, I'm kinda satisfied with it for the pure digital convenience it brings...Metal Is The Law Baby headbanger

Here's mine, everything is 'docked' thru my ancient 300 pmpo bi-Amp PANASONIC CD Player

2x iPod Classic 6th Gen 160 GB
iPod Classic 5th Gen 120 GB
iPod Touch 3rd Gen 32 GB for Internet Radio
Sennheiser HD-448

Packard Bell Netbook + 5OO GB
2 Terabyte HDD - For LOSSLESS

What's Yours? Very Happy

What's your Audio Set-up? 7174416338_767fcdfb2d_z
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:38 am

I have a CD player in my car, and a cheap-o boom box on my desk at work.

That's it. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:59 am

Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

In the living room:

Dual 1219 Turntable
Dual 1215-S Turntable
Kenwood KD-3055 Turntable
Sony STR-DE 597 Receiver
Sony MDS JE-440 Minidisc Player/Recorder
Yamaha CDR-D651 Player/Recorder
Sony CDP-C20 5 disc carousel(my first cd player. It still works just fine)
Technics RS-TR155 Dual cassette deck (I've been driving the minivan, so this has come in handy to put a lot of cds on cassette to listen in that car)
Yamaha Speakers NS-A635(that I bought in the early 90s. They have a great bass response that is lost in these days of having to have a subwoofer) as front and rear surround speakers.
Yamaha NS-A636 as a center channel speaker.
A cheapo brand subwoofer......... Regent

Portable:

1957 Magnavox Portable Phono in my drum/music room
1959 Magnavox Portable in my bedroom(I so wanna play some Doom Metal on this thing!!! but the tracking force is pretty high.)
Ipod 80g
Sony minidisc player
Sony minidisc player/recorder (I was big into this technology in the late90s early00s)
Emerson Radio with a cd and tape player in the bedroom
The PC is in the bedroom as well so I can play tunes off of the HD trhu itunes.

Car Stereo:
A Kenwood that plays regular and mp3 cds and also has a aux input that I use for the Ipod.

I also was given a Pioneer SX-450 that I fixed up and it sounds really nice. I'm still thinking of doing a recap. It's supposed to go in the boy's room, but...........

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:11 am

Amp - Yamaha HTR-5130 (1999 model with built-in phono pre-amp)

CD/DVD/blu-ray - Panasonic DMP-BD65 blu-ray player, the only disc drive I use.

Digital files, recording, digital editing & streaming - 2010 Apple Mac Mini hooked into main stereo system & HDTV.

Turntable - Technics SL-1800MK2.

Speakers - Bose 201 bookshelf speakers, mid 80s. - These are temporary, I'm shopping around for some good studio monitors to eventually replace these. I used to have a nice set of Bose tower speakers but they were too big to lug here from Austin in the car. These old bookshelf speakers sound fine, back when Bose still made high quality products.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:55 am

Home:
Denon AVR-1910 Receiver
Klipsch HD Theater 1000 5.1 Speakers (w/Sub)
Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB Turntable
Sony Blu-Ray player BDP S350 (for CD's, DVD's, Blu Ray)
Directv HD DVR - I use to play music off my networked hard drive
Denon I-Pod dock to play my Ipod through the receiver. Since I added the networked hard drive, I don't use it as much

Office: A cheap I-Pod docking station boom box

Car: Stock stereo, I plug my IPod in the AUX jack.

Edit: Klipsch S-4 Headphones
160GB iPod

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:13 pm

In my car I have a CD player and speakers.

In my room my computer is hooked up to an RCA CD/MP3 player with sepakers.

Apart from those, I have a Sony Walkman MP3 player and some headphones.

About as technical as I get.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:33 pm

I have quite a few things here at home. I got the old things from my parents, the other things through a friend who sells audio and lighting equipment and gave me good prices on it

At Home:

Ecler PAM 550 Power Amplifer
conntected to two HK Audio IL 15.1 Speakers
Ecler LPA Amp
connected to two Ecler DACORD T108i Speakers

And i have an old Marantz 4230 Radio Receiver, it was quite a journey to find some replacement lamps for that old thing as it uses a very weird format that even in the 70's was rare. It still works just fine.

Marantz 6170 Turntable
Denon DN-1800F 2-CD Player

To controll all those things i use an Pioneer DJM 600 Mixer. Which is great, except for the Faders, they are too light, i prefer the Faders Ecler uses.

I also have a Uher Royal de Luxe C Tape Recorder, as far as i know it was the pinnacle of german engineering back then when it came to reel-to-reel tape deck and was quite expensive. What i know is that is has a hell of a lot of knobs. I got it from my parenth which a big load of tapes from the 70s and early 80s. Most of it were recordings from the American Forces Network radio and there's some great rare stuff on it. Really awesome.

I have quite a few Headphones, an old Beyerdynamic, an Sennheiser HD 500 and a AKG K-271 MK II which recently replaced my old AKG K530 LTD.

My main PC is connected to some old Labtec 2.1 Speakers, they sound fine but by now the volume knob is damaged (right channels likes to drop-out, scratches, all the problems) so in the future i need something new, maybe some fancy surround thing.
My older PC is connected to some 16 year old Trust Speakers, it's awesome they still work, they're old and cheap, once we connected them to a 12V cable, when they only want 9V but even that they survived. They sound like crap though.

My Corvette has it's stock audio system. Some fancy Bose thing, which speakers everywhere and a 12x CD Changer - which is in the trunk...makes a lot of sense Wink

As for the portable stuff, i still have a 20 year old Aiwa Walkman, a 12 year old Panasonic Discman and a Creative MuVo Zen Mozaic 4GB with Koss KSC-75 Earclips (which actually sound really good)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:42 pm

Me and Fat Freddy are the only ones speaking English here. lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:43 pm

My main audio setup is in my car. I have a 12 speaker Bose system there.

My home stereo is prehistoric. Gigantic Infinity speakers, an MPX sub woofer and ancient Kenwood Amp and CD player.

I do most of my music listening in the car. My home stereo is wired into my TV so most of the time I'm watching movies on it while I'm working out.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:20 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Me and Fat Freddy are the only ones speaking English here. lol!

Of course...at least i can't speak english since i mostly use german, spanish, japanese and austrian equipment Laughing very hard
But if you want it simple: I also have a 18 year old boom box from Aiwa....fun fact: It can read CD-Rs, something my expensive Denon CD Player cant. It also plays those stupid Shape CDs (where they ever popular outside Germany? In 1995 Burger King released quite a collection of Shape CDs with pop music (they then looked like a pack of fries, a whopper or cola) and other companies soon joined, i have 4 of them and they don't work in my CD Player, they work in the old Aiwa and in my cheapo DVD-Rom in the PC (but not in the more expensive DVD Recorder)

And maybe it's a men thing but i never understand the "car stereo" hype. People may invest thousands of euro/dollars to have subwoofers and speakers and other crap in their car. Why? I at least never spend so much time in my car that it's really useful. Here in Germany it's also popular. You will see run-down VW Golfs that are already rusting but then they're "tuned" with a bigger engine and subwoofers and smurf poo....you hear them from miles away. I just don't get it. Most of the time and most people listen to music in their homes, so that should be the priority.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:37 pm

I just have a basic CD/MP3 Radio with an audio jack and cheap aftermarket speakers (one step above factory speakers) in my car. I do a lot of driving so that's why a lot of my music listening is in my car, but I'm not willing to spend a whole lot on audio equipment (doesn't leave me enough money to feed my CD and t-shirt collecting habit). Apart from that I mostly listen to music on my MP3 player at work (when I can listen to it at work-sadly with this job I can't) or while watching TV and doing stuff on my computer. I rarely just sit and listen to music, either I'm doing other things (chores, TV, on walks, etc.) or singing along.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Quote :
Most of the time and most people listen to music in their homes, so that should be the priority.

Well there you go. I spend far and away more time listening to music in my car. Always have. That was actually one of the main deciding factor when I bought my car last March; it came with a 350 watt, 12 speaker, Bose system.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:17 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Well there you go. I spend far and away more time listening to music in my car. Always have.

Interesting...i don't want to disturb your privacy but may i ask why? I guess f you're a truck driver then i surely makes sense but otherwise? I don't even use my car most of the time because doing groceries or getting into town, i either walk or use the public transportation and then i use the MP3 Player as it's sufficient on the street (the noise from cars and people blend out the weaknesses of MP3 in a way Laughing )
But i would say that i listen to music mostly at home, we have always some music running
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:21 pm

I remember back in the days when i was working in France, my Dutch employer spent some cool 50K EUROS on top-flight Audio equipments, only to have his set-up put to waste with some lousy MP3-navigator interface and all of his CDs were encoded at 160 kbps, dang....such a terrible waste Laughing
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:54 pm

A somewhat cheap stereo that plays cds and tapes I got for Christmas ten years ago at home, a cd player with some varying qualities of speakers in the car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your Audio Set-up?   What's your Audio Set-up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your Audio Set-up?
Page 1 of 1