Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Eyesore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Empty
PostSubject: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:44 pm

These gals are getting ready to release album #3, called The Mignight Chase.

Quote :
"Into The Fire", the new ColdheArt.se-created video from Swedish all-girl hard rock quartet CRUCIFIED BARBARA, can be seen below. The song comes off the band's third studio album, "The Midnight Chase", which will be released on May 23 in Japan and May 28 in Europe. A North American release via Nuclear Blast is expected this summer. The CD was recorded at Music-A-Matic Vintage Recording Studio in Gothenberg, Sweden with sound engineer Henryk Lipp and producer Chips Kiesby.

Commented guitarist/vocalist Mia Coldheart: "I've never felt this good about anything we've made before. I'm so damn proud of the new songs and the sound is better than ever. We can't wait to go on tour and perform them live!"

Formed in Stockholm in 1998 by bassist Ida Evileye (now-wife of MESHUGGAH drummer Tomas Haake) and guitarist Klara Force, CRUCIFIED BARBARA plays a fiery brand of rock 'n' roll tinged with metal and lashings of punk, pop, thrash, and whatever else dares to cross their path. Ida Evileye dominates her trusty Sandberg bass, Klara Force rocks steady on her '76 Gibson Explorer, Mia Coldheart belts out her unapologetic vocals while riffing all over her Gibson Gothic Flying V, and Nicki Wicked pounds on her hot pink sparkle Yamaha Maple drum kit until you're splayed across the floor with a bull's-eye knock-out punch that'll make you spit your teeth out. Now you know what happens when MOTÖRHEAD mates with THE RUNAWAYS.

No strangers to hard work or success, CRUCIFIED BARBARA's debut single from their 2005 debut, "In Distortion We Trust", climbed to #8 on the Swedish pop chart. They played Australia, toured across Europe opening for MOTÖRHEAD, SEPULTURA, IN FLAMES, and DORO, and earned a prestigious slot alongside BLACK SABBATH, VELVET REVOLVER, and SYSTEM OF A DOWN at the U.K.'s Download festival. With all that touring, it would be four years before the band got around to recording their second album, 2009's "'Til Death Do Us Party". Next thing you know, there they were on national television performing at the 2010 edition of Melodifestivalen, the Swedish national final for the Eurovision Song Contest.

So how did they get their name? The band members attended Denmark's legendary Roskilde Festival and came across something very unexpected in a nearby forest: a blow-up doll (generically called "Barbara" throughout Sweden) attached to a crucifix. And no, they didn't identify with the victim, they claimed the power of the aggressor right on the spot and have never looked back.

New song is damn good! Love these chicks. headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 pm

I've heard of this band before but I don't think I ever actually heard them.

This sounds right up my alley!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:22 pm

They're great. They remind me of a heavier, more metal version of The Donnas.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:33 pm

I wished they'd put this song on a proper album.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Well, look at that. A studio version is available for download on Amazon. Diggity.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Rock me like the Devil and Shut Your Mouth are two killer tracks off this album... Been getting into these LADIES after stumbling on them on Spotify and Sister Sin's related artists.. Killer album and band...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:46 pm

I was really shocked when I first heard them. Really wild and rockin. The lead vocalist has a killer voice.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:54 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I was really shocked when I first heard them. Really wild and rockin. The lead vocalist has a killer voice.

Check out the band Hydrogyn as well....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:31 am

Caught them live about a month or so ago with Crashdiet. They were really great live!! I got to meet them and they signed an 8 x 10 for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:15 am

Bump for new album info...

Swedish all-girl hard rock quartet CRUCIFIED BARBARA will release its fourth studio album, "In The Red", on September 15 via Despotz Records. The CD was recorded at Music A Matic studio in Gothenburg with producer Chips Kiesby and engineer Henryk Lip, and is the follow-up to 2012's "The Midnight Chase".

"We've been jamming ourselves bloody," the band states, "and let our emotions flow prior to recording.

"We have always been shocked by injustice and oppression, and this time, our opinions have taken an even bigger place in the songwriting."

The group adds: "This album is the best thing we've ever done musically and it feels damn good to take a clear stand against subjects like misogyny and animal rights, topics we are passionate about, through our music."

Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Crucifiedbarbaraintheredcd_0

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:40 pm

Good tune. Maybe a bit screamy, but good.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Anyone pick this up yet? The songs that I've heard are really, really, really good. Like, goosebump-inducing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase   Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase
Page 1 of 1