Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bret Michael's New Solo Album

Go down 
+14
MetalRob331
bass63
exact33
Hadley
nevermore
Getizzyback
Troublezone
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
People that resort to bashing, insulting, or being downright disrespectful in their reviews, will never earn my respect. If you don't like an album that much, why bother the time to review it?  He comes off as one of those ppl you would see comment on Loudwire about *this band is garbage* or *they suck*
Well, disliking or even hating an album does not mean one should not review it. That's nonsense. However, one can be critical and professional. And very few albums have no redeeming values. One can always find something positive about an album to counterbalance the negative.

The Internet culture, unfortunately, has turned this kind of review drivel into some sort of idiot's gold.
Well, I guess I meant in the context of, if all he has to say is nonsense, it was really a waste of time to even review it.  
So in your divine wisdom, what he has to say is nonsense so that has to be the truth! Laughing very hard 

Maybe it really is that bad? (I'm guessing that it is)
I've listened to my share of horrid music and nothing, (not even a Lil Wayne album) would ever make me type what IMO is really unnecessary...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 5:04 am

I am sure this reviewer was being more then charitable to this abomination
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 5:30 am

I'll respect him when he shows off the awesome skullet that we all know he has! Laughing very hard 

(I listened to some clips from this record and think that the reviewer was being kind)
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:30 am

I like some Poison especially the debut but I have never been able to get in to Bret's solo material. Not that I hate it or anything - it just seems really uninspired IMHO.
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:49 pm

I was under the impression that most professional web/mag reviewers don't get to choose what they review. Otherwise every review would be artists from their collection and have bias. What would be the point in that?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:24 pm

cruedevil71 wrote:
I was under the impression that most professional web/mag reviewers don't get to choose what they review. Otherwise every review would be artists from their collection and have bias. What would be the point in that?
If an album was soooo bad that all I could come up with was a review that sounds like an angry Call of Duty player.. I would just move on to the next.

This album sucks, same shit over and over, Bret Michaels should kill himself after this garbage blah blah blah... That's pretty much what I read.. It's not about him disliking it, id rather read nothing than his choice of words...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:34 pm

What is the difference between a critic like that and a fanboy's adulation ? Two sides of the same coin.

Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:09 pm

James B. wrote:
What is the difference between a critic like that and a fanboy's adulation ? Two sides of the same coin.
They cancel each other out. The truth usually resides somewhere in the middle in most cases. The review is overtly hostile but I read it as more of a humorous piece of fiction. This guy should write a Beiber review like this, just to see his fans heads explode.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:12 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
cruedevil71 wrote:
If an album was soooo bad that all I could come up with was a review that sounds like an angry Call of Duty player.. I would just move on to the next.  

This album sucks, same shit over and over, Bret Michaels should kill himself after this garbage blah blah blah... That's pretty much what I read.. It's not about him disliking it, id rather read nothing than his choice of words...

Rumor is that Mark Tremonti once passed gas in the very studio Bret recorded his latest solo opus, so the scent of greatness surrounds these recordings
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:15 pm

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
cruedevil71 wrote:

Rumor is that Mark Tremonti once passed gas in the very studio Bret recorded his latest solo opus, so the scent of greatness surrounds these recordings

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michael's New Solo Album   Bret Michael's New Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bret Michael's New Solo Album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2