Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Charm City Devils

Go down 
+5
kethdredd
exact33
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Charm City Devils  Empty
PostSubject: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:44 pm

The album "Sins" drops April 1. I loved "Let's Rock N Roll" and I like the track in this article.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/01130.shtml

Here's one from their first album:

And another:

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Been looking forward to this album. Let's RNR was very cool. Too bad they aren't on Eleven Seven anymore (same with The Last Vegas).
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Word.

Anyone ever hear the pre-CCD album/band?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:54 am

nice. Ill get this.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
nice. Ill get this.

Me too. I was lukewarm to the last one initially but it's funny how I start singing along now when one of those songs comes up during random play of my thumb drive.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
nice. Ill get this.

Me too. I was lukewarm to the last one initially but it's funny how I start singing along now when one of those songs comes up during random play of my thumb drive.

i enjoyed it from the start. good cd.

kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:28 pm

1/2 of Child's Play? I'm in! Sampled the first album, didn't grab me too much. I'll give the 2nd disc a go.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:33 pm

kethdredd wrote:
1/2 of Child's Play? I'm in! Sampled the first album, didn't grab me too much. I'll give the 2nd disc a go.

Yeah that was my initial impression too but I gotta say it really grew on me. Check out those two clips at the top of this thread. Those are from the last one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:21 pm

I liked it from the start. I think it just rocks.

kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:48 pm

I miss me some Brian Jack. He did a few poppy solo albums in the 90's and hasn't been heard from since.

In tribute:

Note John Allen and Brian Jack trade vocals on this one, IIRC John Allen sings on 3 of the tracks on Rat Race.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:17 am

The first one was a must buy for me since I was a huge Child's Play fan. It took a bit for me to get into it too. But it did grow on me a lot. Will definitely be getting the new one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:25 am

That Child's Play album is great!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:29 pm

I was very biased since they were a local band but when Rat Race came out I honestly thought they were going to be the next big thing. Even people I knew who hated "hair metal" thought that was a good rock album. Just seemed musically the time was right for something like that. Of course band issues pretty much killed that before even the musical climate could.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:53 pm

jstate wrote:
I was very biased since they were a local band but when Rat Race came out I honestly thought they were going to be the next big thing. Even people I knew who hated "hair metal" thought that was a good rock album. Just seemed musically the time was right for something like that. Of course band issues pretty much killed that before even the musical climate could.

If Grunge didn't kill them, Brian Jack would have anyways, he made a routine habit of not showing up for shows.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:01 am

New video:

Solid tune!

Blabbermouth says this is an iTunes exclusive. Hope not! Their site has a CD up for preorder, but it says CD, doesn't mean it is. So many bands call a digital-only album a CD these days. Authors are now bundling books, like a 3-in-1, in e-book format and calling them box sets. So stupid.

Anyway, hopefully there's a real CD version of this one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
New video:

Solid tune!

Blabbermouth says this is an iTunes exclusive. Hope not! Their site has a CD up for preorder, but it says CD, doesn't mean it is. So many bands call a digital-only album a CD these days. Authors are now bundling books, like a 3-in-1, in e-book format and calling them box sets. So stupid.

Anyway, hopefully there's a real CD version of this one.

i saw on amazon there was a cd version.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:43 am

Word.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
Word.

headbanger

i wonder how sales of metal will be if there are no cds? I know for one there are several release I have not purchased because no cd is available.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:17 pm

kethdredd wrote:
I miss me some Brian Jack. He did a few poppy solo albums in the 90's and hasn't been heard from since.

In tribute:

Note John Allen and Brian Jack trade vocals on this one, IIRC John Allen sings on 3 of the tracks on Rat Race.

It appears he may have died...

Quote :
Reports coming out of Baltimore, Maryland reveal that Child's Play vocalist Brian Jack has died. No details on the cause of death have been stated as of yet.

Former Child's Play bandmate and drummer John Allen posted the following on Facebook, "I am completely shocked and saddened by the death of Brian Jack. He was one of the most gifted, charismatic artists I have ever had the pleasure of sharing the stage with. He along with the rest of the guys were the brothers I never had. I will miss him incredibly."

Currently playing with the Charm City Devils, Allen will dedicate their April 21st show in Towson, Maryland to Brian Jack. "He was loved by many and it would be nice for everyone to be together again", says Allen. "So come out to Recher with your love and memories of one of the greatest frontmen/singer/artist that Baltimore has ever seen."

Mickey Cucchiella, co-host of the Mickey, Amelia & Spiegel morning show on Baltimore's 98Rock, corroborated the news by saying, "It is with a very heavy heart that I can confirm this tragic loss. Brian Jack was one of the greatest and most talented singers this town ever produced. I will miss you my friend."

Brian Jack, a Baltimore, Maryland native, was a member of Child's Play from 1984 until 1991. In 1990 the band, then signed to Chrysalis Records, released their Howard Benson produced debut album, 'Rat Race', which was promoted by a video of the title track. However Jack would quickly leave the group to pursue a solo career.

In 1992, Brian independently released his first solo effort 'Promise Of Love', which displayed a softer side to his music and went on to sell over 10,000 copies without any major label support. In 1996 the singer teamed up with Gabi Records to release his second solo album 'Collage', a collection that was recorded with several musicians in various studios.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Saw this earlier. Sad indeed. I wish him and Childs Play would have recorded more material.

Downloading the new Charm City Devils as we speak.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:53 pm

I see Amazon has the download but not the CD. Please tell me this isn't a digital-only release?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I see Amazon has the download but not the CD. Please tell me this isn't a digital-only release?
I think it might be more widely available as a digital download.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I think it might be more widely available as a digital download.

yeah - ill wait to get a cd.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm not sure what I think of this yet.

Definitely heavier and more "modern rock" sounding than their last one; I even hear echoes of (gulp!) Nickelback in some songs. Far less of the bluesy vibe than was present on Let's Rock N Roll.

"Devil Is A Woman" is easily my favorite track on the disc.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Ewww, you said that nasty word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Charm City Devils    New Charm City Devils  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Charm City Devils
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next