Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greatest Hits

Go down 
+19
mr.electric39
Chairman_Smith
INVADERS
Required Fields
T-Roy
ghost
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
Fat Freddy
mc666
spiritoradio
candlemass
ultmetal
krokus
kmorg
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Greatest Hits - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Hits   Greatest Hits - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:29 pm

I find myself only going after "Best of"/"Compilation" discs as it pertains to Pop/Rock artists. I have a very eclectic taste, but it doesn't reach as far with the aforementioned. That's probably due to radio dictating what is, and what is not considered popular. For instance, I just went back and listened to some obscure Bryan Adams/Rick Springfield stuff over the weekend. There was some stuff I liked, that I hadn't known about, but I tend to be a little more picky.

When it comes to metal, I think I tend to give bands a lot more leeway when it comes to the broader appeal of an album. I think this has a lot to do with putting a deemphasis on what would be considered a popular metal song or hit. I've always tended to like stuff from metal bands that isn't the flavor of the month. So, when it comes to metal or anything non radio friendly, I go after the albums for those bands. I might buy a "Greatest hits" album if it has been re-mastered, and their old catalog still hasn't been updated.
Back to top Go down

Greatest Hits
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3