Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Metropolis - February update

Go down 
+3
Lurideath
ultmetal
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Metropolis - February update Empty
PostSubject: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:54 pm

A short update this month, and even shorten considering I skipped January. Still, hope you enjoy checking it out, and comments are always welcome.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Nice! Leatherhead EP. Still need that one. headbanger

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Just found a mispelled word that I wanted to point out to you.

In the UDO review of the album "Timebomb" you say rooster. That should be roster.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Lurideath wrote:

In the UDO review of the album "Timebomb" you say rooster. That should be roster.
he's always thinking "rooster". Razz

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:48 am

mc666 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

he's always thinking "rooster". Razz

Haha, it's not the first time I'm doing this mistake! Thanks for pointing it out, Shannon Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:22 am

Nice job, Kurt. I especially liked your review of Iced Earth's Festival of the Wicked. I might have to get that one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks, MG! cheers

Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:05 am

Nice reviews headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:38 am

Went back and read your review of Unleashed In The East, very nice! Tom Allom ensured those earlier tunes really came alive in a live setting, easily trumping the studio versions in almost every case. As much as I enjoy the early studio albums, Unleashed In The East stands a few notches above and is one of my favorite metal albums of all-time.

The Halford assertion that only the vocals were re-recorded matches another account I remember reading (sorry, it's been so long I can't remember the source, might have been Tom Allom) where it was stated that all the music is 100% live and "most" of the vocals were re-recorded...primarily due to Halford having a cold during the actual concert dates and not being pleased with his performance.

It's also interesting to note that the crowd noise, which many people think was faked, wasn't touched and can be heard exactly as is on some of the existing bootlegs of the original concert. The reason the crowd noise kind of swells and then quiets down is due to Allom using a noise-gate on the audience track.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:34 am

S.D. wrote:
Went back and read your review of Unleashed In The East, very nice! Tom Allom ensured those earlier tunes really came alive in a live setting, easily trumping the studio versions in almost every case. As much as I enjoy the early studio albums, Unleashed In The East stands a few notches above and is one of my favorite metal albums of all-time.

The Halford assertion that only the vocals were re-recorded matches another account I remember reading (sorry, it's been so long I can't remember the source, might have been Tom Allom) where it was stated that all the music is 100% live and "most" of the vocals were re-recorded...primarily due to Halford having a cold during the actual concert dates and not being pleased with his performance.

It's also interesting to note that the crowd noise, which many people think was faked, wasn't touched and can be heard exactly as is on some of the existing bootlegs of the original concert. The reason the crowd noise kind of swells and then quiets down is due to Allom using a noise-gate on the audience track.

Very cool info on the crowd noise! I do agree with you, the songs song much better on Unleashed over the studio versions!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:47 am

It's kinda weird, as my first association with Tom Allom was becasue of the band Mass. He produced said bands debut album, but the album was shelved, and didn't see the light of day until 30 years later!

Anyway, the hype was of course that Tom Allom produced it, and that he had also worked with Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. It was very cool to see him on the Classic Albums series, talking about Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" album.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - February update   Metal Metropolis - February update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Metropolis - February update
Page 1 of 1