Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Beast

Go down 
+21
Wargod
corplhicks
Lari
Witchfinder
Andy
manny
nevermore
ShadowAngel
arachnoplasma
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Zdan
7thSaviour
Fat Freddy
James B.
tohostudios
speed101
mc666
GrandNational
Eyesore
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Battle Beast - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Haters.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Generic revivalist band. The whole tongue-in-cheek approach has been overdone lately. If you're interested in this so-called "NWOTHM", check out more original bands like Stormzone and Cauldron.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Andy wrote:
Generic revivalist band. The whole tongue-in-cheek approach has been overdone lately. If you're interested in this so-called "NWOTHM", check out more original bands like Stormzone and Cauldron.
How is this generic or tongue-in-cheek? And seriously, you talk about them being a generic revivalist band and as having a tongue-in-cheek approach...and then suggest Cauldron? The band with lyrics like "Chained up in chains under the moonlight." Good lord, dude.

Neither Stormzone or Cauldron are original in the least.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Don't like the vocals. Meh.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Andy wrote:
How is this generic or tongue-in-cheek? And seriously, you talk about them being a generic revivalist band and as having a tongue-in-cheek approach...and then suggest Cauldron? The band with lyrics like "Chained up in chains under the moonlight." Good lord, dude.

Neither Stormzone or Cauldron are original in the least.

I think Cauldron's whole point is not to be original. Isn't that the point behind the whole NWOTHM???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:26 pm

The reason I'm a "hater" is because I never really liked this "WE ARE METAL, HERE US ROAR" style to begin with...I thought most of the 80's bands that played this stuff were dumb, now in 2012 people "romanticizing" this era just makes me nauseous.

If people enjoy it that's great, but I'm not going to dumb myself down to join the party.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:39 pm

S.D. wrote:
The reason I'm a "hater" is because I never really liked this "WE ARE METAL, HERE US ROAR" style to begin with...I thought most of the 80's bands that played this stuff were dumb, now in 2012 people "romanticizing" this era just makes me nauseous.

If people enjoy it that's great, but I'm not going to dumb myself down to join the party.

?

I must be missing something. Are you saying bands like this are trying to tap into a bygone era or that people who like it are?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Both.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:45 pm

Then I call foul.

Look, it's perfectly OK for you to not like this style. It's all opinions.

What irks me is the "I'm not going to dumb myself down to join the party" part.

You listen to blues stuff that was put out before EVEN I was born. Do I say I don't listen to it because I'm too intelligent to listen to this ancient blues crap? No. You like what you like and even if I don't like it, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

How about giving the same in return for people who enjoy music you apparently think is beneath your intelligence?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:53 pm

I don't think liking or playing any certain style of music makes you dumb. Or smart for that matter. I don't think anyone would have to "dumb down" to like it. They'd just have to be the type to not take things so seriously.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:56 pm

If that's directed at me, I would ask you direct your attention to this post:

Quote :

I'm not the one who brought intelligence into the issue. The implication in that statement is clearly that anyone who enjoys this band and/or this style in this day and age is obviously not as intelligent as S.D.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:40 pm

It was not my intent to attack anyone or bring people's intelligence into question. I listen to plenty of bands with dumb lyrics and questionable image choices, this particular stripe just happens to annoy me.

Anyway, I evidently didn't word it in a nice enough manner. Didn't mean to be the bull in the china shop. Don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers.

Personally, I think I'm a dumbass, my opinion of myself is much lower than you think.

Next time I'll just keep my f*cking trap shut.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:44 pm

No, you are definitely entitiled to voice your opinion; hell, I actually look forward to it. I actually value your musical opinions.

I just think you could have chosen a better way to express it. That's all I was trying to point out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
It was not my intent to attack anyone or bring people's intelligence into question. I listen to plenty of bands with dumb lyrics and questionable image choices, this particular stripe just happens to annoy me.

Anyway, I evidently didn't word it in a nice enough manner. Didn't mean to be the bull in the china shop. Don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers.

Personally, I think I'm a dumbass, my opinion of myself is much lower than you think.

Next time I'll just keep my f*cking trap shut.
Well, now you're acting like a woman! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:36 pm

an L.A. Woman? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:27 am

tohostudios wrote:
Then I call foul.

Look, it's perfectly OK for you to not like this style. It's all opinions.

What irks me is the "I'm not going to dumb myself down to join the party" part.

You listen to blues stuff that was put out before EVEN I was born. Do I say I don't listen to it because I'm too intelligent to listen to this ancient blues crap? No. You like what you like and even if I don't like it, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

How about giving the same in return for people who enjoy music you apparently think is beneath your intelligence?
WORD! Agreed!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
an L.A. Woman? Very Happy

An American Woman, at least..... Wink

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:34 pm

I heard that on the radio. Had to find out what band it was. Then I found this thread. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:41 pm

I love Battle Beast. But holy crap was this an entertaining thread to read! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 9:00 pm

New Battle Beast is great, I actually like the new singer a tad bit better.

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:26 pm

f*cking intense vocals.

I need to get this album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Wargod, you and I have so similar tastes in music it's getting weird. I've seen that signature for awhile now, so I should have known better, but only now I figured out it's a band I might actually enjoy.

Vintage metal with a modern sound. Not as cool as Mystic Prophecy though. I also liked your video blog. Do you do reviews?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:06 pm

So...this is different:

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So...this is different:

WTF happened to this band? Was this track slated for a Super NES game?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So...this is different:

Sounds like ABBA trying to play rock music. Seriously.

PostSubject: Re: Battle Beast   Battle Beast - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Beast
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next