Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Bands Image

Go down 
+18
Hadley
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
powermacho
thejokeriv
Andy
kmorg
Lari
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
HeavyMetal
metalhead777
manny
ultmetal
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

A Bands Image - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bands Image   A Bands Image - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Image does play a huge role with me. What really slays me is when I see the band and then hear the music and it doesn't line up. Alot of country stars now look like rock stars a few years ago and some of the rock stars now look like country artist from the 60's...kinda confusing.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Jonez
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: A Bands Image   A Bands Image - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 am

Generally no, I usually could care less. The exceptions are many of the newer bands being churned out, namely the XM Radio friendly types that either look like crybaby Emo poets or are doing their best Eminem impressions. I cannot take a band serious when they're wearing girls jeans, hoodies with some effeminate combover covering their eyes nor can I take a band seriously when they're sporting baggy jeans hanging below their a**es, backwards ballcaps and wifebeaters.

Although on the plus side when I see a band looking like that there's a 90% chance they're some lame Core band that I wouldn't be interested in anyways and now know to avoid.

a few examples of what I mean:
A Bands Image - Page 3 WInds-of-Plaguge-Jon
A Bands Image - Page 3 Deathcore-band

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Bands Image   A Bands Image - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:29 am

[quote="Phoenix Reign Drummer"]
Quote :

Since I heard how big Kiss got after Alive came out I always wondered why? What was just so great about that album that made them so popular after all that time? All those songs were on the previous albums so why didn't take a live album to make them popular?
The biggest reason Alive hit was because of the cover. That cover defined the band and gave perspective buyers a glimpse into what the band might sound like. The first two covers left big question marks. The packaging was fantastic for Alive and jumped out at you in the record store and in the mid-seventies that was super cool. The second part of the success was what Eddie Kramer did for the band's sound. The album sounded great and had an energy that echoed the cover. Word of mouth at that point took over.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: A Bands Image   A Bands Image - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:55 pm

[quote="wmcollis"]
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Quote :

Since I heard how big Kiss got after Alive came out I always wondered why? What was just so great about that album that made them so popular after all that time? All those songs were on the previous albums so why didn't take a live album to make them popular?
The biggest reason Alive hit was because of the cover. That cover defined the band and gave perspective buyers a glimpse into what the band might sound like. The first two covers left big question marks. The packaging was fantastic for Alive and jumped out at you in the record store and in the mid-seventies that was super cool. The second part of the success was what Eddie Kramer did for the band's sound. The album sounded great and had an energy that echoed the cover. Word of mouth at that point took over.

Interesting....

Metal novice
Metal novice
JaguarBlaze

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: A Bands Image   A Bands Image - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Quote :
I do see some bands these days and they look like the geeks that got beat up in high school when I was in school and I wonder when it became 'cool' to look like a nerd. Just a confession of an old guy I guess.

Yeah, I never quite understand the whole nerd-rock thing. Rock 'n' roll was always about bravado, about toughness. Then the 90's happened.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: A Bands Image   A Bands Image - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:58 pm

I don't even want to comment on all that weird Emo trend that is going on now, the "hair over one eye" and looking like you get beat up every day. The whole Screamo-, Emo-, Whatever-core scene where the 'singer' screams and cries while the guitarrist sounds like he penetrates a cat. It's a weird hype, it will go over.

I think a certain image is important to reach the masses, i don't think that metal bands necesserarily need to have long hair and leather clothes but something that makes them special. Like Iron Maiden and in the 80's their great album covers and of couse Eddie.
KISS stood out because of the face-paiting. Alice Cooper got famous because of the stage show (same as W.A.S.P. later) and Jethro Tull became known for the stage behaviour of Ian Anderson and his flute.

I don't care about the look of musicians, they can look like crap or a bad joke as long as they make good music...i don't give a smurf poo. Halford and Judas Priest completely overdid the leather look to a point where they look like a caricature but that doesn't take away anything from the awesome music they created.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A Bands Image   A Bands Image - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:21 pm

when i hear dudes who came up with the whole 80's metal scene talking about how geeky & weird metal guys these days look it makes me laugh.

Spyder Jonez
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: A Bands Image   A Bands Image - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:20 pm

JaguarBlaze wrote:

Yeah, I never quite understand the whole nerd-rock thing. Rock 'n' roll was always about bravado, about toughness. Then the 90's happened.

A Bands Image - Page 3 Poison
A Bands Image - Page 3 Ratt
A Bands Image - Page 3 Winger
A Bands Image - Page 3 600full-motley-crue

You were saying?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Bands Image   A Bands Image - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bands Image
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3