Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?

Go down 
+9
Witchfinder
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
metalken
Getizzyback
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Empty
PostSubject: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:20 pm

I stumbled across these guys on one of my Directv radio channels a few days ago, and I can honestly say I had never heard or heard of them prior. The singer of this group is awesome, I like 'em a lot. Any fans?

Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:15 am

Liked them back then, like them now. The e.p. before this one is top notch and sounds edgier than the Bob Rock produced s/t release. But it is hard to find.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 am

Great band! The record company and promoters just couldn't figure out how to market them at the time. During an era of pretty boy hair bands, a band that looked like a biker gang just didn't fit in.

The S/T is their best IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:55 am

I don't know too much about them but did get to see them open for KISS on the Hot In The Shade tour. They did put on a good show as I recall though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:56 am

I have an Ace Frehley tribute album (SPACEWALK) where the singer for this band performs "Hard Luck Woman."

...aaaaand that's all I got.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:25 am

I used to have 2 of their albums back in the day, the s/t debut and whatever the follow-up was. They did pretty decent biker bar-band rock. I ditched both albums some time ago, but I kinda wish I had the s/t album again. I'd probably appreciate it more now than I did at the time.

Quote :
I have an Ace Frehley tribute album (SPACEWALK) where the singer for this band performs "Hard Luck Woman."

That a real good tribute album. The lead singer (Ron something?) also had a brief role in the 2nd Terminator film. He's one of the bikers at the beginning that hits a naked Arnold with a pool cue.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Why would "Hard Luck Woman" be on an Ace Frehley tribute album? lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:31 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Beats me. I've often wondered that myself. Maybe he wrote it?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:33 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Good point. Sounds weird now that you mention it. I'll have to assume he wrote it. There are a coupla other KISS songs on the same album that Ace didn't sing on, but he wrote (Cold Gin, etc).

EDIT: Well, there goes that theory...

Quote :
The song was originally written by Kiss guitarist Paul Stanley as a possible track for Rod Stewart, but when Stewart showed no interest in singing it, Kiss decided to keep it for themselves

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Good point. Sounds weird now that you mention it. I'll have to assume he wrote it. There are a coupla other KISS songs on the same album that Ace didn't sing on, but he wrote (Cold Gin, etc).

EDIT: Well, there goes that theory...

Quote :
The song was originally written by Kiss guitarist Paul Stanley as a possible track for Rod Stewart, but when Stewart showed no interest in singing it, Kiss decided to keep it for themselves

I don't even think Ace PLAYED on that song...haha! lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:48 am

This is from Ult's site, so that's as good as gospel to me Razz

Quote :
Unlike Bob Ezrin, who had produced the bands "Destroyer" album and who didn't mind getting outside players to perform on the band's albums, Eddie felt it best to try to get the very best he could out of the four KISS musicians.

Wiki says Ace played acoustic guitar on it.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This is from Ult's site, so that's as good as gospel to me Razz

Quote :
Unlike Bob Ezrin, who had produced the bands "Destroyer" album and who didn't mind getting outside players to perform on the band's albums, Eddie felt it best to try to get the very best he could out of the four KISS musicians.

Wiki says Ace played acoustic guitar on it.

Well there you go...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:02 am

Lets swing this truck back around to Little Ceasar. I believe they re-united and released an album not that long ago. Anyone heard it?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:41 am

I have it. It's called "Redemption" and it's not nearly as good as the S/T or "Influence". Not sure how many of the original members play on it either.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:51 pm

me like Little Ceaser

blues based hard rock/metal......check
that biker look......check

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:55 pm

I was a big fan of these guys back in the day and I have their EP and their first three albums. I never did get around to purchasing Redemption.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Quote :
I have their EP and their first three albums

3 albums? I must've missed one. I only knew of 2, the self-titled and Influence. What was the 3rd?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
I have their EP and their first three albums

3 albums? I must've missed one. I only knew of 2, the self-titled and Influence. What was the 3rd?

The third album is "This Time It's Different"
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:15 pm

No, I can't stand their pizza. Razz
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Joe wrote:

You beat me too it lol!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Joe wrote:

Yea, I knew that was coming, actually their $5 cheese or pepperoni pizzas are pretty good for the price.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:55 pm

I love LITTLE CAESAR.

The S/T and "Influence" are great. The "Name Your Poison" e.p. is fantastic. but mucho rare. I don't even have it on cd.

Ron Young also fronted the band MANIC EDEN with Adrian Vandenberg, Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge.

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 pm

James B. wrote:

blues based hard rock/metal......check
that biker look......check

Did you listen to Circus Of Power?

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Good band. The singer had a great Billy Gibbons bluesy type voice. I have a copy of their secong album "Influence", but I remember liking the debut a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?   LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LITTLE CAESAR.... anyone?
Page 1 of 1